• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 3,395 Views, 171 Comments

The Sleeping Princess - Cora Zone Unicorn



Sisters, Cadence and Fluttershy, are told the legend of the "Sleeping Princess" by their father, Soarin', only to find that it is indeed true and it's up to the two of them to break a curse and also find the lost Prince of the Everfree Forest.

  • ...
15
 171
 3,395

Two Pegasi Sisters

Once upon a time, in the small village of Canterlot, there were two pegasi sisters. Their names were Fluttershy and Cadence. They were the best of friends.

Cadence was the oldest, eighteen years old. She was a beautiful pegasus with a pink fur coat and wings. She had big and beautiful purple eyes that shined whenever she laid a smile. On her flank, laid a crystal-like heart for a cutie mark. The heart represented her ability to spread love to everypony around her no matter who they were.

The mare, however, had a uniquely colored mane. Her mane were the colors of purple, pink, and yellow; her tail as well. Her hair was done up in a little messy ponytail. This was the way she wore it most of the time, especially when foalsitting any of the fillies or colts in the village.

Cadence loved children. She loved children as much as she loved her own sister. She was always so great with them. All of the little fillies and colts seemed to love her in return; always wanting to help her and have her and her sibling play with them.

Speaking of her sibling, this brings us to her sister. Fluttershy is the youngest, she was 16. She was a very beautiful pegasus as well. She had a pale yellow fur coat and wings. She had hypnotizing teal eyes that made you feel as if you were lost in the ocean whenever you were to gaze into them. Her mane and tail were about the same color as her sister's fur coat, if not, a little lighter.

Her hair was done in such a way that it fit almost to the shape of her face. Her tail was a little long that it happened to drag a bit on the ground whenever she walked around. She didn't seem to mind, though.

Her final feature was her cutie mark. On her flank was a cutie mark where three little pink butterflies lay. The butterflies symbolized Fluttershy's love for taking care and communicating with animals. She loved animals just like Cadence loved children. Her cutie mark also symbolized the kindness that she would spread whenever she help a poor, defenseless animal. Or even a local villager.

Everypony in the village wondered how to these two ponies seemed to play off each other so well. One sister showing love while the other showed kindness. Two similar concepts born from the same blood. Not only that, but every single villager was taken aback from their beauty.

They were the two most beautiful mares in the whole entire village. Every single young stallion has been asking either one of them for the time of day. However, they politely rejected each and every gentlecolt caller, simply explaining that they were not ready for such a thing, as of yet.

Though they were all slightly disappointed, they could not help but be impressed with their very mature responses. They would give them both a gentle bow, before trotting away, back to their homes.

The two sisters would watch them leave, waving goodbye. Looking at each other from the corner of their eyes, giggling.

The two siblings were interrupted by the sound of whistling, coming from a few yards away. They turned their heads, looking over their shoulders. The pegasus sisters looked around until they spotted a elder stallion of their particular species.

This Pegasus was a male with a pale cyan-colored fur coat and wings. His mane and tail was a dark, almost navy, blue. He had eyes, the color of green. A green color just like an emerald. His cutie mark was a yellow lightening bolt with wings.

"Girls, it's time for dinner," the elder stallion shouted, waving his left hoof, signaling for them to come in the house.

Cadence and Fluttershy looked at each other, saddened that it was time to leave their good friends for the day.

"Yes, father," they both said in unison.

The two both began to flap their wings. A breeze hitting the bottom of their wings with each flap. Both of their wings began to lift the sisters off of the ground, each flap going against the force of the air.

Cadence and Fluttershy began to fly toward the little cottage they call home. A few of the fillies and little animals waving goodbye, for they won't see them again until the next day.

As they were about to land in front of the house, a voice from next door caught Cadence's ear.

"Oh, Cadence, dear," said the voice. "Would you mind foalsitting Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake tomorrow?"

The pink Pegasus looked over to see a blue earth pony mare with a dark and light pink swirly mane and tail. She gave her a great white smile. "Of course, Mrs. Cake. I would love to foalsit the twins."

Mrs. Cake let out a sigh of relief, "Oh, thank you so much, dearest. Oh, and Fluttershy! How have you been, sweetie?"

The young pony blushed a little, "Oh, I'm fine, Mrs. Cake," she told her. "Tell Mr. Cake I said 'Hello.'"

"I will, dear. Goodbye," the mare said, before returning inside.

The two pegasi waved goodbye before trotting inside their little cottage. Their father, Soarin', gave both his daughters each a kiss on the forehead as they came through the door.

The stallion closed the door behind him, a creaking sound being made as he did. He then flew over to the kitchen table where his children were sitting. On the table was a bowl for all three of them. Each bowl held about a ladle's worth of carrot and spinach soup. Beside each bowl was a glass of apple juice.

"How was your day today, girls?" he asked, blowing of his soup before taking a spoonful.

"Today was just great, father," Cadence responded.

"Oh, yes. Today was just great. We played with some of the little fillies and colts," Fluttershy said.

"We even fed some of the animals in the village square," Cadence added.

Soarin' smiled. It made him so happy to see his two precious daughters enjoying themselves. It made him even happier that they both have been spreading love and kindness all throughout the village. Oh, how their mother would've been proud.

"Oh, father! Would you tell us a story?"

The stallion looked up from his meal to his eldest, the spoon only making it halfway toward his mouth. He set the spoon back down gently in the bowl. "A story?"

"Oh, yes! That's a wonderful idea, sis! Would you tell us a story, father?" Fluttershy asked, giving him the puppy-dog eyes.

Now, how can I say "no" to that? he thought to himself. "Oh, very well. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow."

Author's Note:

Yay!!! My very first story with Fluttershy (BEST PONY) and Cadence (BEST PRINCESS) as the main characters!!! I literally got this idea after re-watching one of my old favorite cartoons... Hello Kitty! Yeah, that's right! Don't judge. It'd because of that particular special you're even GETTING this story.

Also, since we all knew that Cadence was a Pegasus BEFORE she became a princess, I thought it would make sense to make her and Fluttershy sisters since I don't really think Rainbow Dash would fit being related to Flutters in any way possible...

Anyway, make sure to like, favorite and LEAVE A REVIEW!!!