• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 4,087 Views, 113 Comments

Freddy Fazbear and Friends Presents: ...Equestria? - Shadowflame



The cast of Five Nights at Freddy's suddenly find themselves in Equestria, but to their surprise, they're not quite as technological as they once were. How will they cope in the realm of the living? How will they take to ponies instead of humans?

  • ...
33
 113
 4,087

H-h-h-hey-hey There Everybody!

Author's Note:

Hey all! So, I found that my original plan for this story wasn't going to sail for very much longer before inconsistencies began popping up, plus there was one thing I wanted to change in particular: The general tone about all of the animatronic characters. To me, they all just seemed... angry. I know that's what I was shooting for in the first place, but it just wasn't... the right kind of anger, if that makes any sense.

Hopefully I set that desired tone up well in this rewrite of the first chapter. Sorry people, but you'll just have to read it again! Not much has changed in this chapter, but you might be seeing even more change in later chapters, all the way up to where we were before.

Enjoy!
And thanks for reading!
-Shadowflame

“Ugh…”

Freddy moaned as he slowly regained consciousness, only to find he was lying down, belly pressed against the ground. He presumed it to be the floor of the stage… but how did he end up there?

“… What happened? Did I lock a servo by accident? That’s never happened before.”

A slight breeze of wind blew across his fur, his round ears twitching slightly at the mildly cold sensation.

“… huh, that’s…” Freddy felt his breath hitch in his throat, “t-that’s… c-cold…” He had never felt cold… not since…

Freddy’s eyes bolted open as he cocked his head up from its place on the ground, only to be struck by a sight that rocked him to the core.

He was lying in a wide open area of grass, atop what seemed to be a tiny hill. He was met by a blue sky above him, with an incredible sun that radiated with brightness, but not enough to make looking its direction too agonizing, seemingly almost… friendly to anyone it shone down upon.

Freddy Fazbear swiveled his head around, his jaw dropping at his surroundings, “… I don’t think I’m in my pizzeria anymore.” He quickly tried to stand up in order to see the rest of his surroundings properly, but as soon as his hands met the grass to push himself up, he instantly knew something was wrong.

He could actually feel the grass… it was soft underneath his hands, almost like a cushion. He had never felt this softness before. Hell, he had never felt at all before!

Freddy looked down at his hands, only for his eyes to widen in surprise at what he saw. His animatronic hands were no more, but instead were fur covered claws. They were black tips that contrasted with his brown fur that was noticeably fuller and more alive in length… wait, alive?

In almost a panic, Freddy quickly glanced over the rest of himself. First with his arms, which were now solid limbs, with no crevices between his joints and outer parts. Poking himself with a claw, he could feel the skin hidden beneath his fur, wincing slightly in pain as he accidentally pricked himself a bit too hard with his sharp claws.

But despite his search over his whole body, he couldn’t find a single trace of the familiar animatronic parts he had been made from before. Quite the opposite actually. His hind legs weren’t even in the right shape anymore, bending in a less humanoid fashion. His old, nubby, metal teeth had been replaced by actual fangs and omnivore teeth… just like…

Freddy gasped, “It… It can’t be.” The bushier fur, the claws, the teeth… Freddy glanced down at his chest to see it rising and falling, with his breath!

He was alive…

He was alive!

Freddy felt his voice choke in his throat, “I-I’m… a bear?”

He, for some inexplicable reason, had become a real bear, no longer an animatronic.

“How?!” was all Freddy could ask as he stood up on his hind legs, which could thankfully still allow him to stand. “How is this possible?”

Another gentle breeze caressed his fur, ruffling it a bit. Strangely, it felt… comforting, but that only unnerved Freddy more. He couldn’t feel the cold before, he couldn’t feel softness… he couldn’t even smell before! What happened to change that? What had happened to change him?

He didn’t know. Knowing that, Freddy let out a sigh, “What’s going on?” He turned his head around towards his surroundings, “Where am I?”

The animatronic bear turned bear looked around, only to find nothing but open grassland around him. But as he looked out farther into the distance, he found something interesting.

Several miles away from his position, mountains struck out of the ground like the teeth of a comb, but what intrigued Freddy was the mountain farthest to the left, or more specifically, what stood on it. Many towers stood erect, jutting out of the mountain, with walls and flags, flying high in the wind. The whole structure was pearly white, sticking out like a pearl behind a canopy of moss.

“A castle?” Freddy frowned. “Whoever had to bone to drag me out of my pizzeria must have dragged me far. I don’t remember seeing a castle like that before, even before I-“

Before the words left his mouth, a headache racked the bear’s skull, causing Freddy to wince in pain. It always hurt him to think of anything before the incident… back before… before what? He couldn’t remember.

Shaking his head away from the subject, Freddy turned his gaze towards the white castle on the mountain, “Well, standing here won’t do me any good. If anything, I can at least figure out where I am if I head there.”

Determined with his current plan of action, Freddy began to walk towards the mountain,

Only for him to fall forwards as his stubby hind legs weren’t very easy to walk alone with. Back down on the ground on all fours, Freddy sighed again, “Real bear, huh?” He shrugged, still confused, “Well, not much I can do about that.”

He was about to continue, but he was stopped as he spotted something on the ground before his paws. It was a black top hat, as sleek and shimmering in the daylight just like how it was the day it was made.

Freddy’s eyes widened, “My hat!” With a claw, he picked it up, holding it up closer for him to see. A small smile crossed his face, “Huh, I’m glad I still have at least this!”

Satisfied to see it hadn’t been damaged in any way, Freddy put his hat back on his furry head. Surprisingly, it still fit, even with his most likely altered head size. With his hat back, Freddy nodded and returned to his current task: making the trek to the castle on the mountain.

But as he walked, a thought lingered in the back of his mind. Where were the others? Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, the Toy Animatronics, Golden Freddy, and even Balloon Boy found their way into Freddy’s mind. A sense of worry began to well up inside him as he wondered if they had been brought to this strange place too. And if so, were they safe?

… But then Freddy’s mind drifted towards a certain animatronic back from the restaurant. What about Marionette? I hope he’s alright too.

___________________________________________

Fluttershy’s mornings were usually as normal as any other day. Every day, she would wake up in her little cottage, usually earlier in the morning so she could gather together all of the food for her animal friends’ morning feeding. She didn’t eat anything in the morning before the animals were fed. After all, what kind of filly would she be if she waited to feed all of her friends after eating breakfast herself? She wasn’t very hungry in the mornings anyways.

However, this morning was different for the butter-yellow pegasus. As Fluttershy was finishing gathering all of her animal food, a small, white bunny hopped into the kitchen a look of urgency written across his face.

The little bunny hopped over to where Fluttershy stood at the kitchen counter, before tugging as hard as he could on her leg.

Fluttershy jumped slightly in surprise from that. Looking down, she recognized the little bunny, “Oh, good morning, Angel Bunny. Did you sleep well?”

Angel waved his arms, signaling that he was trying to say something else. After years of communicating with Fluttershy like this, he knew just how to get the point across.

Fluttershy blinked in surprise as she watched Angel pointed in the direction of the living room, where most of the indoors animals clustered when it was time for breakfast. Afterwards, Angel made a ‘+’ with his arms.

“Oh, does someone need first aid?” Fluttershy guessed, growing visibly worried, “Oh, dear, someone was hurt?”

Angel quickly shook his head, doing the same sign again.

“Addition?” Fluttershy asked. Angel nodded, to which Fluttershy guessed, “Oh, we have an addition? A new animal friend?”

Angel nodded and Fluttershy smiled widely, “Oh, if we have a visitor, I better say hello.” She was about to make towards the living room, but her path was promptly blocked by Angel Bunny.

Fluttershy glanced down at the little bunny, only to find a worried expression on his face. Seeing his worry, it translated over to Fluttershy, making her frown in the same manner, “Oh my, what’s wrong, Angel?”

Suddenly, a voice shouted out from the living room, “GAAAH! Stop staring at me, would ya?!”

“O-oh my.” Fluttershy quickly galloped into the living room to see what was wrong, and this new visitor was.

The yellow pegasus trotted into her living room and was a bit surprised to find all of her animals skirting the outside of the room, eyes intently pressing towards the center of the room. Squirells and other rodents squeaked in curiosity, as well as in equal uneasiness, from where they stood on seats or furniture. The birds stared as well, from the ceiling rafters and the little bird houses scattered around the walls. But no matter the animal, all of them seemed skittish.

Fluttershy’s eyes drifted towards the center of the room, following the gazes of the animals. But to her surprise, all she found was a single, tiny, adorable, purple bunny. Unlike any other bunnies, this one was literally violet, colored a lighter shade of purple around his nose and belly.

But what really caught Fluttershy off guard wasn’t this new bunny’s coloring, but rather the fact that said animal was speaking.

The little purple bunny glared at the other animals in the room, annoyance dominating his tiny face, “Honestly, could you all stop staring at me! For the love of-“ The bunny was cut short when he caught sight of Fluttershy in the doorway.

The new bunny raised an eyebrow, “… is that a yellow horse?”

Fluttershy blinked in surprise, sort of unsure how to respond, “Um… h-hello?”

Instantly, the bunny’s eyes widened, his jaw dropping, “What?! You just talked! Horses can’t talk!”

“O-oh, sorry, I-I’m actually a pony.” Fluttershy amended, finding this purple bunny a bit odd, “A-all ponies can talk. Sorry, but I’ve never met a bunny who could talk before.”

The bunny glared at that, “Whoa, I might just look like a bunny, but I’m not a bunny!”

Fluttershy stared at him in confusion for a moment, “Y-you’re not? If I might ask, what are you then?”

“I’m… uh…” The bunny glanced down at his arms, then looked behind him at his fluffy tail, then reached up and pulled on one of his ears, as if testing to see if it was actually real. After another moment of silence, the bunny simply crossed his arms and let out a humph, “Alright, alright, fine. I admit it, I’m a bunny.”

“Oh, that’s nice.” Fluttershy gave a tiny smile, despite the odd feeling she was getting from this talking animal. But then again, he was a talking animal, which made a part of her begin to well up in excitement. “I’m Fluttershy.”

“I’m Bonnie.” The bunny replied, before glancing around, “Say, you wouldn’t happen to know where I am, would you?”

“Oh, you’re in my cottage in Ponyville.” Fluttershy replied, “If I might ask, where did you come from, Bonnie?”

Bonnie paused, still trying to register what Fluttershy had said, “Uh… did you say Ponyville?”

Fluttershy’s smile vanished, “Oh, um, yes.”

Bonnie simply frowned to himself. He had never heard of place called Ponyville before, and last he checked, ponies couldn’t speak. Putting the latter of the two points aside for later, Bonnie distinctly remembered being at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza last night… but what had happened after that? Had someone somehow shut him down and hauled him away? That still didn’t explain why he was a bunny now, and that bothered him to no end.

But hopefully this Ponyville, as unknown as it was to him, wasn’t too far to the pizzeria and he could get back to the other animatronics for help.

Bonnie looked back towards Fluttershy, “So wait, where’s Ponyville exactly?”

Fluttershy’s expression lit up at the thought of being helpful towards Bonnie, “Oh, it’s just south of Canterlot and borders the Everfree Forest.”

Canterlot? The Everfree Forest? Bonnie didn’t recognize either of those names. A pang of worry rose up into his tiny chest. “Um, what country?” He asked hopefully.

“Equestria.”

More worry. “Which continent?”

“North Equinnia.”

“Planet?!”

“Equus?” Fluttershy replied, growing a bit worried by the odd look on Bonnie’s face.

Bonnie, however, had suddenly blocked out everything else around him, mumbling slightly, “T-the planet Equus…?” He had no idea where he was, and it was obviously very clear that he was nowhere near Freddy’s.

So, he did like any sane bunny would do with the knowledge that he had been moved to a whole other planet overnight: he fainted.

______________________________________

Bonnie was not having a good morning. No, in fact, he was having a really strange one. First, he woke up to find that he was no longer in Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, but in some strange building filled with dozens of animals, who all happened to be staring at him when he woke.

It wasn’t until some white bunny approached him that he realized that he had shrunk in size. He may have been a bunny animatronic before, but after a few inspections, he had realized that he had become an actual bunny, in size and everything!

But that was the least of his worries. Where was Freddy? Where was Chica? Foxy? Golden Freddy? He even wondered where that little annoying bugger, Balloon Boy, was.

And finally, there was the cherry that topped the whole sundae of a bad morning. Bonnie had met a strange yellow pony named Fluttershy, who told him that he had jumped planets unknowingly in a single night. Not much else could ruin a morning like that could.

He was alone and on another planet… or so he had thought.

Bonnie was woken by a series of jabs to his belly and a sharp female voice, “Hey, wakeup, sleepyhead!”

Bonnie put his paws over his belly as it began to feel sensitive from the poking, groggily moaning, “Nng… Stop…”

The voice just sighed, “Honestly, you’re just stubborn when you’re at the charging station. You always overdo it.”

Wait, charging station? Bonnie’s eyes shot open at that, “Huh, I know that voice.”

He sat up, glancing around to find that he was now sitting on a couch, still a tiny little bunny though. He looked around for the source of the voice and found himself face to face with yet another bunny.

This bunny was a girl, colored blue with white patches of fur on her nose and belly. She also had rosy patches of fur on her cheeks. Even though this was another live bunny, Bonnie instantly knew who it was.

“Bonbon?” He asked, though silently hoping it wasn’t.

Bonbon just rolled her eyes, “Obviously, no-face.”

Bonnie glowered at her, “Oi, you know full well they used my face as spare parts for you.”

Bonbon merely smirked, “Well, not that I wanted to use any parts from that ugly mug of yours.” She giggled mischievously, “But hey, this new ‘fluffy’ look works well for you.”

Bonnie rolled his eyes, shaking his head, “Why do I even bother?” He glanced around to find that they were still in Fluttershy’s cottage, sitting on a couch in the living room. Thankfully though, there wasn’t a house full of staring animals waiting for him to wake up this time.

Bonnie frowned as he turned back to Bonbon, “But seriously, where did you come from?”

Bonbon just sighed as she sat back on the couch, crossing her hind legs and putting her paws behind her head in her relaxed position, “I woke up in a clearing of forest not too far from here.” She glanced down towards her little body, “After I saw my transformation and the disappearance of Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza, I found this little cottage, met Fluttershy, found you passed out here, and stayed a bit.” She yawned jokingly, “But it has been kind of boring waiting for you to wake up, since this guy over here isn’t much of a talker.”

Bonnie watched as Bonbon pointed a paw down off of the couch, right to where a single white bunny was standing, watching them from a little ways away with a small scowl. Bonnie recognized it to be the bunny who had confronted him the first time he had woken up in the cottage.

Angel Bunny simply nodded their way, making the hand sign ‘I’m watching you two, so no funny business’, before hopping off.

“It seems that even though we are both animals, we are still incapable of actual conversation with our own species.” Bonbon explained, “The only ones who can speak on this planet are the more sentient species, such as the ponies.”

Bonnie gave her wry glance, “So you know about-“

“About our displacement?” She nodded, “Yes, it seems we have been brought to another world, but as to how or why, I do not know.”

Bonnie spared a surprised look, “You… seem to be taking this well.”

Bonbon simply smirked, “Well, I was always the better model type.”

“Hey, just because you had facial recognition doesn’t make you better than me.” Bonnie grumbled as he plopped down on the couch as well. He sighed a bit, “So, what’s the plan then? Find the others? If you’re here, then it’s more than likely that everyone else came along for the ride.”

“Yes, that seems like the best plan for now.” Bonbon replied, “We must hurry though. I have a feeling it would be better if done sooner rather than later.” Her tone left a pang of worry with Bonnie.

Bonnie raised an eyebrow at her, “Why would we need to rush?”

The blue bunny shot him a cold look, “Because, if we are under the assumption that everyone in the restaurant last night was displaced to Equestria, then that means we have one extra person to look out for: the night guard.”

Bonnie frowned at that, but he could feel a twinge of fiery anger spark in his chest as he heard it, “So? He’s probably just a fake like all the other ones before.” The bunny’s teeth ground in frustration as memories of the night flashed through his mind, “It’s always the same. Everytime a new guard comes in, that… that bastard’s voice is always there. But every time we manage to get him, it’s never him!”

Bonbon nodded in sympathy, a scowl crossed across her tiny bunny face, “Yes, that’s almost always the case…” She locked eyes with Bonnie, “But we can’t just ignore this night guard if he came with us here, just in case it is him. He'll no doubt look for his next victim, even in a place like this. You know what Marionette would want us to do.”

Slowly, Bonnie nodded, “’Save them’."