• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 1,245 Views, 31 Comments

The Iron Lady - Chelis



Sunset Shimmer is the pilot of a Mecha that has been charged with defending Manehatten from a sudden and deadly influx of giant monsters.

  • ...
19
 31
 1,245

Celebration

The first group to cheer when the monster was defeated was the fighter pilots. Relief sunk in that group as well.

The command room erupted in cheers when they saw on the monitors the death of the monster. Soarin and Spitfire embraced in joy and relief, Jumping and laughing with the rest of the command room.

"I'm not gonna wait for a call, let's go home, boys!" Rainbow Dash commanded to her flight and the Fighting Griffins. The movements were noticed by the war room.

"Rainboom! Griffons! Did you see that?!" Soarin asked.

"Yea, it's finally over! We will be back in an hour!" Rainbow cheerfully reported.

There were no cheers at the Princess's chambers. The advisors and generals took a sigh of relief, took their folders, papers, coffee mugs, and swiftly made their exit, not before tipping their hats and bowing to their princesses a good night. Luna stayed in the room as Celestia closed the door. As soon as she did they ran to each other in an embrace. They feared what the monster would bring for their nation. Their people and they will tend to the hurt, grieve for the dead, and rebuild what was lost. But, in the meantime, it was time to celebrate.

Sunset didn't wait to see if the creature was truly dead, willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the scientific fact that if the head is chopped off that nine times out of ten the creature is dead. Flash flew to the machine, landing on the head of the mechanic monster

"Alright, Sunset. Let's see someā€¦.. I'm too tired for an egg pun. Fry them."

"Go kill yourself for that one," Sunset groaned as she pulled the trigger on her flamethrower gauntlet. Machinka's right hand exploded in a steady stream of fire, engulfing the large bowl filled with the monster's eggs in flames. Nothing happened to the eggs at first, but eventually large cracking and subsequent popping sounds were heard. she didn't stop the assault until she heard all 132 eggs pop.

"Flash, Sunset?" Twilight's voice was heard through their intercom.

"Yea?" They answered simultaneously.

"I want to thank you, for avenging my friend. I know there's the whole 'you saved our nation' and all that jazz, but personally, I want to thank you. Flash get off of the robot, I'm about to bring her home."

Flash obliged, and as soon as he was back on his hoverbike, the autopilot kicked in. Sunset's flight home felt shorter, but she did have a nice view of the city below her, the streets were plugged up with foot traffic making their way back home in the creeping daybreak, heading to either their intact homes or demolished rubble. But, no matter how badly their lives were changed because of the night's events, they still stopped and cheered at the robot hovering overhead, thanking it for the pilot's act of bravery.

As for Flash, he also had people cheer for him as he navigated under the skyline and to the river separating the mainland from the island. People on the bridge clapped and cheered, but he ignored them, save a thumbs up to them as he raced over to where he wanted to go: his woman, who was waiting for him at the marina on the mainland.

When he stopped in front of her, she was disheveled, tired, and looked like a complete mess, like most in the city. In front of her was the man that she loved, who just had a hand in saving everything and everyone she would ever care for.

Flash Sentry took off his helmet and offered her his hand. "Hey babe: need a lift?"

***

When Flash sentry and Rarity landed in front of the hangar, Sunset was getting out of Machinka, which was just done performing a perfect landing on the flatbed that took it out in the first place. Twilight and Spike were waiting for Sunset as well. Usually, protocol was to wait for the robot to dock inside the hangar, but considering it was already dawn and it was their first kill, procedure could be thrown by the wayside for the occasion. When Sunset jumped off the rope ladder that was built into the cockpit she was instantly grabbed by all three. They laughed and celebrated right there, their first mission completed.

"We did it!" Twilight celebrated.

"Yea! good job Sunset!"

"Thanks, guys. But, I think I wouldn't like anything more than I want a hot meal and some sleep," Sunset said

"I don't mind that," Flash replied.

"Shotgun!" Twilight announced.

From there they went to a nearby restaurant, grabbed their food to go, not wanting to be mobbed by the hordes of evacuees all around. As much as they would have loved the appreciation, there was a time and a place for it, and that time a good sleep would be worth all the fanfare.

They arrived back at the hangar, ate and fell asleep on the bed. The four had a history together. Three of them were best friends, with the added complication of one being former lovers and one of them dating the others best friend. The fourth well... with her own life issues and a cute dog to take care off. All that melted away as they were all asleep on the same king sized bed, scraps of food all over the blankets and were being sought after by a hungry dog. In front of them the flat screen television telling the events of what happened, the video of their victorious efforts, and, unbeknownst to them, they were in for a rude awakening when the television helecopter cameras showed the robots location, sitting in front of the once presumably abandoned hangar, the hole in the fence used as a mere bottleneck for the waves of people, headed to the hanger to cheer for their new heroes.

Author's Note:

I have a skype group for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/MkJbzfI1D8o2