• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 1,248 Views, 31 Comments

The Iron Lady - Chelis



Sunset Shimmer is the pilot of a Mecha that has been charged with defending Manehatten from a sudden and deadly influx of giant monsters.

  • ...
19
 31
 1,248

The New Dawn

Six months had passed since that fateful night. The city lost ten thousand of its citizens that night, the funerals for those killed went on for months, including the difficult day when Twilight had to attend the funeral of Blossoming Jewel. A few hundred thousand were injured. Most were scrapes, cuts, and bruises. But, a good amount were lacerations, disfigurement, dismemberment, where many trauma surgeons described it as "from a war zone". It also became the costliest event in Equestria in the tune of five trillion dollars, most coming from the collapsed buildings and the halt of commerce in the heart of Manehattan, the financial capital of the kingdom .

Even with the sixth-month anniversary of that tragic day, the once iconic skyline was still missing a few buildings. Those holes in the skyline would be eventually replaced with newer, taller and strong buildings. It also strengthened the city's reputation for its toughness and compassion in times of crisis.

"You're good to go, Sunset?" Twilight asked through the intercom.

"Hell yea! Bring it!" Sunset shouted back.

A few keystrokes later, the simulation inside the robot started, and Sunset was once again thrown to that night in a simulated battle.

She walked to the front of the open hangar doors and spotted Rainbow Dash and Soarin working on an engine of a fighter jet that was parked on the side. They were allowed to keep their relationship a poorly kept secret, but they couldn't be official and get engaged. They left as soon as their reenlistment came up and joined the crew as first responders. Their job was to be the first line of defense and buying time for the robot to be dispatched to where it needed to go.

Off in the distance, a luxury car was headed their way, the dust behind them was getting kicked up in the air. Twilight waved to the car as it stopped next to her, revealing Rarity, Flash, and most importantly: lunch. Flash handed Twilight the food And helped rarity gingerly get out of the car. Like Soarin and Rainbow Dash, they were also engaged with their wedding in two months, and their first "miracle in the form of a defective condom" son expecting to arrive a month later.

Everyone left around five in the afternoon to head home, leaving Twilight alone with spike as the hangar’s residents. There would be a day where she would have more staff, and able to not live her life in that hanger in case a new monster was to appear, but for now she would have to tough it out.

Still, at least it had some perks, like being able to continue her old experiments as before without worrying about waking up or blowing up the block around her. She also had a perfect place to spend time with her new … Well, old lover. He had returned a few days after the incident as her "official liaison" to the kingdom. It was a position that was basically filling out government paperwork for Twilight and became the project's "advocate" when it came to talking to the government, but he took it the second it opened up to spend time with Twilight again like before, having been separated from her after the first closing of the project those many years ago. Twilight would walk outside after dark, and stare at the beautiful skyline of Manehattan.

"Twilight are you coming in soon? I have to close the hangar," her lover's voice called out through the PA system.

She had a grin as she walked back inside the hangar, relaxed but always ready to lead the defense of her nation on the back of her robot Machinka-01, nicknamed "The Iron Lady".

Comments ( 4 )

Please say there's gonna be a sequel!

hmmmmm good story

what anime is this from?

Login or register to comment