• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 14,868 Views, 2,335 Comments

Fimfic Authors Are In Your Bed - Admiral Biscuit



A collaborative collection of stories about finding ponies in your bed.

  • ...
72
 2,335
 14,868

PreviousChapters Next
Cadance Poofs into Your Bed (Flutterpriest)

Cadance Poofs into Your Bed
Flutterpriest

Meanwhile, in Equestria...

You stare at the ceiling, counting upwards in your head in a vain attempt to bring you sleep. It was called 'insomnia'. Despite your best attempts, you could not fall asleep. You could scream, cry, try to put your mind off of it or simply try to think of nothing. Sleep would never come to you.

It didn't matter that you slept on one of the most comfortable and coveted beds in all of the land. The light, fluffy goodness of the pillows nor the gentle, smooth silken sheets could comfort you to put you into the world of dreams. You could always try taking medicine to help you fall asleep, but a part of you never quite wanted to take the risk, in fear of taking too much. Then you would have a real problem you couldn't fix.

With a sigh, you rolled over to look outside the crystal windows at the evening's bright moon. It was just another boring Monday. Just like every other day, you would stroll the Crystal Empire trying to find a job. Spend time trying to find some sort of job around the city. Dine on delectable meals with Princess Cadance and Shining Armor. Then retire to your quarters to read a book or maybe play a game or two with Shining.

It really was almost painful.

Day in and day out it was the same routine. Most of the citizens considered it to be a great honor that the royal couple invited you into their palace to stay. Honestly, you probably didn't even need to find a job, but you can only burn things in the kitchen and annoy the guards so many times before you run out of fun things to do in the oversized castle. Getting a job would just break up the monotony a little bit.

Rolling onto your stomach, you close your eyes and pull a pillow over your head, burying your face deep into the layers of quilted heaven. The fact was that everything was boring. Shining was boring. Cadance was boring. Everything was just miserably, horribly boring. The two royals liked having you around because you didn't hold them on the same high horse as everyone else did.

Although, they likely wouldn't have worded it the same way.

At least they were there for you. If you had the need to talk or wanted something to do, they would happily oblige. You saw them more as the best high-class roommates ever. Mostly because they pay for your stuff. Well, most of your stuff. That set of tea cups is yours, god dammit. They can't take it away from you.

Okay. This clearly isn't working. You have to get some sleep. You have a whole lot of nothing to do tomorrow. Just don't think of anything.

You lie in bed, staring into the darkness provided by the power of the pillow and any sounds of the castle being muffled by the same force. The pillow was your sword through the evening. Your shield through the dreams. Your closest friend that would never spill that you secretly had a drooling problem. Except for the one night where-

Damn it. Get yourself together. With a sigh, you hear a muffled popping noise in the darkness. It's probably nothing. Maybe a bird ran into the partially see through castle. Who even decided to make a partially see through castle anyway? Who in the world thought that was-

Then, you felt it. You pause and hold your breath. The bed moved. Just wait. Maybe it was just your imagination. You listen carefully, the silence of the air only interrupted by the sound of your beating heart.

Then a light and feminine groan breaks through the silence. It was unmistakable and it was directly next to you. You pull the pillow off your head and gaze to the other side of the bed. There, lying directly beside you, her face buried into a pillow, was Princess Cadance.

Her pink, purple and golden hair was illuminated in the moonlight beside you. You sat up in bed as you were suddenly perplexed as to why the Princess of Love and the Ruler of the Crystal Empire was suddenly lying beside you. Was this a dream? Was there something you didn't remember? You study the gentle features of her face and the delicately cared for pink fur that covered her body. She was dressed in a silken light blue night gown and was laid above the covers of your bed.

Well, at this point, what do you have to lose? You reach out a hand and gently nudge her.

“Mmmh~” she lightly groans. “I said not toniight...”

You immediately retract your hand and your eyes grow wide. You look from your hands, back to her and then back to your hands. Does she think you are Shining?

Slowly, the princess rolls over to you with a smile on her face and her eyes still closed tight.

“Well, unless you give me a kiss first~” she says lightly, in a tone you've never heard her use with you before. It tensed the back of your throat and you suddenly focused on her lips. What the hell is going on? Why is this happening? Why now?

Why are you even still considering this?

You lean closer and you can feel her hot breath against your skin. A million thoughts reel through your head as you consider your options. Should you stop? Do you continue? You gulp and sit just inches from the face of the Princess of Love.

Then, slowly she opens her eyes and the two of you lock gazes.

Sometimes, when something magical happens, time stops. No words need to be said. The two people experiencing the magic of love simply understand each other entirely in that single moment. Forever in their minds, that moment will be burned as the moment they knew that they loved the other.

This was not even close to one of those moments.

Cadance's eyes shrank to the size of pinpricks and her face became flush with embarrassment. Her hoof connected directly with your face as the sheer force of her punch sends you flying across the room and against the wall. You bounce off the wall and onto the table which held your prized tea set which promptly smashed into a thousand pieces.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?! WHERE IS SHINING?!” Cadance screams aloud to the world, covering herself with the blanket.

Slowly you rise to your feet, after getting forced out of your own bead. “Your room?” you ask her in pure shock. “This is my room! I've slept in here every day since you let me in this castle!”

Cadance breathes heavily as she looks around the room, trying to absorb where she is. Slowly, she begins to calm down and shake her head.

“What?” you ask her, frustrated with how lightly she's taking the situation. “Why did you suddenly pop into my room in the middle of the night?! Huh? Why don't you explain that to me,”

The Princess laughs and shakes her head. “Sorry! Sorry. You deserve an explanation. It's just, sometimes when ponies with unicorn magic have nightmares in Equestria, they might accidentally set off a spell in their sleep. It's sort of like when animals try to run in their sleep. It's a defense mechanism. I was having a bad dream and, well. Poof!” Cadance giggles to herself and shakes her head.

Your jaw drops as you hear a knock on your bedroom door. “Dear? I heard you yell from Anon's room. Did you teleport in your sleep again?” you hear the voice of Shining call through the door.

Cadance raises her head and looks toward the door. “Yes, dear. I scared the life out of Anon. I'll be right out.”

“Okay, well don't be too long,” he calls through the door, sounding frustrated.

You look between the presence at the door and back to the princess, who stands up on your bed and stretches her limbs.

“Wait, so this just happens all the time?” you ask, bewildered. “Unicorns will just pop around in other beds in the middle of the night? How is that normal? How is that okay?!”

Cadance smiles and steps down from the bed. “When you say it like that, you make it sound as if there was anything more than an accidental teleport in the middle of the night...” she says lightly.

Instantly you raise your hands and take a step back. “Woah. Now I didn't mean anything like that, I just-”

Cadance quickly interrupted you as she took a few steps closer to you, wearing the same smile. “You know, I remember some of my unicorn friends would accidentally pop into the homes of the stallions they liked in school. Then claim that they had some horrible dream where only that stallion could save them from certain horrors,” she continued. Her hips swayed side to side as she walked closer to you, her tail accenting her movements.

“Uhm...” you mutter, but words don't seem to come to you as quickly as you would like.

She smiles and moves just a few steps away from you, her violet eyes looking up into yours. “What were you trying to do when I thought you were Shining, Anon?” she whispers gently. You opened your mouth to speak, but no words escaped your lips. Your eyes darted from side to side as sweat slowly moved down your forehead to your nose. I-is she making a move at you?

She takes another step closer to you and you try to swallow a lump in your throat. Her gaze pierces your eyes and stares deep down into your soul.

Then, a loud thunk, juts you awake as a bird collides with the window of your bedroom. The noise practically makes you jump out of your skin. Quickly, you look around your room as the bird picks itself up off your balcony and flies away. What happened last night?

Your eyes move to your tea set, which sits as proud as it always does on display, in just the event that you might need to entertain a guest with a pot of tea in your room. Or if you were just in the mood for tea. Hey, it was in your room. Who was going to judge? However, the tea set was in one piece. Sitting like no one, or no pony, had ever touched it.

“It must have been some sort of dream... then,” you say to yourself, as you gently move yourself out of bed and dangle your feet off of the edge of your bed. Rising to your feet, a sharp stabbing pain shoots through the arch of your feet and lose your balance. With a yelp, you fall and forcefully give the floor a high-five with your face. “Owww...” you grumble.

Sitting up on the ground, now fully wide awake, you look at your foot and see a small trickle of blood ooze out of a cut in your foot.

“What the hell...” you whisper, as you look where you dangled your foot. A small jagged object sits on the ground. Reaching over, you pick it up and inspect it. Looking it over, it was made out of marble, slightly curved... and had the same pattern on it as your prized tea set.

Tuesday is already off to an interesting start.

PreviousChapters Next