• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 1,134 Views, 65 Comments

She Rocks My World - LightningSword



A pony out on the town takes his friend through an encounter with gangsters, dancers, and the mare of his dreams. His life will never be the same . . .

  • ...
18
 65
 1,134

"When the bill come, they start trippin'!"

“You're paying for it this time, man,” Spike said over his carton of Chi-Neighs food, impatiently snapping his chopsticks together.

“I'm not payin' for it,” Nocturne retorted over his own serving. The roadside restaurant they'd gone to was just a little bit expensive, but it had some of the best food in Manehattan, and it was frequented by many ponies. In this case, a bat-winged Pegasus stallion and a young dragon having some bonding time. They both wore smart suits and fedoras to match their respective colors: Spike's in black, and Nocturne's in white.

“No way, Nocturne, I paid last time,” Spike argued, shaking his head, “Besides, I'm starting to run out of allowance. Just because Twilight's a princess now, it doesn't mean we're loaded!”

“Spike, you're the one who wanted to come here, not me,” Nocturne complained, “If you didn't want to pay, you shouldn't have agreed to this.”

Spike gave an aggravated sigh, “See, this is why I don't like going out to eat with ponies. When the bill comes, they get all antsy.”

Nocturne scoffed and rolled his crimson eyes, “Yeah? Well, that's why you're payin' for it.”

From their seats, Nocturne and Spike could see out the window, and had a good view of other ponies walking down the street in Manehattan's evening bustle. Well-dressed stallions waltzed down the walk with their snouts in the air, carriages and coaches pulled some of Equestria's elite down the streets, and lovely young mares turned heads as they walked down the road with a shake of a skirt and a twist of a tail.

“Mmmm, look at that!” Spike drew Nocturne's attention to a particularly striking Earth pony mare with a long, blonde mane, “Nice!”

Nocturne shrugged, “Yep, pretty cute.” He then turned to Spike with a smirk, “Not quite Rarity, though, huh?”

Spike suddenly blushed and looked away, “Huh? Oh, no, of course not! I mean, Rarity's much prettier!”

Nocturne chuckled and kept eating, but stopped again when he saw a cab pull up to the side of the road. Its only passenger stepped out, paid the driver, and looked around up and down the street. Nocturne saw her, and was entranced; she was a beautiful Pegasus mare, yellow in coat and pink in mane, and wearing a slinky, yet tasteful evening gown.

“Ooooh, nice!” Spike caught Nocturne's glance and teased him, “Good catch, big guy!”

“Oh, wow . . .” Nocturne gasped as he watched her move. She was captivating, even as she looked nervously up and down the street.

Spike poked Nocturne in the ribs with his elbow, “Yeah! She's one P. Y. M., all right!”

Nocturne was too smitten to hear Spike. “I think she looked at me . . . .” he said dreamily.

“Hm! She's drivin' you wild, huh? Wanna get a better look?”

“What?! No! Well, maybe . . . . . I don't know . . .”

“Come on! Just go introduce yourself! I'll be your wingman!”

Nocturne hesitated, but Spike seemed insistent. Maybe it was a way to get out of paying for dinner, but at this point, it didn't really matter all that much. He knew he liked that beautiful mare, and wanted to talk to her and get to know her better. Reluctantly, he allowed Spike to urge him out of the restaurant and into the street, closer to the pretty pink-maned pony.

Nocturne and Spike opened the doors and stopped on the sidewalk, watching as she trotted through crowds on the other side of the street. As she moved, Nocturne was stricken with longing; he'd seen no other mare like her before. He'd come to Manehattan a lot with Spike to have a bite to eat, and each time, there were attractive ladies passing by that he would have liked to speak to. It happened pretty much every night, but he'd never gotten up the courage to make a move. But somehow, looking at this pink-maned beauty made all the others insignificant. He wanted to meet her. He wanted to know her.

She completely rocked his world.

“Oh, mother of Celestia, that's it!” Nocturne announced, “Spike, that's . . . . she's got to be the prettiest mare I've seen all day! Heck, the prettiest ever!”

“Chill out, buddy,” Spike assured him, “I see the way she makes you feel. Just get her attention.”

“I don't know . . . . you think I can?”

“Hey, this time around, you're golden. Just yell out to her. Nice and strong!”

“Okay, here goes . . . hey! Over here! Hey, could you look this way, please?”

She glanced around as she walked, overlooking the stallion and his 'wingman', and continued along her path. For some reason, the look of nervousness still persisted.

“Uhh, not really strong enough, Nocturne,” Spike shook his head, “You're keepin' it in the closet.”

“I can't help it, Spike,” Nocturne continued to stare longingly at the mare, “She's so pretty . . .”

“She looks upset,” Spike replied, “She needs somepony to hold.” The two saw that she was headed for the Waterhorse Hotel, and an idea clicked between them. Where else would a gorgeous girl like her be going dressed like that? She definitely had party plans in mind for tonight. And what better place for a romantic chance encounter than a party at the Waterhorse?

Spike and Nocturne glanced at each other, and saw their plan unfold itself in each other's eyes.

“Let's go.”

Nocturne and Spike both slipped into the street when traffic lessened, and crossed over to the other side, following the Pegasus mare's path. As they left, they heard someone very loud and very angry yell after them about something or other:

“Hey! You two! You forgot to pay for the food! Come back here! Hey! You! You got a bill coming! Hey, come on, get back here! Next time I see you, you're history, you punks!”