• Published 2nd Feb 2015
  • 1,247 Views, 31 Comments

The Iron Lady - Chelis



Sunset Shimmer is the pilot of a Mecha that has been charged with defending Manehatten from a sudden and deadly influx of giant monsters.

  • ...
19
 31
 1,247

The Grind

"Wake up! Wake up!"

Sunset Shimmer woke up to a frantic, but familiar voice shaking her awake. What she was not familiar with was waking up at two in the morning, and the lack of lights in her bedroom in the heart of Manehattan that was usually filled with the harsh lights of the city below her.

"Wha? What's going on, Twilight?"

Outside, the sounds of gunfire, the screams of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of people screaming for their lives, armadas of helicopters of both the civilian and military kind buzzed overhead and from a distance. Police, fire, and emt sirens can be heard as well, blending together to form a perfect melody of chaos. It sounded like a war zone that was tearing the city apart.

"Something is attacking Manehattan; we need to get out of the island."

"This is a joke right?" Sunset asked. This had to be a joke, monster attacks only happened in the movies, not in real life. One photo from Twilight Sparkle's phone was proof enough: It was a screenshot from a television aerial shot. It looked like a deformed, fleshy, human, with boils all over. It was half the size of the equine-state building, which made it tower over the 5-6 story apartment complexes that was the norm in the city, It looked like it only had one eye while, the other eye looked like it had either melted off, or was deformed to the point of not having one in the first place. It was slumping heavily, walking through a section of town Sunset was familiar with: it was only 5 miles away.

"God damn that thing is ugly. You're the scientist Twilight, what the hell is that thing?"

"No time for questions!" Flash Sentry screamed as he barged into her room, throwing bags at the two girls he called for years his roommates. "Twilight, you have our important documents, and I found your handgun In the lab. Sunset, you have the medical supplies. I have the food and water. Lets go before that thing gets here."

Twilight had her dog in her arms as they left the three-bedroom apartment that they called home for a few years. They frantically shuffled down the 3 stories of stairs and stopped just outside the glass entrance. Outside, people were running past the doors, most were looking back.

"This looks bad," Twilight commented.

"So where are we headed?" Sunset asked.

"There's somewhere we need to go on the mainland, something that can use to fight back."

"Really?" Flash asked. "Well, let's not waste any time then. Stay together, and don't get separated."

As they made their way outside, one clear though was racing through Sunset’s head as she recounted the events from less than 24 hours ago: How did a ordinary day turn out so shitty?

* * *

"Good Morning Manehattan! This is DJ-pn3 here for the morning wub out! Today will be a perfect 73 degrees, but I know every single one of you are going to waste it. Does not mean you can't waste your day listening to Manehattan's number one dubstep, trap, electronica station! Coming up next is the top hit "wubin to the beat" followed by a new single by triple-x-dank-360-no-scope-69-triple-ex: "wub!"

Why is this the radio station I wake up to again? Sunset Shimmer asked as the morning light slowly filtered to her magenta themed room. It was small: enough for a twin bed, a small desk for her laptop, and a four slot drawer, which was a luxury considering the notorious size of apartment rooms in the heart of Manehattan. At least it had a good view of the apartments across the street, which peeking through the windows gave the young and beautiful woman the unnerving feeling that someone was watching her through her window at all times: Because some of the men were.

The music started, and the sound pounded her brain like a hammer to the skull. She frantically flipped herself out of bed and scrambled to the alarm clock to relieve herself of the music.

>shitstep.

So thats why I keep leaving it on that station on, it's so bad it makes me get out of bed to turn it off. Makes sense.

Sunset observed her situation, as per her morning ritual: twenty, living in manehattan, single and definitely ready to mingle, living with two roommates, and a nice job in a call center that if successful, she might have her own apartment. After that, she made her way to her drawer. It was a Monday so the lace, silky, and albeit slightly slutty maroon panties and bra, and garter belt with black stockings will have to do. It was a confidence booster for Sunset, knowing she can wear it and have no worry about how it “makes a size two look like a size fourteen”. Besides, you needed confidence and a backbone to thrive as a woman in the big city, where both horny men and bitchy women would sell their mothers in a heartbeat, much less the "impressionable" young woman new to the bright lights. Sunset went shopping the Saturday before, so the light brown cardigan with the dark brown skirt was the first and best choice. All she needed was a towel.

Am I naked?

No

Alright, time for my shower.

She made her way into the hallway, which was cramped and the only thing decorating its white walls were five-dollar mass produced art pieces, photos of her roommates, and other things. The carpet floor felt amazing without any sandals, especially during the winter time, if you were willing to ignore the fact the static would give others in the house a fun jolt.

The door to the bathroom opened and out came One of her roommate.

Flash Sentry and Sunset Shimmer were once an item back in high school, but now they were roommates with an sitcom like way finding out that they would be living together, somehow involving a rubber chicken. They did everything together back in the day, and they had tons of sex anywhere and everywhere, so Sunset unflinched when Flash Sentry walked out of the steaming bathroom wearing nothing but a smile.

Hello not so little guy, and hellllo six-pack!

"Morning Flash. Is the water still hot?"

"All yours."

"I find any hair on the shower drain, I will force you to clean it up with your mouth."

She undressed straight from her pajamas to nothing because who the hell says you have to wear underwear underneath the pajamas? As part of her morning ritual: she observed her naked body, mostly if any marks or bruises she never remembered receiving, or maybe developing moles, or even the stretch marks to show her breasts were sizing up.

I don't wanna pay for implants, just give em to me naturally please.

She slipped into the shower and instantly melted over the hot water pelting all over her body. Armed with a lathered loofa, she began to apply it all over her body: Arms, legs, back, unmentionables. Although she wanted to stay there forever, it was a Monday so she needed to leave as early as possible to beat the short fused morning rush hour.

She stepped out and began to rub the towel all over her body, which she used after that to wrap her hair with it. The underwear was not as hard to put on as she thought, although breaking new underwear in to one's unique curvatures was never fun. The same with the clothes. Sunset walked out of the bathroom to the smell of the cooking eggs in the kitchen, Flash was already on the table in jeans and a shirt, ready for his meal. Cooking was Twilight Sparkle in pajamas. Twilight was more of a mother to the two than a roommate, despite being around the same age. Her job allowed her to work at home, so she spent most of her day cooking, and cleaning the common areas of the apartment for the reward of only paying 1/3 of the rent and utilities. Her dog spike was adorable, never leaving his master's side, not even for a bitch in heat.

"Morning, Mom" Sunset said as she hugged Twilight from behind. Her hair smelled of lavender, and Sunset could not get enough of it.

"You seem chipper for a Monday morning," Twilight responded as she began to slap the scrambled eggs and potatoes on the three plates. Sunset took to her seat and began filling her glass with orange juice.

"That's because she is wearing her racy underwear. You're still the same from High School, Sunny," Flash said with a smirk.

"Guys with girlfriends should not be talking about their ex's underwear habits," Sunset answered.

"Oh?" Twilight said as she placed the plates in front of her two roommates. "Do I know her?"

"Her name is Rarity and she was our classmate back at Canterlot High. Although, I don't remember you actually having an interest in her back then, what changed?"

"Times change," Flash answered, not looking up from his meal.

"What is she like? Better question is: How was Flash like in high school?"

"She is cool. Can be a bit over dramatic at times. And Flashy here? A whole lot cockier I can tell you that," Sunset answered with a smirk.

"Is that even possible?" Twilight asked in laughter. They laughed for a good while, and was interrupted with an annoyed Flash getting up.

"We’re just kidding, buddy," Sunset said with tears of laughter in her eyes. Flash pointed to his watch, still chewing on his food.

"How are you getting that much for being a bike messenger?" Twilight asked.

"Companies are trying to be more 'green', so they they pay the jacked up rates. Pay’s good, the boss is a dick though."

After Flash left, Sunset helped Twilight with putting the dirty dishes in the sink, being extra careful not to get anything oh her clothes, after that the only thing left was grabbing her purse and setting out for the day.

Author's Note:

I'm starting a skype group for fans, pre-readers, proofreaders, editors and people who can help me and everyone else in the chat become better in writing. If you want to join this group (and skype is free to get and register btw) add me (louisros1990 is my skype) and tell me you want to join the group.