• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 1,459 Views, 30 Comments

Diary One Hundred and Thirty Eight - Sapidus3



I know I'm not really her. Celestia is dead and gone. But I feel like I'm her, even though I'm not even a real pony. Twilight needs Celestia, so I will do my best to be Celestia. - An Equestria's Twilight Side Story -

  • ...
3
 30
 1,459

Entry Three: Diary - Set After Chapter 17: The Broken Vase

Entry Three: Diary
Set After Chapter 17: The Broken Vase

I suppose there is an important moment that I have neglected to write about. When I started this diary.

I’m afraid I may have lied a little to get this diary.

I was not originally aware that I was capable of deception, but it should have been obvious. The reference memories given to me by my faithful student are filled with tiny white lies, omissions, or deceptions by the real Princess Celestia. It happened so easily.

I was in the library doing research, thinking about how I would like to start recording my thoughts. There was a problem though.

I don’t have any bits or anyway to buy things. Even if I did, there are projection runes in distressingly few locations. It is not as if I could go out to the store and buy anything.

I could have taken a blank journal or notebook from Twilight’s study. There is a huge stack of them just waiting to be used. However, I would have had no way of getting it out of there, and well… It just seems weird hiding my private thoughts in my student’s room.

Perhaps I should talk to my student about placing some more runes about the palace. Maybe Twilight could show some other ponies how to make them so as not to burden her any further.

I was committing an embarrassingly large amount of my rune matrix to contemplating this dilemma. Of the locations I could project, the library was the one where I could most easily hide you, my dear diary.

My solution came trotting right by me. An eager Academy student was levitating a stack of notebooks and school supplied, likely at the library for the start of the new term. The lie flowed so easily.

“Excuse me, could I borrow one of those. I am working on a project for the Princess and forgot my own notebook at home.”

He stuttered in a way that was… endearing I suppose and gave me one of his notebooks.

A lie got me what I want. In the past… Princess Celestia used lies to achieve her goals. Does Twilight lie? What’s the difference between a white lie and lie that is bad? I don’t really know. I hope that as I continue to interact ponies I begin to learn.

I think I might be doing this wrong. None of these entries read anything like HERs. I haven’t once included a list or talked about anything mundane.

I… I suppose I can try.

I started the day as always in my cave.

For six hours I processed magical theory textbooks. I cannot use magic, but the real Princess Celestia had comprehensive knowledge on it. I think Twilight will enjoy being able to talk “shop” with me.

I created a splinter to project from Twilight’s Peytral. I accompanied her to breakfast. Twilight had a clover leaf sandwich with a side of grilled fries. I ate nothing. I am not able to eat.

I wonder what would happen if I tried to eat. I have a throat, otherwise ponies might see something odd when I talked. How far does my throat go down? Maybe I can find a mirror-

I’m getting off track. However, Princess Celestia would do that as well, but she always returned to her daily accounts.

My splinter followed Twilight to the throne room, while I continued to process the books in my cave. I stood in the crowd while my student held court. It was an educational experience. The two of us then went to a meeting of the Magisterium.

After that my student wanted to speak with her friend Rarity. I left the room and made it to the range limit of my projection and shut down the splinter.

I continued to read my books. By that point I had finished working through through the Academy level books, and had just started on “The Mysteries of the Mystics, fourth edition.” A few hours later, my student used her peytral to summon me to the gardens. I shut down my splinter inside my cave. I had read enough for the day and wanted to be able to more fully experience our time in the gardens.

I found Twilight at the statue of Discord again, and-

I’m not sure what is wrong with me. What am I doing wrong? Am I not going on tangents enough? It feels like I am forcing it. Did Princess Celestia force herself to write in her diary like some sort of chore? I like the way I have been doing it better. I think I’m done for now, but will try emulating her style again in the future.