• Published 11th Apr 2015
  • 4,336 Views, 26 Comments

TwiDash - Fiji Firefox



A really fast, fairly adorable, one-shot TwiDash fanfic.

  • ...
19
 26
 4,336

The Old Version

Author's Note:

I've been reading romantic TwiDash stories a lot recently :rainbowkiss: , so I decided to make one of my own. Tell me if I made any mistakes (not too harsh on the criticism, please) :fluttershysad:

Twilight Sparkle, the lilac unicorn mare, happily trotted around the Golden Oaks Library humming a random tune as she controlled a feather duster with her magic along with other items she was picking up around the library. As she worked the feather duster and put things away in their proper places, Spike sleepily walked out of her bedroom, woken up by the sound of her hooves on the wooden floor.

She caught him in the corner of her eye and smiled as he dragged his feet into the kitchen. "Good Morning, Sleepy-Head." She said cheerfully as she paused for a moment before getting back to work.

Spike grumbled a response before looking up at the clock above the sink and totally freaking out over what time it was. "Oh my gosh, Twilight! I'm so so sorry I slept late! I didn't know it was this late in the morning and I-"A hoof laid on his mouth stopped him in his tracks.

"It alright, Spike!" Twilight said as she lowered her hoof back down to the ground and continued tidying the library. "I knew I was getting up early today anyways, so I thought I would let you sleep in. Besides, it's a Saturday: you tend to take these days of from your duties here anyway." She assured him as he stood, puzzled, in the kitchen archway.

"But why?" He asked as he walked to stand next to her and rock on his heels as he waited for an answer.

"Oh didn't you know? I scheduled a sleepover with Dash tonight. She'll be here within the hour to hang out for the day before the sleepover." Twilight said after hesitating for a few moments, a light blush showing on her cheeks.

"Oooooooh okaaaaaay." Spike stressed his words as he walked towards the front door, making Twilight blush a little harder. "I see. So, you gonna tell her or what?" He asked before opening the heavy wooden door, his words gesturing about Twilight's mostly secret crush on the prismatic maned pegasus.

"More like "or what". I probably will never have the courage to confess. And...I don't really want to ruin the friendship we already have if she declines. It might be awkward and we might drift apart from one another... besides...she straight..." Twilight trailed off as the last of her tidying was done. At least I think she is.

"Hm." Spike said as he stepped out of the library to the sunny day outside. "Well, if you tell her or not, the sleepover is still going on and I feel as if I have to be somewhere else for this type of occasion. So if you don't mind, I think I'll be staying at Rarity's with Sweetie Belle..."

It was Twilight's turn to smirk as the dragon blushed before realizing Twilight was staring at him smugly. "O-oh! A-and the other crusaders, too!"

Twilight giggled and nodded as she trotted into the kitchen to prepare lunch and called, "Sure, you can stay at the Boutique for the night. Just be sure to be back before dark tomorrow."

"Great! That won't be a problem! See you tomorrow then, Twilight!" He said as he saluted and marched out of the door, closing it behind him.

Twilight sighed as she got out the ingredients for haycakes, one of Rainbow's favorites along with Twilight's. She was silent as she cooked several batches of the breakfast food, the comforting feeling of the warmth coming from the stove making Twilight's mind wander about what it was like to cuddle with a special somepony, since she had never had one before. She began to blush a little as she started to fantasize about her crush. As she was finishing up her breakfast cooking task by cleaning the dirty dishes, her mind began to slip into more dirty scenarios about the dusty blue pegasus, until a knock at the door announced her arrival.

As she was drying the last dish with her magic, Twilight pushed down her half-existent wingboner with her hooves and went to get the front door.

She opened it to find Rainbow Dash standing on her doorstep and she grinned when Twilight opened the door up. "Heya, Twilight."

"Hi, Rainbow. "Sparkle said as her friend showed herself in and dropped her saddlebags next to the door. "Thanks for having a sleepover with me." Twilight said as she lead Rainbow to the kitchen.

"No problem, Twilight. Sleepovers are pretty awesome! I'll never have a problem with having one of those." Rainbow Dash said as she bounded over the kitchen table and practically started drooling over the freshly made haycakes as she sat down and took a few.

Twilight smiled when she saw Rainbow eating with gusto the meal she had prepared and sat down herself to eat.

They made little conversation between one another, partly because of the slight awkwardness of being alone together, and partly because of the delicious food.

When they finished, Twilight accidentally burped, which in turn caused Dash to giggle. Twi excused herself before finally starting up a conversation. "So, Dash, what do you want to do? We've got the whole afternoon ahead of us."

Rainbow put her hoof to her chin thoughtfully before answering, "I kind of want to go the park. That okay with you?"

The unicorn smiled and nodded. "Sure! It sounds nice and we'll be taking advantage of how nice it is outside today."

Soon, the two mares had headed out and to the Ponyville Park, but it seemed everypony else had the same idea, too, because there were ponies scattered everywhere, either playing some sort of game to sitting together on one of the park benches, among other things.

Twilight blushed when she saw two mares whom she knew sitting close to one another on a bench, one sitting up in a strange position while the other just laid on the bench seat reading a newspaper. The one sitting up nuzzled the one reading and they both smiled before returning to what they had been doing before.

That would be really nice... Twilight thought, glancing quickly at Dash from the corner of her eye. She was sure she imagined it, but it seemed Rainbow have been looking at her, too, from the corner of her eyes.

Twilight shrugged it off as they neared the back of the park that was more secluded and had a swing-set facing the lake, which was the pair's favorite spot to be.

As they took up the two-swing swing-set, Rainbow was immediately having a blast, laughing as she swung back and forth high up in the air. Twilight, however, swung a little more slowly and close to the ground, lost in thought.

Rainbow started swinging slowly, too, so she could take a look at the water.

"H-Hey, Dash?" Twilight spoke up after a slightly unbearable silence.

Dash stopped swinging. "Yeah? What's up?"

Twilight sighed before looking into the blue sky above their heads. "Do you think you could give me...some advice about something?" I really hope I'm not giving too much away...

When Dash nodded, Sparkle continued. "Well...what if you kind of liked, say, a friend...and you wanted to tell them how you felt, but you didn't want to lose their friendship forever? What would you do in a situation like that?" She said quickly, mentally praying to Celestia that Rainbow wouldn't put two and two together.

If Rainbow did figure it out, she didn't show it, but instead answered, "If you're good friends with that pony, then if they say no, they shouldn't hold it against you for too long and get over it. But if they say yes, then you get to start a relationship with somepony, and that's always special." Dash looked at Twilight. "I honestly don't know what to tell you..." She looked away and the pair sat in silence for a while, until they realized the sun was starting to go down.

"W-we should probably head to the library, no?" Twilight asked as she hopped out of her swing.

Rainbow agreed and also hopped out, going to stand next to Twilight as they made their way back to the library Twilight called home.

As they walked back through the main part of the park, it seemed that this was the perfect time for couples to be roaming about, because it looked as if every couple in town was there, taking advantage of the beautiful sunset.Twilight noticed how close everypony was and realized that Rainbow was walking a little closer to her, their coats almost touching. She shivered when she felt the ends of Rainbow's fur, but Dash took it as a different shiver.

"You chilly, Twilight?" Rainbow asked as they neared the entrance of the park.

"Uh n-no..." Twilight stammered.

Dash made a hm sound before stretching out her wing and draping it over Twilight's back, the gesture also making the pair walk even closer together.

Twilight squeaked and looked over at her, but Rainbow's head was turned away, so Twilight didn't protest. Why would I even want to protest against something like this?

The two mares didn't make a sound as they neared the library and headed inside, Rainbow closed her wing back up and went to sit down on the floor.

The unicorn closed the door to her home, slightly disappointed that the moment was gone, but nonetheless excited about the sleepover. "So...Rainbow? What do you want to do now?" She inquired as she sat across from the mare.

Rainbow shook her head. "I dunno. What about you?"

Twilight took in a sharp breath before exhaling slowly. "Well, there is something I..would like to tell you about..."

Rainbow's ears perked up a bit. "O..kay. What is it?" When Twilight didn't respond, Rainbow chimed in. "Is it gossip? Is it a secret? Tell me!" She bounced around Twilight annoyingly, knowing that it would eventually break the mare and make her spill. "Tell me! Tell me! Tell me! Tell m-"

"Alright! Alright! I'll...tell you." Twi said, knowing she'd been defeated. She looked up at Rainbow before taking a deep breath.

"I...kind of have a crush on you..." Twilight said as quietly as she could muster, hiding behind her mane like Fluttershy.

"Sorry, but I couldn't hear you. Say what now?" Rainbow prompted.

Twilight sighed, knowing well that it could either lead to a beginning or an end. "I said...I kind of have a crush on...you."

There was silence following her statement and Twilight had a feeling that she needed to get out of there for a while.

"U-uh..I have to g-go to the bathroom..." Rainbow said quickly as she dashed up the stairs to the second floor, her face flush with red.

Twilight sighed again before heading down the stairs to her basement, where most of her scientific equipment was stored. She then laid her head down on one of the desks that had free space and let a few tears escape. She began to sniff more frequently as time passed.

"T-Twilight?" a voice behind her said quietly.

The mare turned her head around to find Rainbow standing behind her. "I h-"

"It's alright. You don't have to apologize. If you want to...leave, then you can. I'm not forcing you to stay..." Twilight interrupted, waving her hoof in the direction of the doorway.

"No no. That's not what I was going to say." Dash said as she neared and put a hoof on Twi's shoulder. "What I was going to say, was I have something to confess as well..."

Sparkle looked over at her friend.

"Well, uh...I guess...I like you, too." Dash said as she gave Twilight a quick peck on her cheek. "I mean, I haven't really been able to stop thinking about you for the past few months. I've tried to forget, thinking it was just a silly little thing, and it would go away easily, but it didn't... my feelings just seemed to grow stronger..." Her cheeks were tinted pink.

Dash then lifted Twilight's head with her hoof so she could gaze into her eyes for a moment before their lips connected.

Twilight felt like stars had just exploded in her head at the contact and her thoughts moved like lightning. Her wings popped out from her sides.

The pair pulled away reluctantly from one another after a few minutes, though, due to loss of breath.

Twilight was speechless and she didn't say anything for several minutes, just stared into the pools that were Rainbow's crimson eyes.

"It was that good, huh?" Dash said with a slight smirk as she glanced at Twilight's wings. "I guess I really am just as awesome as I say I am." She said with a wink that made Twilight's legs feel like jelly.

The unicorn mare giggled like a school filly and hugged her new marefriend. "Never change, Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow giggled in return and draped her wing over Twilight's back after she had pushed her wings down from the surprise wingboner.

When they had reached the first floor, Twilight lit up her horn and brought out several blankets and a sleeping bag and laid them down on the floor on top of one another, something she normally did for Rainbow when she came over for a sleepover. It was only a few sleepovers ago that Rainbow had asked for Twi to stay down there and sleep with her, which Sparkle found to be suspicious, but Rainbow's excuse had been, "The floor's just uncomfortable. I wanted you to see that so you could improve it for sleepovers."

She didn't believe that excuse for a minute. But nonetheless, she joined Rainbow again on the floor, but this time, the two snuggled together. "Hey, uh..." Rainbow Dash said quietly.

The unicorn looked into her eyes. "Yes?"

"...I love you, Twi." Dash said as she kissed her forehead.

Twilight smiled and kissed Dash's chest. "I love you, too...Dashie."

The two giggled together before falling asleep in one another's hooves.

Comments ( 25 )

Damn this is TwiDash? From the title I thought this was RariJack!

*Sarcasm is off the charts!*

The two giggled together before falling asleep in one another's arms.

The age old common mistake. Ponies have hooves.

this was very good!

5853189 Technically, they have legs, but I see where you're coming from ^^ thanks for the feedback

5853749 NO! u will never have more likes than dislikes.
I wont allow it

you couldn't be just a liiiiiiiitle bit more original with the title?

Different story with different setting and stuff, same plot as many other stories. Eh, at least it was different so at least it's not a waste of time.

5853822 ^^; heeeehhhh not really D:
5853918 I'm glad it wasn't too wasteful. I did want the story to be a little cliche and besides, It's kinda based of some events in my own life

Good! Will there be a sequel?

5853983 I'm glad you enjoyed it ^^ and no, most likely there will not a be a sequel.

Aww...

Not very original, but I thought it was cute enough.

5853939 Huh, your own life...

5854400 OvO if only....-///^///-

Heh, my profile pic, I did find your story cute, nice job! :twilightsmile:

5855728 Yah, this story is good for a twidash :rainbowdetermined2::twilightblush:

I found minor typos.

Her cheeks were tinted a dark park.

Hmmm, how does she pull that off? Maybe Pinkie, but Rainbow's not that good at pulling off the impossible. The Rainboom isn't impossible because it was done and proven. It's just hard.

6181907 hahahahahahahah XD I'll fix it don worry bout it

Wow that was good but was kinda rushed don't ya'll think I really liked it tho

This was very cute but a little rushed. I could tell you didn't know how to transform Twilight's crush into a full blown confession and not a short confession followed by a short happy ending, but it was still very cute :twilightsmile:

Exept for some gramer errors I loved it you should post a YOUTUBE reading. :)

The ending made me feel like I was there myself, it was so cute! I love this story, keep up the good work ^^
Few comma splices/run on sentences but overall an amazing and cute story ^°^

Login or register to comment