• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 3,394 Views, 171 Comments

The Sleeping Princess - Cora Zone Unicorn



Sisters, Cadence and Fluttershy, are told the legend of the "Sleeping Princess" by their father, Soarin', only to find that it is indeed true and it's up to the two of them to break a curse and also find the lost Prince of the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
15
 171
 3,394

Vision of Hope

Back in the kingdom of the Everfree Forest, the king and queen were fast asleep. It had been over a thousand years since they had lost their son to that dreaded Discord. It may seem impossible for rulers of a kingdom to still be alive after a thousand years, but thanks to their daughter, she was able to cast a spell upon the Everfree Forest to be locked in time. No pony in the kingdom was frozen physically in time, for they were still able to do their daily routines. No, they just never aged.

Queen Celestia laid beside her husband, however, she wasn’t sleeping as peacefully as he was. She was squirming on her side of the bed, muttering and moaning things in her sleep. Her face was scrunching up, almost in fear or nervousness. Tears were starting to form and go down her face due to what was going on inside her head.


It was in the middle of the night. The queen was standing where she had last saw her beloved son Shining Armor. She was just a few leagues away. Queen Celestia wondered what she was doing here and why. This was just reminding her of the terrible fate that had happened to her eldest child.

She noticed, from the corner of her eye, a little fairy-like creature flying toward the wretched pond. Her ears perked, hearing hoofsteps coming her way. She turned her head to see a beautiful young pegasus mare with pink hair following it. She couldn’t have been more than sixteen years old.

“Wait for me, little fella,” she heard her say. Her voice was soft and delicate. Kind and gentle. Celestia’s ears perked once again as she heard the sound of some more hoofsteps coming her way.

“Fluttershy, wait, don’t follow it any farther,” another young mare shouted from afar. The queen looked closely to see that this mare was a pegasus as well. She seemed a to little older than the one before her, probably about eighteen or nineteen.

“Oh, come now, sis. It’s not like it can hurt me. Look at i-” the young one that she assumed was named ‘Fluttershy,’ turned her head, stopping mid-sentence to find that the little fairy-like creature she was following wasn’t there. The little yellow pony looked around in confusion. “Cadence… did you see where it went?”

Suddenly, things began to go haywire. Things began to switch from one thing to another. The queen watched in horror as a giant eagle claw formed by the pond water grabbed the young mare. She screeched a frightful scream as the water lifted her up about ten feet off of the ground. The pony tried her best to get out of its grip, but it was too strong.

The other pegasus pony immediately flew up to the height to who Celestia guessed was her sister, trying to get ahold of her. “Let go of her!” Queen Celestia watched in horror as the claw brought the two pegasi mares down toward the pond in an impact speed too fast and powerful to depict. She heard them scream as they hit the water.

Suddenly, everything was jumping from one thing to another. Different scenes involving the two pegasi ponies that she saw, each only lasting about three seconds each. A scene of Discord appeared first, showing him laughing maniacally while holding a the two mares by a force of magic. The second being the two mares being locked in some sort of dirty dungeon. Third being the yellow pegasus reaching out to the evil Draconequus.

The fourth being the eldest sister being comforted by something that the queen couldn’t make out. It seemed to be an arm. A white arm rubbing the back of the pony who seemed to look like she was crying.

The final scene however was different. It didn’t involve either of the mares that she saw before. Instead it was a silhouette. The silhouette seemed to belong to a stallion. He was facing a brick wall. It was too dark to see what he properly looked like. That is until a sudden beam of light began to show through some sort of opening in the wall.

The light began to cascade across the back of the stallion’s backside. Just from behind, Celestia began to wonder why this pony looked so familiar. He turned his head, facing his left, unveiling himself to be a unicorn. His mane, being caught in the light, was revealed to be sapphire blue with streaks of cerulean and phthalo blue. A serious expression was masked on his face as his eyes popped open to a tremendous shade of a moderate cerulean.


Queen Celestia sat up in her side of the bed a frightened manner. She was buried in sweat and her cheeks were tear-stained. Her sudden outburst had caused her beloved king to awaken a few moments after.

“My dear, what is the matter,” he asked her, a concerning tone taking over his voice. He lay his hooves on her shoulders, having her face him. She was still panting a little bit due to what she had just experienced.

“Sombra, I just had the most terrible dream,” she said frantically. The king gave squeezed her shoulders, telling her to calm down. He gestured for her to take a deep breath and explain what had happened.

Celestia went on to tell him about the two young mares that had appeared in the multiple scenes of whatever it was that had happened in her mind. As she spoke about the multiple scenes involving the monster that took their son away and the two pegasi ponies, she stopped for a moment. “An-and then the last thing I saw…” she trailed off, not wanting to continue for she wasn’t quite certain if who the stallion she saw was whom she thought it was.

King Sombra waited for his wife to continue. When she didn’t go on after a few moments of silence, he asked, “Saw what, Celestia?” She gave him a look that seemed to read as either hopeful or uncertainty. “What was it that you saw?”

She hesitated before responding, “I saw a stallion. A-a young stallion in fact. He looked to be about 18.”

Her husband raised an eyebrow at her. Where is she going with this? he thought.

“I couldn’t tell who it was at first since it was so dark…” she paused for a moment, wondering if what she would say next would make her sound paranoid or crazy. “But… I-I think I saw Shining Armor.”

Sombra’s eyes widened, clearing taken aback by what he had just been told. “Shining Armor? Darling, it’s been over a thousand years. If the stallion you saw really is our son, he couldn’t possibly be eighteen; let alone alive.”

She had to admit, he did have a point. However, could it be possible that once their son had turned 18, Discord had placed a spell on him so he wouldn’t age? Similar to how their daughter had casted a spell on the entire kingdom of the Everfree to be locked in time for over a thousand years?

Thinking about, this gave the queen a new hope. This so-called “dream” she had, wasn’t just a dream. It was something more. A sign! She looked her king in the eyes before facing out the window, staring at the moon in the sky. “Well, maybe, just maybe, there’s a way to find out.” She turned her attention back to her king. “We must get in contact with my sister and Twilight’s mentor.”

King Sombra gave her a unsure look. “Are you certain, my queen?”

“Yes. I must know for sure if what I saw was truly just a dream… or something more.”

He thought for a moment, looking over to the side. Could it really be possible that the stallion she saw was, indeed, our son, he asked himself. After a thousand years, he could possibly be still alive? A tiny smile spread across his face as he looked Celestia in the eye. “Very well.”


The king and queen were in the main conference room where they had plenty of royal guests come in to talk of very important business and events coming up among kingdoms. They waited patiently for Celestia’s little sister, Princess Luna, and their daughter, Twilight’s, mentor Starswirl.

It was still the middle of the night, soon to be dawn in just a few hours. However, the queen’s sibling and good friend of hers were two ponies that would take advantage of the night. Luna, who is the Princess of the Night, always took the chance to go into the dreams of the citizens of the Everfree Forest to help guide and guard them.

It was most helpful to the fair rulers of the kingdom because Luna was their only way of knowing how their dear Twilight was doing. Ever since she had casted that sleeping curse on herself, she was the closest thing they could get with talking to her.

A sudden giant orb of light began to appear from across the conference room. King Sombra and Queen Celestia squinted, shielding their eyes from the bright light. The orb began to grow bigger and bigger before bursting, only to reveal a unicorn wearing a blue floppy pointed hat and cape that had bells embedded on the hem, and stars and Crescent moons designed all over them.

Not long after he had a arrived, an alicorn, like the queen, herself, had arrived as well. She used her unicorn magic to make the ceiling transparent so she would be able to fly through easily. Her dark blue coat and flowing night sky mane and tail made it almost impossible to see her, for she had landed right in front of the big window where you can see nothing but the dark sky.

The two ponies looked at one another, smiling. They bowed their heads lightly at each other, for that is how they greeted each other. The unicorn and the alicorn walked over to where the king and queen were waiting for them. The four of them at each corner of the table.

“Luna, Starswirl! So glad you could make it at this hour,” Sombra greeted them.

“Well, from what you have stated in your message, clearly you have something concerning you,” replied the unicorn wizard.

“Yes, what is it that you had insisted on us to come at once,” Princess Luna asked.

Celestia looked over to her right to see her king, gesturing for her to go on ahead and tell them about what had happened earlier in the night. “I had a dream I was standing right where Sombra and I saw Shining Armor being taken by Discord,” she began. “Then I saw these two mares. They were pretty young, the eldest looked to be about eighteen, the other sixteen. The youngest was heading towards the pond following some sort of fairy when the two were taken into the pond by force.”

The Princess of the Night and the unicorn wizard, raised their eyebrows, not sure where the queen was going with this. They continued to listen as she went on to explain how the dream she had, had become all jumbled with different scenes. From the capture of the two mares, to the unicorn stallion in the dark.

The mention of the unicorn stallion in Celestia’s dream had caught their curiosity. They two had asked her to go into detail about the last thing that she had seen before she had woken up.

“Sister, you know as well as I that this was not a dream, but a vision,” said the princess.

The king gave his sister-in-law a puzzling look. “A vision? You mean to say that what she had seen is what’s to come?”

“I believe so,” Luna responded, simply.

“But if what she saw is what’s to come, then that would mean…” he didn’t bother to finish, for it seemed too good to be true.

“Those two mares are the key to defeating Discord and getting your son, and my nephew, back.”

Though the two rulers were as excited to hear the news, one thing still came across Sombra’s mind. “But after all these years… how can Shining be eighteen?”

Starswirl cleared his throat. “Well,” he began, the end of his long, white beard laying on the table, “Discord is a powerful being; exceptionally powerful as all four of us put together,” he explained, his deep calming voice filling the room. “It is quite possible for him to have cast a spell on the prince to never age once he had turned that age. After all, he is an immortal creature. He wouldn't want to be alone forever.”

The king looked over at his wife, seeing that she was starting to have tears of joy running down her cheeks. He took her hoof in his, squeezing it gently. Giving her a gentle smile, he whispered, “He’s alive.” More tears of joy began to run down her face, as he brought her closer and kissed the side of her forehead.

“We must inform Twilight about this,” said the king.

Starswirl and Luna nodded their heads in agreement before getting up to leave the king and queen alone to give them some privacy.


Princess Luna and Starswirl the Bearded walked along the halls of the castle. The two had been walking for a good ten minutes. The sound of their hooves could be heard throughout the castle, for there was no other movement whatsoever. They have been walking in silence until Starswirl had spoke.

“After all these years, and we just now get confirmation that your nephew is alive,” he stated, sounding not really happy, but kind of bitter.

“Why so bitter about it, Starswirl? You should be ecstatic about finding out that Shining Armor is alive… and well, as far as we know.”

The wizard gave her a glare. “Yes, well. Why couldn’t we have found this out over a thousand years ago? Back when we all had hope that he was alive? He should’ve been dead,” he said quite harshly.

Luna was surprised at his attitude. She never expected him to act like this before. “Starswirl, I’m surprised to hear you say such a thing.” He immediately gave her a look of regret. “May I remind you that he’s not only my nephew but he’s also your god-son.”

The unicorn began to stroke his beard, which is something he did whenever he felt bad about something; whether it was something did or didn’t do. “Yes, I know, I know. I suppose I’m just upset since I didn’t get to mentor him like I did with the princess.”

Luna laid her hoof on his shoulder in reassurance. “Do not worry, my friend. We all got the missed opportunity to see the prince learn and grow into a wonderful stallion. Believe me, you’re not the only one who’s been upset for the longest.”

The bearded wizard gave her a sly smile. “I supposed you are right.”

“Aren’t I always?” Luna responded, chuckling. He just rolled his eyes.

The two had finally arrived to Princess Twilight’s bedroom door, where, inside, she had been asleep for over a thousand years since Discord had taken her crown. The two entered to see that she was in her bed, in the exact same position that she had always been. The covers still perfectly over her body, none of the sheets were out of place. Her hooves lay on top of the blanket still as if she were pulling it up to her chin, whilst her head was placed right in the center of her pillow.

Luna and Starswirl looked upon her for a few moments as she slept. Her chest rising and deflating slowly. They both gave her a small smile before Luna placed her hoof on her niece’s forehead. She closed her eyes tight concentrating, opening them a few moments later to reveal her eyes to be glowing white.


Princess Twilight was in a sort of a safe haven. For the past thousand years, or so, this is where she was as she slept. It was a sort of a magical place where anything can happen and she could do whatever she wanted.

Every once in a while, she would get a visit from her Aunt Luna which was great considering it did get lonely at times. Whenever she came, they would talk about what was going on in the outside world and what she had been doing here in her safe haven. This safe haven is where she would practice some spells that he had been teaching herself so that whenever she were to awaken, she would go on and show her mentor, Starswirl, whom was also her godfather.

The princess was teaching herself a new spell when a burst of light shown from behind her. She turned around to see none other than her aunt Luna flying her way down toward her. She smiled a great big smile as she ran over to her, embracing her in a great big hug.

“Hello, Aunt Luna,” she greeted her.

“Hello, my dear,” Luna greeted in return, lightly rubbing her back with her hoof. She let her go, giving her a smile. “What have you been up to for the past few weeks?”

Twilight went on to tell her about the multiple spells that she had been teaching herself for the past few weeks. Spells from turning a mare to a stallion, to duplicating herself. Luna was honestly quite intrigued by what her niece was telling her. How she couldn’t wait to tell Starswirl.

“What about you, Aunt Luna? What brings you to visit me this time?”

The Princess of the Night gave her a smile before speaking. “I have some important news. It involves your long-lost brother, Shining Armor.”

Twilight’s face gathered an expression that was somewhere between excited and confused. “Shining Armor? What about Shining Armor? Is he alive,” she asked rather quickly.

Luna chuckled at her niece’s behavior. “My, my, my. A curious, yet, intelligent child, you are,” she complemented. The purple alicorn blushed. “Yes, your mother has had a vision of her son. He is, in fact, alive.”

A giant smile spread across her face. She was so happy that she began to prance around her aunt, shouting “Yes! Yes! Yes!” about a million times. The mare took her by the shoulders and calmed her down, for she had to tell her the rest of the news.

“Aside from your brother, however, Celestia has also seen two mares. Both pegasi, who seemed to be sisters, like your mother and myself.”

The purple pony tilted her head, curious. “Two pegasi mares? What do they have to do with Shining?”

“It seems as though that they are the key to defeating Discord and your brother finally returning to the rest of the kingdom,” Luna explained.

She simply nodded her head. “Did mother happened to hear them mention their names?”

“Their names were ‘Cadence’ and ‘Fluttershy.’”

A serious expression came upon her face. The princess stood up straight, as she spread her wings open to ask her aunt to do a simple request for her. “Aunt Luna,” she began, “I would like for you to find those girls. Help guard and guide them. It seems to me that the two of them will be on a journey due to what you have told me. I’m sure that they could use as much help as they can.”

Princess Luna looked at her niece, uncertain. “Are you sure?”

“If those girls are the key to getting my brother back from Discord and also getting my crown back,” she turned around taking a few steps away from Luna, “then I suggest that it would be best for you to do so. For the kingdom of the Everfree Forest.”

Luna walked over to Princess Twilight, lifting her chin up with her hoof. She looked her in the eye and gave her an impressed smile. “Very well, then.” She gave her a little side-hug and began to fly off toward the atmosphere. She turned around to say one last thing: “You’re going to be a great ruler, one day.”

The blue alicorn then disappeared, returning to reality.

Author's Note:

Yay! Finally I got another chapter done! Sorry, I took so long. I know I said for like the past 2 or 3 days that I was going to post a new chapter but I got distracted by A LOT of stuff.

The whole, "being locked in time, never aging" thing, if you watch the ABC show "Once Upon a Time," you'll understand where I got the idea from...

Anyway, a lot more of Celestia and Sombra in this one. Not a lot of Cadence and Fluttershy though... but they will be in the next chapter. Also, yay! Luna made it in the story, and so did Starswirl the Bearded. Got to see Princess Twilight, FINALLY!!!!

And I would like to say that THE TRAILER FOR THE SEASON 5 PREMIERE CAME OUT TODAY!!! AAHHHH!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! I swear I saw a unicorn that looked JUST LIKE ARIA BLAZE from "Rainbow Rocks" in there too.

Anyway, do you have a favorite part? Don't forget to like, favorite and LEAVE A REVIEW!!!!!