• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 1,245 Views, 31 Comments

The Iron Lady - Chelis



Sunset Shimmer is the pilot of a Mecha that has been charged with defending Manehatten from a sudden and deadly influx of giant monsters.

  • ...
19
 31
 1,245

Battle

"Well, shit!" Twilight commented.

The monster was still charging, and Sunset watched it close in on her.

"How do I fix it, you fucking nerd!?" Sunset barked.

"Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?" Twilight smirked.

"REALLY! OF ALL THE TIMES YOU MAKE A TECH SUPPORT JOKE YOU CHOSE NOW TO -"

She felt the force of the hit and it sent her flying upwards

Machinka - 01 was toppling over.

"Fuck!" She hollered as she braced for the impact. When it came, she was rocked around the cabin, being thrown around the cockpit like a measly ragdoll. The many screens in front of her lost their signal for a second. When the cameras came back online, she was staring face to face with the monster that was towering over her.

The world watched, on television, flying around the city in their jets or hoverbikes, as their only hope for the city and possibly Equestria got knocked over without putting up a fight.

"God damn that thing is ugly," Sunset breathed, only being protected from the elements by a three-foot clear plastic sheet.

The creature circled the downed robot, which landed in a patch of trees crushed by the machine’s weight. It was studying it, wondering why it was dropped near her and if it was alive. What became an issue was when the monster went up to the head of the machine and raised her leg, looking like it was going to stomp Machina’s head in.

"Twilight, you might want to figure out what the hell is wrong!" Sunset hollered.

"I'm working on it! Running diagnostics check!" Twilight reported back.

Back in the hanger, she was running a system check on each computer. Every one came back with nothing wrong. Every computer was operational, even after the hit. Something was keeping the machine from moving, and it was coming from her end.

What is going on? Twilight thought, unsure of how to fix this. In the back of her mind, the fear began to set in. She had already lost a friend that night, and dreaded that she might lose another because of her and the machine. Having tried everything in her mind that could help, she felt as if she was on the brink of a nervous breakdown.

It was then she saw it manifest. On the corner of the screen, an animation came up of a paper clip with eyes on top of a notepad. Next to it was a speech bubble that read:

"It looks like you left autopilot on. Need some help turning it off?"

On the radio, Twilight's audible sobbing turned into to laughter, which made Sunset and Flash uneasy.

"Twilight, what's going on?!"

"You see, I ran all these calculations and it turns out; I forgot to turn the autopilot off"

Audible groans erupted from both Sunsetand Flash upon hearing the news.

"Really, Twi?" Flash asked.

"Yes, I guess it was a miscalculation on my part," Twilight replied.

"How soon can you get it off?" Sunset asked.

"A second or two, why?"

"BECAUSE THAT FUCKING MONSTER IS GOING TO STEP ON ME! TURN IT OFF NOW!" Sunset hollered at the top of her lungs. She was looking up at the monster, whose leg was up and hovering over the robot’s head.

"Uh, sure… Give me one second." Twilight mumbled.

"And you call yourself a MENSA member..." Flash joked.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," Twilight mumbled some more as the sounds of her typing into her computer could be heard. Sunset heard the bell and a feminine robotic voice speak.

"Autopilot disengaged."

"Oh, here we go!" Sunset cheered as she reached and pulled out the plasma gauntlet. Machinka - 01's right hand began to disassemble itself, only to rebuild itself from a hand to a charcoal colored tube. The creature slammed its foot down, but instead of smashing its foot down the head of the robot, it was on the barrel of the plasma.

"Bye bye!" Sunset roared

The plasma beam shot out of the barrel, shooting itself to the sky in a red ball. The creature wailed from the blast, its leg ripped apart from the shin down. It collapsed onto the city floor, crawling to its nest, trying to defend it.

A few select buttons and a lever later, Machinka - 01 began its automated "stand up" mode, moving its arms and legs to get itself off the ground and standing. Sunset placed the plasma gauntlet back and re-equipped the normal fist. She watched the hand disassemble and reassemble back.

"Alright. Here we go!" She said as she marched slowly towards the monster, looming over it as though the angel of doom herself had arrived in metal form and without mercy.

"Come on! Get up! Get up!" Sunset hollered.

The creature hobbled around, crying from the pain, the steady stream of blood with chunks of loose flesh dropping on the grass below. When the robot got close enough to the creature, it gave a kick to the abdomen, which made the creature wail in pain even louder.

"YOU FUCKING LEFT ME FOR MY BEST FRIEND?! RARITY?! REALLY?!" Sunset bellowed.

The robot stopped, Twilight stopped, Flash froze. As the creature was still trying to recover, the three became silent.

"Sunset, were you thinking that the monster was me?" Flash asked.

"No… Maybe…" Sunset answered.

"Sunset…"

"Yes, yes I did," Sunset confessed.

She continued to watch as the creature crawled on the floor, trying to recover. When she turned the robot, the creature was on its one foot,ready to fight.

"Alright, round two!"

Sunset charged with a left hook, which missing the creature's head. It clasped both of its claws together and attacked Machinka - 01, using its clamped fist like a club. It hit the machine in the chest a few times, causing the robot to stagger, throwing Sunset around in the process.

"It’s still fighting! It's still fighting!" Twilight said, watching the drama unfold on a television screen.

"I know that!" Sunset yelled before taking a swing that landed on the creature's neck, knocking it to the ground.

"Ha! Come on, you don't stand a chance!" Sunset said as she kicked the downed creature in the ribs. The creature writhed on the ground, its sides expanding and contracting with short, heavy breaths. Sunset marched over to the nest and peered in.

"Holy god..." She muttered.

"Yeah. Makes you wonder that one day, we will have little monsters to unleash on the world, and this thing was just trying to make the world better for her offspring." Flash commented.

"Yeah, All those abominations you and Rarity will make." Sunset replied

"Yeah..." He answered with a chuckled. "Oh well, fuck it."

"Yeah, time for some fire!" Sunset cheered as she reached for her flamethrower gauntlet.

As the robot's left hand began to turn into a flamethrower, the creature screeched once more. Whatever it had left, it was going to use it to save her nest. Sunset looked on but used the other hand to equip the sword gauntlet. There was no dissolving action, just a blade popping out of the robot's knuckles.

The creature charged with everything it had left, while Sunset moved her hand out, using the blade as an improvised pike. The creature ignored it, choosing to swipe at Machinka - 01, only to find itself and its nest exposed to Sunset. A simple swing of the gauntlet and the robots reciprocation ended the creature’s fight. Flash's eyes, Twilight's monitor, and Sunset's screen said it all; the creature was dead, decapitated.

Author's Note:

I have a skype group for fans, writers, and editors. If you want to join the madness here is the link https://join.skype.com/MkJbzfI1D8o2