• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 3,394 Views, 171 Comments

The Sleeping Princess - Cora Zone Unicorn



Sisters, Cadence and Fluttershy, are told the legend of the "Sleeping Princess" by their father, Soarin', only to find that it is indeed true and it's up to the two of them to break a curse and also find the lost Prince of the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
15
 171
 3,394

A Disturbance in the Forest

Cadence and Fluttershy had been walking for quite some time, a few good hours, as a matter of fact. The sun was just beginning to rise from the horizon. The yellow pony took the lantern and opened it, setting all of her little firefly pals free for the day.

“Thank you very much for lighting the way for us,” Fluttershy said.

Cadence took a few steps forward, placing her hoof on her younger sibling’s shoulder. “Yes, we appreciated it, very much. Would you mind doing the same tonight?”

The flying insects made a few buzzing sounds, indicating that they would return once again to light the way for them at night. They flew off into the distance, their little bulbs of light no longer being visible once the sun had finally made its way fully to the sky.

Fluttershy took this moment in time to take the hood, from her cape, off of her head. The hood collapsed on itself, laying perfectly against the back of her neck, not a single lump to be found. Her long, pink hair appeared flawless. Not a single strand of out of place.

The little pegasus turned to her left, facing Cadence. “How much longer do you think it’ll be until we find the Everfree Forest,” she asked her.

Cadence turned her head away from Fluttershy for a quick moment, looking at the path ahead of them. She placed her hoof up to her chin, tapping it lightly. Her eyes squinted, as she began to contemplate in her mind an estimate of how much longer it would be until they had reached the forest.

“I’d say about a day or two, at least,” she responded, finally. Fluttershy simply nodded her head. “Well, how about we take a little break and have some breakfast,” Cadence suggested. “We simply can’t go on walking on empty stomachs.”

“I agree,” said Fluttershy.

The two pegasi mares took out their saddle bags, placing them on the ground. They unclasped their capes and folded them neatly, setting them beside their bags. Both began rummaging through the food that their good friend, Applejack, had made, deciding on what would be good enough for breakfast. Both, then, came to the conclusion that apple cinnamon muffins would be the best choice.

As the two of them ate, a startling thought came into Fluttershy’s mind. “Cadence, do you suppose father has awakened by now?”

“Hmm….. he should be,” she answered, taking another bite of her muffin. “Why do you ask?”

“Well,” Fluttershy began, her voice low, but still audible, “do you think he’s read the note you left behind, yet?

Cadence took a sip of her apple juice. “I would believe so.”

A worried expression appeared on Fluttershy’s face. “Oh, he’s probably worried sick, right about now.”

Cadence immediately had been overcome with a bit of guilt. She could only imagine the frightened look on their father’s face once he awakened to find that the only mares left in his life had gone off without saying a proper goodbye. The things that her best friend were suggesting only made her feel a bit more guilty.

However, she did promise that they would return in about a week in the note that she had written for him. Hopefully that would decrease the amount of worrying that their father must be feeling at the moment.

“Listen, Flutters,” Cadence began, “I promised father that we would return home in a week,” she explained. The pink pegasus placed her hooves around her little sister’s shoulders in comfort. “And you know I never break a promise.”

Fluttershy turned her head over to the side, making eye contact with Cadence’s light purple eyes. Her teal eyes dilated, indicating that she was about to cry; her mind still on the subject of their beloved father possibly searching frantically for his two precious little girls. She blinked her eyes, quickly, a few times, trying her best to keep tears from falling down her face. The young yellow pegasus finally gave a tiny smile.

“You’re right. I shouldn’t worry so much,” said Fluttershy, coming to terms about the situation. “But… do you actually suppose that this will only be a week long journey?”

Cadence gave her a comforting smile. “I’m positive.”

The two pegasi siblings then embraced each other in a hug. After a few moments, they released one another. The pink pony flapped her wings, flying over to where her own saddle bag and cape were. She strapped her saddle bag onto her back before clasping her crystal blue a cape around her neck.

After doing so, she flew over to where her sister’s saddle bag and cape. Grabbing the bag with her teeth, she placed it, carefully, onto the yellow pony’s back, along with Fluttershy’s light green cape. Clasping it together around her best friend’s neck, Cadence untucked her long pink locks from the inside.

“Now, come on. There’s still a long way to go,” Cadence said.


For the next couple of days, the two mares had spent the time telling each other fun little stories. They were different from the ones that their father had told them when they were fillies… and much more different than the one that he had told them both, most recently. Once the night had took over the beautiful blue sky, the fireflies returned as they promised, lighting up the way for the two pegasi.

They stopped wherever they thought would be the proper place to rest, taking naps whenever their bodies became consumed with exhaustion. Besides, it’s never a good idea to continue on on a journey while you’re tired. Takes all the fun out of it.

Finally, after traveling a looong distance from home, Cadence and Fluttershy made it to the top of a large, steep hill. Just a few miles ahead, in the distance, was what they had been searching for… The Everfree Forest.

“Look, Fluttershy,” Cadence said, excitement in her voice. “There’s the Everfree Forest!”

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow, uncertain. “Um… I’m not so sure that’s it, sis. It doesn’t look anything like what father described when he told us the legend.”

The pink pegasus looked ahead, once again. The forest was entirely black with the trees and branches all spindling together. The only entrance visible being right dead in the center. No source of life or light seeming to come out of the forest, whatsoever. It looked dark and gloomy... during the day time, no less.

“Oh, of course that’s the Everfree. What other forest could it be,” she asked her.

Fluttershy was about to answer back, but kept her mouth shut, for she couldn’t think of anything. Her eyes widened once she saw a pair of pink feathered wings flapping from the the corner of her eye. A gentle breeze from each flap hitting her pink mane.

She squeaked. “Cadence, what are you doing,” she asked, almost panicking, grabbing onto her hoof in the process.

The eldest of the two immediately turned her head, looking down at her best friend. Her multicolored ponytail hitting the base of her neck rather quickly. “I’m going to go get a closer look.”

“I-I-I don’t think that’s such a good idea,” she said.

“Oh, come on, sis. We can’t go back now. We’ve come all this way,” Cadence said, finally getting her hoof out her younger sibling’s grasp. “I don’t know about you, but I’m going to go in there.”

The pink mare then flew out of her reach, heading towards the forest. Fluttershy squeaked once again, quickly deciding that she should follow suit. She opened her delicate, yellow feathered wings, flapping them as best as she could until she was off the ground. Her wings began to flap back and forth, making her head in the same direction her older sister went.

The light breeze hit her, now, pink flowing mane as she flew in the air. It was only a few moments when she saw the pegasus before her head down toward the opening of the forest. Fluttershy dove down as well, landing right beside Cadence.

They both looked ahead, their eyes widening and their mouths dropping. One step and they would enter the forest.

“W-we h-ha-have t-to go in there,” Fluttershy stuttered, obviously frightened.

Cadence looked at her, concern in her eyes. Fluttershy was shaking. She had never seen her more frightened in all her life. Being the loving sister she was, Cadence extended her own hoof outward, waiting for her to take it. The still shaking pony looked at the hoof in front of her before making eye contact.

“Together,” Cadence said, giving her a reassuring grin.

Fluttershy looked her Cadence’s hoof once more. She nodded, grabbing her hoof, and her shakiness immediately subsiding.

“Together,” she responded.

The two then took one step into the Everfree Forest.


Down in the bowels of the Everfree, was a pond. A pond that lay in the forbidden section of the entire kingdom. This pond was the home to the mischievous and chaotically evil Draconequus, Discord.

Yes, it may seem like just a regular pond from above, but below the surface, was a whole ‘nother world. A world where chaos ensues.

At the very bottom was a castle, a castle approximately as large as the one above. It lay on top of a checkerboard like ground and was surrounded by cotton candy clouds where it rained chocolate milk.

Discord was inside his castle, spending some time with a young looking stallion, when suddenly, his whole entire, serpent-like body, wiggled like a worm.

“What’s the matter, father,” the young stallion asked.

The draconequus narrowed his yellow eyes, his unproportionate red pupils becoming smaller. “There’s a disturbance in the forest.”

The stallion’s eyes widened, a shocked expression taking over his face. “What? But that’s impossible. No pony’s ever entered the forest.”

“Well, it seems that time’s have changed,” Discord said, a menacing tone taking over his voice.

He snapped the fingers from his eagle claw, making a full-body mirror appeared from thin air. “Let’s see who has entered the forest, hmm?”

The young stallion nodded his head. It was only a few moments until a pink beam of magic hit the mirror, an image starting to take place.

“Well, done! I knew that spell would come in handy some day,” Discord said, enthusiastically.

The two waited as the mirror began to form some sort of picture. Colors of yellow, pink, purple, green and blue were starting to take over. The draconequus wasn’t understanding what that thing or creature was.

“What is this,” he asked, frustrated. “Some sort of rainbow-pony or something? Hurry and clear up,already!”

The mirror did as it was told and soon enough an image of two mares had appeared in the mirror. The stallion and draconequus’s jaws dropped at the sight of the two ponies walking along inside the forest.

Discord found himself infatuated with the yellow pegasus with her long pink locks and big hypnotizing teal-blue eyes. The young pony beside him was mesmerized by the pink pegasus with purple eyes and multicolored ponytail. They were truly stunned by their beauty.

“Father… it’s… it’s two mares,” said the stallion.

“Oh, really? I haven’t realized,” Discord said, sarcastically. The stallion just rolled his eyes.

“What are you gonna do about them?”

A vicious grin spread across Discord’s face as he began to think of a plan. He turned his head to face the pony beside him. “Son, go and get yourself prepared. Those two mares are going to be spending some time with us for a while.”

The young pony gave a salute with his left hoof. He then trotted away to do as he was told, leaving the draconequus alone, chuckling viciously.

Author's Note:

Whoa!!! Chapter 6 is finished!!! And Discord finally makes an appearance!!! But who is that stallion that keeps calling him "father?" Who knows??? Also, SUTTLE STAR WARS REFERENCE!!!!!!

Side note: My MLP audio series for my fanfiction "Romance in Appleloosa" is coming soon to YouTube!!!! So, stay tuned!!!!

Please like, favorite, and LEAVE A REVIEW!!!!!