• Published 18th Jan 2015
  • 2,283 Views, 66 Comments

Wander over Yonder (in) The Return to Equestria - AngelShy24



The wandering duo return to Equestria just in time for a carnival celebration!

  • ...
8
 66
 2,283

Let's Celebrate!!!

Finally, after much conflict, Little Bits was defeated and changed back to her normal size. Only minimal damage was done to the palace; but the grounds surrounding it was pretty roughed up. Shining Armor was busy with the Royal Guard as they were shooing away the crowd that was nearby outside the palace gates watching the whole thing played out. Thankfully, most of them thought that it was all just a big, elaborate show.

“Alright, alright! Show’s over! Nothing else to see here! Please go on and continue to enjoy the festivities! The Royal Birthday Candle blowing will be held in a couple of hours!”

All four princesses were observing the area around them and were planning how to forward the situation.

“That battle sure made a mess of things,” said Celestia, “But nothing that a good ‘ol clean up couldn’t fix.”

“I can’t believe that someone like that little cat could be so much trouble,” said Cadence, “Well… aside from the whole potion thing and growing huge. Was she really here just to capture your alien friends?”

“Well she is a bounty hunter,” Twilight answered, “Their enemy, Lord Hater is the one who put a huge bounty on them; but what relationship he has with her is beyond me.”

Suddenly, the earth shook a bit as Sylvia turned to the princesses and stated, “Hey, um… Princesses? Yeah, up here. Is there any chance that there’s a way to turn us back to normal size? Being huge is pretty cool and all, but I’d rather not stay like this for too long.”

“Whoa, Sylvia!” shouted Wander suddenly, “Ah just realized, Ah can see all of Canterlot from here! Hey, Canterlot! Can you see me?! Ah can see you?!”

Sylvia just sighed as she face-palmed herself.

“Um… yeah,” said Celestia with a light chuckle, “Since the potion inside both of you aren’t in a corrupted state, all four of us should be able to easily do that.”

Sylvia then grabbed Wander who was still waving at Canterlot and said, “Then lay it on us!”

Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Twilight got together and used their magic together to cast a spell that changed the alien duo back to normal size.

“Oh well,” Wander chuckled, “That moment was good while it lasted.”

Sylvia then walked up Luna while scratching the back of her neck as she said, “Um… look, Princess Luna; I-I just want to apologize about this whole thing! Aside from Wander, I’m the main reason Little Bits was even here. She… kinda has it out for me… hard. So please, accept my forgiveness for her almost ruining your party.”

This was the first time that Twilight and her friends saw Sylvia be this apologetic towards someone, and they were quite surprised.

“Never hurts to apologize,” said Wander as he hugged Sylvia’s tail.

Luna just softly laughed out as she looked down at Sylvia and said, “Please, there is no need to apologize. None of this is thou fault. That little cat being here and going after you is all her own doing. But to be honest… we kinda enjoyed this whole ordeal. It’s definitely the wildest moment this party has gotten. So, seeing that we’ve won and weren’t destroyed, we had fun… for the most part.”

“See, Syl,” said Wader as he nudged Sylvia with his elbow, “there’s nothin’ fer you to be worried about. Plus, she had fun; and isn’t that what really matters fer the birthday girl?!”

Sylvia chuckled as she agreed, “Y-yeah. Thanks for your understanding, your highness. And you’re right; it was pretty fun having a little action anyway.”

“However,” said Luna in a more serious tone, “there is still the matter of who assisted that cat in her mission to capture you.”

After more minutes had passed, Little Bits began waking up and gaining consciousness. By the time she noticed her surroundings, she gasped as she saw Sylvia, Twilight and her friends and the other princesses standing all around her giving her various degrees of glares; except for Wander who just came up beside Sylvia and said…

“Hi!”

She then realized that she was trapped in a magical bubble and tried to scratch her way out; but it proved to be no use.

“W-w-what’s going on?! What h-happened? Ugh… my head hurts so much.” She then looked around and noticed that something was missing, “Wait… my bag! Where’s my bag?!”

“Oh, you mean that smoldering pile of ash over there?” said Sylvia as she pointed behind her to the very smoldering pile she mentioned, “Yeah, I kinda stepped on it when I was florping huge; so… I guess you won’t be using that anymore.”

Little Bits’ jaw dropped seeing the bag Sylvia had destroyed. She got furious and was about to throw a fit. But instead, she stopped, took a deep breath, and then dropped down on her butt as she brooded to herself, “All I wanted to do was twack down a couple of stupid, no-good awiens and capture them for pwofit as an act of wevenge without any distwacting annoyances. Was that too much to ask?! That’s the wast time I accept the help of a bumbwing idiot.”

Celestia then used her magic to lift Little Bits to her eye level. All Little Bits did was cross her arms and scoff, “Do whatever you want to me; but I ain’t tawking about nothing!”

“Oh, we definitely expect you talk,” said Celestia in a stern voice, “You’ve made a real mess around here for a little alien cat. This celebration is a huge deal for my sister here, and you nearly almost ruined it.”

“For your infowmation, I was awready in the pwocess of hunting down those two without knowing. It’s not my fault that they decided to wead me to your pitiful pwanet.”

“Oh, you think our planet is pitiful, do you?” said Rainbow Dash feeling insulted.

“Don’t let ‘er get to you, Rainbow Dash,” said Applejack.

“That potion you took was on deep, magical lockdown because it was forbidden to use,” said Celestia to Little Bits, “No creature such as yourself would be able to get to it. So obviously, someone else must had to have helped you. Who was it?”

Little Bits just snickered as she took a file from her collar and was filing her claws, “Heh, wouldn’t you wike to know.”

“Uh, yes we do!” shouted Pinkie, “That’s why we’re asking!”

Suddenly, Little Bits drew a blank as she began to realized that she didn’t know the answer to the question either, “Wait… you know… now that I think about it, even I don’t know who it was. Heh, guess I’m just as cwuewess about it like you aw are.”

“Yeah right!” said Sylvia, “Don’t believe a single word that she says! She’s probably just trying to talk herself out of this; but that ain’t happenin!”

Putting her file away, Little Bits stated, “Oh stuff it, Zbownak.” And then she explained what she knew, “You can intewogate me aw you want, but I weally don’t know who helped me get that potion. After you were aw chasing me inside the pawace, I twicked one of those guards into wetting me thwough the door that he was standing behind him to hide out. I hardwy knew that it was a potions room. There was a door at the bottom of the stairway that I couldn’t open; but somehow, something made it twanspawent so I could walk thwough. Once inside, I did do a wittle searching awound not cawing at all of the potions awound me. But when I got to the potions that were behind a stwong, magical bawier, that’s when I suddenwy heard a voice tawking to me about hewping me out in my wevenge. I wooked awound, but I saw no one. But whoever it was wifted the potion that I had and bwought it thwough the bawier and in my paws. I twied to wefuse it, but it was hard to pass up an opportunity to get a wittle payback.”

“And look where that took her,” Cadence whispered to Twilight, “Not exactly her smartest decision.”

“Well… that’s basicawy it. Besides aw of that, I have no clue as to knowing who aided me at that moment.”

“Wow. What a nice story,” said Wander, “Ah really love it when someone tells a great story. It really passes the time.”

Twilight took a cue from Sylvia and still thought that Little Bits was hiding something. She wasn’t going to let anything get by them. “So, that’s it? A voice just spoke out to you; and you saw no one at all? You don’t have the teensiest bit of information of who it could be?”

“Wook, sistah,” said Little Bits in an annoyed tone, “I told you evewything I know; and nothing less. So, go ahead and do whatever you want to me. Put me in the dungeon, wock me in the gawows, force me to be a servant, put me in time-out… I don’t care! But you won’t get anything else out of me.”

“Hey, uh… everypony?” said Applejack suddenly, “Ah hate to say this, but… even though we don’t like her too much, Ah think Little Bits here is telling the honest truth.”

That pretty much confirmed it for everyone else. If Applejack said that someone wasn’t lying, then it was obviously true.

“Oh gee, thank you for pointing that out,” said Little Bits sarcastically, “What are you; some kind of master of honesty or something.”

With a little smirk, Applejack responded, “Ya could say that.”

“So how are we going to figure this out when the one that was helped doesn’t even know who helped her?” said Twilight, “We can’t just let this go!”

Cadence thought about it and came up with an idea, “Perhaps there’s another way to look at this. Do you have any idea of what this voice that spoke to you sounded like? Anything at all?”

Little Bits didn’t really care anymore, so she did her best to guess, “I don’t know. I guess it sounded… witty… mischievous… with a small hint of dewanged maybe? Is that what you wanted to hear?”

“Wait…” said Celestia, “did this voice sound like female or a male.”

“Oh, definitewy a male. To be honest, it reawy cweeped me out.”

“There’s only one male that we know that fits that description,” said Luna, “But… wouldn’t that make him… a traitor.”

“Who would be a traitor?” Sylvia questioned.

Just then, Little Bits heard the same voice that she heard earlier speak to her again, “Well well… making such assumptions hurts really badly.”

“Who said that?” said Little Bits while looking around, “Who’s there? You’re that voice, aren’t you?! Do you have any idea how much your stupid pwan compwetewy scwewed me up?!”

Everyone was suddenly silent while looking at Little Bits feeling very concerned. None of them could hear what she was hearing and thought that she was losing it.

Fluttershy quietly flew to her and softly questioned, “Um… who are you talkin’ to? ‘GASP!’ Is it the voice?!”

“The voice?!” said everyone else as they all got on guard.

“Ya mean the voice is here somewhere?” said Wander, “Awesome! This is the perfect time to make a new friend!”

But while everyone was looking around, Little Bits felt a little sensation under her collar that was ringing the little bell on it.

“What the…”

Then suddenly, a long giant figure popped out from Little Bits’ collar and through the magic bubble with its arms raised and shouted, “Hello, everypony!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” Little Bits shouted in terror.

But while everyone else were surprised, they all realized who it was.

“Discord?!” shouted Twilight.

“Discord?!” shouted Twilight’s friends.

“Discord?!” shouted Celestia, Luna and Cadence.

“Discord!” shouted Wander in excitement.

Sylvia lowered her eyes and groaned as she said, “Of course. Just when I think I’ve seen the last of that guy, he always seems to show back up.”

Discord then came all the way out to show his full figure to everyone. “Enjoying the festivities, friends?! Hope I’m not too late for the party!”

Once Little Bits looked closer at Discord, she suddenly realized who he was and was infuriated more than she was already, “Wait a minute… you?! You were that stupid voice that gave me that stupid potion?!” She then rapidly swiped her sharp claws at him against her containment bubble, “I OUGHTA ClAW YOUR EYES OUT!!!”

“My my… still have that temper I see,” said Discord as he stretched his neck to bend his head down to Little Bits’ face, “You should really get that straightened out.”

Discord then disappeared and re-appeared beside Princess Luna and said, “There’s the birthday pony!” He then snapped his fingers to make a party hat appear on Luna’s head, a party favor in Luna’s mouth and a bib around Luna’s neck that said ‘Birthday Girl!’ Discord held up a camera in front of them and snapped the picture. “Smile for the camera! Oh my, that sure is a keeper.”

Luna lightly groaned and shook the items of her as she said, “Art thou finished now, Discord?”

Discord suddenly looked around and saw everyone giving him stern looks… except Wander, “Why the suspicious faces? You’re all acting like I’m up to something; well… was up to something.”

“Discord,” said Celestia, “do you deny aiding this cat by giving her that dangerous potion?”

“Well… theirs is no reason for me to lie to all of you; so yes, yes I did. Although I was also the one who sorta hid her original presence from all of you; and let me tell you… the outcome was much more amusing than I expected.”

“So, let me get this straight,” said Sylvia, “You literally helped an alien assassin to disguise herself so she could hunt us down and capture us?! Aren’t you supposed to be a good guy now?!”

“Hmph. Despite him being infuwiating,” said Little Bits as she crossed her arms, “that pwan could’ve actuawy worked; but thanks to those cwusader bwats, it worked a bit too well.”

“Hey,” Applejack shouted, “that’s mah sister that you’re calling a brat!”

“Mine too!” Rarity shouted.

“Care to explain yourself, Discord?” Twilight strongly questioned.

Discord laughed aloud while not feeling guilty of his actions and admitted, “Well not to worry, my friends! The truth is that I was just having a little bit of fun. You know… spreading a little bit of chaos; its sorta my thing. Knowing that this little fur ball was coming here and the reason of that being, I had to do it! It was just too good to pass up.”

“Typical Discord,” Fluttershy sighed with a light smile, “You’ll never know what he’s going to do next.”

Hearing what Discord said shocked Little Bits knowing that she was just a tool for his amusement. She hissed in anger and shouted, “What?!” You did aw of this to have a waugh at my expense?! Are you kidding me?!”

Discord then came back to her seeing that she was just in her collar, “By the way, I just realized that you were all nudey.” He then snapped his fingers to make a frilly white dress with multi-color dots appear on Little Bits’ body. He patted her head and said, “There, that’s better.”

“Terrific,” Little Bits lightly growled.

Getting Discord’s attention again, Celestia stated, “You do realize what would’ve happened if we couldn’t stop the potion’s effects, right? Thousands of lives could’ve been in jeopardy! All of Canterlot could’ve been destroyed!”

“Don’t you feel any guilt of what you almost did?!” Luna exclaimed, “Answer us!”

“Now now, everypony,” said Discord as he held up a giant pill in his hand, “you all must take a chill pill!”

“Heh heh, chill pill,” Wander chuckled, “good one.”

“If I was the same way as I was before I was… ‘ahem’ reformed, then perhaps I wouldn’t feel guilty at all and would welcome the fore coming destruction!”

“That’s nice to know,” said Twilight rolling her eyes.

“But since I’m not, I wouldn’t have done any of this if I didn’t have a plan to cease if things went a bit out of control.”

“You mean you didn’t call any of the things that happened to be a bit out of control,” Sylvia shouted, “We literally got our tails kicked; and none of these pony’s magic and tricks were effective! The only thing that technically saved us was Wander’s hugs; and he didn’t even want to physically fight!”

“It’s true!” said Wander, “I never knew my hugs were so powerful!”

Sylvia suddenly marched up to Discord; and he allowed her to jump up and pull his head down to her by his beard as she said, “I don’t really know how you think or how your weird magic works, but I personally don’t find any of this funny! What other possible way could we have prevented certain disaster?!”

With a little smile, Discord answered, “Why don’t I just show you.”

Discord snapped his fingers; and then suddenly, Little Bits grew back to the monstrous size that she was before. Everyone gasped and stepped back as they began to panic again.

“She’s big again!” Pinkie screamed.

“What did you do?!” Sylvia shouted as she shook Discord’s head violently.

Discord then snapped his fingers again and Little Bits grew back down to her regular size. Little Bits’ eyes were wide and looked around as she said, “Wh-wh-what just happened?”

“You mean you could’ve just stop her… just like that?!” Twilight protested.

“Well look at that!” said Wander, “Guess Ah’m not the only one who had the cure to stop the potion’s effect.”

Everyone was in shock; especially the princesses. It never occurred to any of them that Discord could’ve possibly had the ability to erase the forbidden potions’ effects. Discord then disappeared from Sylvia’s grasp and said, “So there you have it. See, I’m not a bad guy; just a moderately good guy who just loves to have a good laugh with his friends. Even its means giving them a good scare.”

Sylvia just crossed her arms and snorted through her snout, “That excuse… is so stupid.”

“Oh, by the way…”

Discord suddenly waved his hand and caused all the viles that contained the forbidden potions to appear above him.

“Now that we’ve had our fun… I believe I can safely discard these things for you.”

They were all shocked when they saw Discord meld all the viles into a tiny ball. And then with a finger flick, it crumbled into dust. He looked around as he saw everyone looking at him with shocked expressions.

“I know what you’re all thinking. I could’ve done that at any time, but what fun would that be? And besides, no pony asked. But in any case… you’re welcome.”

Everyone had to realize that this was Discord just being Discord and it was wise to just go along with his antics as long as no one got hurt… for the most part.

“Well… Discord may have been up to his usual antics again,” said Celsetia, “but at least everything is back to normal.” She then used her magic to bring Discord to face and said, “Just don’t do anything that reckless ever again.”

“Whatever you say, your majesty,” said Discord with a sly smile.

With that now done, everyone’s attention was now back to Little Bits as they all were pondering what they were going to do next.

“So, what should we do with her?” said Rainbow Dash.

“Nothing too harsh I hope,” said Fluttershy.

“Are you kidding me?!” Sylvia protested, “That menace almost wrecked the castle… and us! She needs some sort of discipline!”

Wander was standing there beside Sylvia as he was looking at the brooding alien cat. He then began walking towards her wearing a determined expression on his face.

“Wander, what are you doing?” said Sylvia.

Everyone watched as Wander made his way towards Little Bits wondering what he was about to do. Little Bits suddenly looked to her side as she saw Wander standing there wearing the same expression and scowled at him as said, “What are you wooking at, ya hillbiwy hippie? You want to start something?!”

Wander suddenly smiled as he responded, “Of course not; not at all. But… seriously, why did you do all of this?”

“This question again?” said Little Bits as she rolled her eyes, “I aweady told you, I did it to get back at that Zbownak fwiend of yours; and you were just a bonus.”

“But this all started on that planet where you were fakin’ us out and made us think that ya needed help. You pretended to be our friend and were goin’ to take us to Lord Hater for profit.”

“Well duh, I’m bounty hunter; and Hater had a bounty on you two. Its sorta my job.”

Wander then knelt down in front of her and was trying to reason with her, “But it doesn’t have to be. Think about it. Of all the days that you were a bounty hunter, you’ve felt nothing but rage, greed, frustration, and stress. I bet you’ve never even had a real friend before.”

Everyone suddenly knew what he was up to. Wander was doing everying he could to try and change the attitude Little Bits. But could that be possible?

“Me and even Sylvia are willing to let bygones be bygones if you choose to ditch this silly hunter business and become friends with us! It would be a lot less stressful and it would be a lot of fun! Right, Sylvia?”

“Uh… s-sure,” said Sylvia hesitantly, “I could live with that.”

It was like Wander’s words were suddenly surrounding in her head. Little Bits just looked at him and then turned her head away. “Yeah, I guess it would be… something different.”

“And look around you at our pony friends! If you give them a chance, they’d be willing to give you a second chance and be your friend too; especially those six. They specialize in the power of friendship after all!”

“So?”

“And on top of that, there’s a whole entire party going on right now… as if you didn’t notice. Ditch your mean attitude and replace it with a heart of joy and happiness! Let’s all have some fun together!”

Little Bits suddenly turned back around to Wander with little shimmers in her eyes as she questioned, “Do you… sewiouswy mean that?”

Since it wasn’t placed on him, Wander stuck his hand through the shield Little Bits was in and answered, “Ah wouldn’t mean it any other way.”

Everyone couldn’t believe what they were seeing. Was Little bits suddenly giving in to Wander’s request after everything she had been through? They all watched as Little Bits reach out to Wander’s hand with her paw; but then she suddenly scowled as she smacked Wander’s hand away and said, “Then you’re an even bigger fool than I thought. What even makes you think that I want to be friends with these sissy ponies?!”

Wander rubbed his hand a little feeling a little concerned and hesitantly said, “Well… A-A-Ah just thought that… you know… you doin’ that thing with the eyes… and always wantin’ attention.”

“Well you got it all wrong, idiot! I don’t do the thing with the eyes because I secwetwy want attention, I do it because it helps me to always get what I want! Don’t you get it?! I am a merciwess bounty hunter who needs no fwiends or pointwess fun! That is who I aways have been and who I aways will be! Even you can’t do anything to change that.”

Wander then hung his head down and walked back over to Sylvia and said, “Well… that was a bit… harsh.”

Sylvia patted Wander head as she told him, “You did your best, Wander. You did your best. You gave her a chance, but now… It my turn.” She then went over to Little Bits and stared her down while showing a little smirk, “I say we put her in that nice little petting zoo I saw earlier… where she will get all the attention she wants.”

“Wh-what,” said Little Bits as her ears suddenly drooped, “N-n-no, not that. Do anything to me except that!”

“Ooh, nice idea, Sylvia!” Rainbow Dash agreed, “I’m pretty sure that will be plenty enough of a punishment for her… without technically hurting her physically.”

“I don’t know,” said Fluttershy, “Some of those little foals can be pretty rough.”

All the princesses looked at each other and then nodded in agreement. Then Celestia said, “Then I guess it’s settled. Little Bits, I hear by sentence you to…”

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a huge pillar of light shone down upon Little Bits and caused everyone to jump back feeling startled.

“What the hay?!” Twilight shouted, “Where is that beam of light coming from?!”

Little Bits was shocked herself and she could feel a weird sensation coming over her, “Whoa! What’s… going on!”

The beam of light made a high pitched sound as it grew even brighter blinding everyone around them. Once the beam finally disappeared, everyone looked back at Little Bits’ location only to see just an empty containment bubble.

“She’s… gone?” Cadence stated, “How in Equestria did that happened?”

Everyone looked around and saw no traces of Little Bits anywhere. But then Sylvia looked over at Discord suspiciously and said, “Yeah, how did that happen… I wonder?”

Everyone else soon looked over at Discord as well. After everything he did that day, it was hard not to be suspicious. Discord placed his hands on his sides as he said, “Seriously? Why does everypony assume that it’s always me?” He then changed into a set of clothes with a ball and chain, “I’m innocent, innocent I tell you!”

“So, you didn’t secretly let her get away?” said Twilight.

Discord changed back and shrugged his shoulders as he answered, “To be honest… even I see that coming.”

Sylvia came up to the area where Little Bits was and carefully studied it and told everyone, “From the looks of it… she was transported; materialized from here and formed back together somewhere else.”

“But by who Ah wonder?” said Wander.

“Who cares,” Rarity strongly stated, “As much as we all probably wanted to watch that cat get her punishment, I think we should let this go and just be glad that she’s gone. I’m pretty sure we won’t be seeing her again.”

Suddenly, there was another voice that sounded out, “Hey, everyone!” It was Spike who had just made it onto the scene stretching his arms as he yawned, “Whoo! I slept on that Ferris wheel like a baby dragon. Oh, wait… technically I am still a baby dragon. So, what did I miss?”

Spike then looked around and noticed the surrounding destruction, “Whoa, what happened here?” And he arched his eyebrow as he saw Discord and strongly questioned, “And what’s he doing here?”

“Nice to see you too, sleeping beauty,” said Discord in a mocking tone.

“Believe me, Spike,” said Twilight, “you have missed a lot. I’ll make sure to fill you in on all the details.”

“I have no doubt that you will.”

With Little Bits gone and no other hindrances present, Pinkie jumped up and shouted, “Well, Ponies; now that all of that is over with…”

Suddenly, Wander copied her as they both said, “LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! ‘gasp’ JINX!”

Twilight, Celestia, Luna and Cadence worked together to repair the damaged caused by the fight against Little Bits. Afterwards, everyone was continuing to enjoy the festivities without any worry of being tripped up in traps. Even with Discord, he promised not to do anything too mischievous.

Wander and Sylvia were eventually met back up with the Cutiemark Crusaders who wanted to hear everything that happened from them. None of them couldn’t believe what they heard.

“Ah cannot believe it!” Apple Bloom shouted, “Ya mean to tell us that Discord was helpin’ Little Bits all this time?! How could he do such a thang?! Ah thought he was on our side!”

“Well technically he still is,” Wander stated, “He just was just having some personal fun at our expense. Sure, it may have seemed that he went a little too far; but in the end, he could’ve saved us at any time he wanted.”

“You call giving a forbidden potion to an alien kitty bounty hunter that made her gigantic and then attacked the castle grounds a little too far?” Scootaloo questioned.

“Took the words right out of my mouth,” Sylvia groaned.

“Well… at least he meant well,” said Sweetie Belle, “No pony was critically injured… for the most part.”

“Well look on the bright side,” said Wander cheerfully, “Little Bits definitely made things a lot livelier at this party… with some assistance of Discord of course. Can’t give Little Bits all of the credit.”

After thinking of what Wander and Sylvia said, Apple Bloom questioned, “So… you guys have no idea where she went? She just… vanished?”

“Into thin air,” Sylvia responded, “Although, I’m pretty sure she was teleported; by Lord Hater no doubt.”

They all continued pondering and discussing on the subject of Little Bits’ sudden disappearance. But suddenly, they were approached by Twilight’s brother, Shining Armor, and his wife, Cadence. Cadence greeted them as she said, “Hello once again, you two. I see you’re doing well.”

Wander was quite pleased to see them again and bowed as he said, “Well if it isn’t the Royal Couple; Shining Armor and Princess Mi Amore Cadenza!"

“Um… just Cadence is fine,” said Cadence with a smirk.

“Ah know, but you have such a lovely full name; and it’s so much fun just saying it! Princess Mi Amore Cadenza! Princess Mi Amore Cadenza! Princess Mi Amo…”

Sylvia then covered Wander’s mouth stating, “Okay, Wander, I think they get it.”

“Well I gotta say,” said Shining, “you two were pretty awesome out there battling against that cat when she was big; and defeating her with… hugs.”

“Can’t be any weirder than when we defeated Chrysalis with the power of love,” said Cadence as she gave Shining a kiss on his cheek.

“Geez,” Sylvia groaned, “Hugs, love, friendship; is there any more violent way you ponies do to defeat your enemies? Although, I always did find the harmony beam kinda cool.”

“Are you kidding me?” Shining stated, “What did you call all of the hoof punching, spear throwing and the casting of powerful magic?”

Sylvia thought about it and figured that he had a point, “Touché.”

“Everypony, come on!” Pinkie suddenly shouted from nearby, “We’re about to sing Luna the Birthday song; and then… PRESENTS!!!”

“The Birthday song?!” said Wander as he ran towards her, “Ah definitely can’t miss that!”

Wander and Sylvia joined many other ponies as they all gathered around the castle gardens where the candle blowing and present opening was going to take place. They all joined in with Celestia as they sung Happy Birthday to Luna and then continued to cheer her on.

Luna wiped away a few tears from feeling a bit emotional. She always felt drawn in when she is given a lot of attention. She looked over at Celestia and said, “You know… when we suggested that you throw us a birthday party, we think that you’ve went just a little overboard. But, we do appreciate it very much.”

Luna then went over and gave Celestia a hug; and Celestia smiled as she responded, “Nothing but the best for my little sister. Happy Birthday, Luna.”

Nearby, Wander and Sylvia saw the sweet sight in front of him; and Wander felt like he was going to cry, “Oh, Sylvia… it brings a tear to mah little eye to see such an emotional scene amongst family and friends.”

“Yep,” Sylvia stated, “Nothing says emotional than finding out that you’re another year older; and knowing those two’s age, they’ve probably had that kind of moment a lot.”

“Oh, Sylvia. You and yer amusing sarcastic statements.”

Wander watched as everyone else was watching Luna opening her presents. But as he continued to watch, he looked up at Sylvia and asked, “So, uh… Ah suppose that after today… you’ll be wantin’ to leave this place and… go back to wanderin’ out into the cosmos for more adventures; ya know, since ya probably want to get away and from all of… this. Right?”

Wander was hoping that Sylvia would say no; but he knew Sylvia too much to know that she would probably want that. But surprisingly as Sylvia was looking all around her, she smirked as she responded, “You know what, Wander… after everything we’ve been through, I’ve come to realize that we’re pretty lucky when we can catch a break and relax without any conflict. Plus, this place… its really growing on me; and being around the inhabitants of this planet dose give me a nice warm feeling.”

Sylvia then saw two ponies nearby by scream out and ran after Discord popped out of one of their drinks that they were dinking. Discord had a good laugh and said, “Ah, now that was quite… refreshing.

Sylvia groaned lightly and said, “Except for… some.” She then looked back down at Wander and placed her hand on him and questioned, “How do you feel on maybe staying here another day… or two.”

Wander’s eyes suddenly lit up once again as he grinned and said, “Ya… y-y-ya really mean that?”

“Sure thing.”

Wander then squeed very loudly as he latched himself onto Sylvia and said, “Thank you, Sylvia! Thank you so much! Ah knew that deep down that ya truly loved this place! Ah mean… who wouldn’t?!”

Sylvia then answered, “Hater, Peepers, Little Bits…”

“Okay, maybe some wouldn’t like this place; but they don’t know what they’re missin’.”

Suddenly, a voice called out to them, “Hey, Wander, Sylvia!” It was Twilight who was standing with her friends and the crusaders. She said to them, “You two coming to have some more fun with us?!”

Discord suddenly appeared holding a dish and lifted the lid, “I have cucumber sandwiches!”

Sylvia nodded her head at Wander as he hopped down from his hold on her and said, “Who can say no to that?! Come on, Sylvia!”

“Right behind ya, buddy,” Sylvia responded as he followed Wander to the others.

With that, Wander and Sylvia was looking forward to enjoying the rest of the day with their pony friends in Canterlot; and Wander was really looking forward to spending more time there. However, even though Sylvia had made her decision, deep down inside… she hoped that it was the right one.

Author's Note:

The story is over... but not quite.
Stay tuned in the future for the Epilogue chapter to see what happened to Little Bits.