• Published 3rd Jan 2015
  • 2,209 Views, 88 Comments

I refuse to admit I'm a brony - BlueSkyHeadLeft010



OC Tales story. Human gets turned into their OC pony, has to deal with never being taken seriously again... Cuteness be darned! I WILL NOT BE UNDERESTIMATED!!!

  • ...
14
 88
 2,209

Chapter 3: In which the truth is revealed!

"You rotten dirty cheater!" I yelled as the wii screen revealed Jacob as the winner by three points...
Jacob smirked, "Hey, it was fair game. I got the power up and you didn't. You should've picked a better character than lucario." He grinned with those annoying fangs of his.
I scowled, "I hate you. Why do you always pick Snake?" I huffed as I crossed my arms.
"Maybe because he's cool and has missiles?" He shrugged.
I threw my pillow I was sitting on at him.
"Hey!" He laughed as he picked up the pillow I had threw and aimed it back at me.
I dodged, but got the message as he stared expectantly. 'Oh it. Is. On!'
Jumping up from my seat, I grabbed the pillow and took cover as I launched directly at his face and weaved.
Jacob took the initiative as he picked up one of the dog's squeaky toys and chucked it my direction.
I retaliated by throwing a quilt at him.
"Argh!" He bellowed as he clawed his way out of the quilt and threw it to the side.
I laughed as I dodged another pillow, but missed when he threw something else at me...

You know all those warnings about wearing the wrist strap on the wii remote to avoid injury to you or people around you? Yeah, that rule was thrown out the window when he TOSSED IT AT MY HORN!!
I remember bracing, and then a loud 'crack' before I fell over and blacked out...
-------------------
Clang!
Clang!
CLANG!

Ugh, what happened...?

I awoke to find I was in some kind of cobbled stone building.
Clang!
And there was that noise again...

Turning my head to the right I found the source of the noise.
Someone dressed in a brown apron, donning a wielding mask, was hovering over an anvil smacking what looked like a metal sword.
Clang! They went again, as I got up and walked over to them curiously.
The figure was pony-like in appearance, and something about this all seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it, as I watched the pony in awe...
Clang! They rose their hammer up in blue magic as it came down on the sword a final time and they set it aside...
"*phew* That should do it..." The muffled voice of the pony said, as they took off their wielding mask and soaked the sword in cold water.

I gasped as I saw the face of the equine...
It was a mare unicorn with a brown mane and yellow fur. Her eyes were green, like spinach, and she had brown freckles across her muzzle following some white stripes. She seemed to notice me at the exact same time I saw her face and stared up at me quizzically.
"What are you doing here?" She talked with a slight Appaloosian accent as she halted all movement.
"You're Sunstripe! My OC!" I gasped as I just gawked at the pony in front of me.
Sunstripe just blinked at me as she turned her attention elsewhere, "Ya, and I'm kinda busy right now... Whatcha need?" She huffed impatiently, as she undid her apron with her magic and trotted over to where a set of yellow mechanical wings were sitting and strapped them on.
I blinked, not expecting the curt response, as I watched her effortlessly use her magic to adjust the wings on her frame.
To be honest, I still couldn't believe I was actually looking at a pony from my drawings doing normal real life things. I mean, here she was right in front of me using magic as effortlessly as breathing, and blinked and twitched and moved just like any other living creature that ever existed. In short, I was stunned.
"H-how? Why-?! You can't be real!" I just gawked dumbfounded, as I watched her snap the wings in place for good.
She tested them for a few moments, flexing them up and down and side to side before turning her attention back to me.
"What's ta say I'm not real? Ha! I'm talking to you aren't I?" She challenged, as she flicked her mechanical wings upwards in annoyance, and walked over to me staring directly at my face.
"Well I-, um..."
"I live to challenge what can and can't be done! See these wings here?" She pointed to them as she turned around to show, "Ah built em myself! They feed off magic and allow me ta fly!" She stomped as she got closer, making me feel slightly uncomfortable, "Many folks told me I was chasin' a fool's dream, but I did it anyways... Saying I'm not real is as dumb as saying you ain't turning into me!" She poked my chest as I just stared, unsure of what to say to that remark. I remember creating Sunstripe as coming off a bit strong willed, but never expected to actually see it in action like I was experiencing right now.
I pondered over what Sunstripe had said, though slightly confused. "Well I guess so, but what am I doing here then?" I said the thought aloud.
Sunstripe shrugged, making the wings move with her, "Don't know partner... But look, I gotta go." She said as she opened the wooden door to the blacksmith and walked out.
I gasped as I saw out the door ponies walking outside doing normal things and talking to one another. Could it be real? Did a place like this exist?
"See Ya!" Sunstripe waved as she took off into the skies with her mechanical wings. I just stood at the door watching her until she was nothing more than a blip in the sky. All those things she had talked about... Was I really going to become a carbon copy of her?

Before I could ponder it much longer, a piano suddenly fell on my head.
"Look out!" A voice similar to Derpy's said, as I titled my head up and saw the thing hit me before I blacked out again...
-------------
"..."

A constant ringing echoed through my brain as a dull throb woke me back up into the real world.
"She's coming too, back up!" A voice, male???, spoke as the ringing died down and the pain became more manageable.
I groaned as I felt my limbs come back online and I cracked open an eye as I involuntarily twitched my right arm.
Two sea foam green eyes blinked back at me as I jumped in surprise from where I was laying, and felt something go flying towards my head followed by a loud crack!
A yelp was followed soon after, as I made out more details of what was going on as the green eyes relented to reveal a familiar face.

"Wow! You just did magic!" A high feminine voice giggled as I saw toothpaste colored hair and a horn attached to the green eyes. The rest was human, so I immediately knew who it was thanks to the chubby body and size difference.
"Ariana?" I croaked as the pain finally subsided, like I had stretched a limb that had been cramped forevermore, and I realized I was laying on top of the master bed.
The girl laughed as she cracked a grin my direction, "Yep! I'm so happy you're awake now! We can do magic together!" She cheered as I just blinked and looked around...
Ariana was here? Why is she becoming a pony as well?
I immediately recalled the events leading to me blacking out and felt my horn. It felt slightly raw, but wasn't cracked or worse for ware. I let out a sigh of relief to know the bone wasn't damaged. Everything else checked out, though there was an odd sensation below my hips, but I would deal with that later. I found Jacob standing to the side silent, but looking horrified as his eyes were pointed upwards directly towards the ceiling.
Confused, I followed his gaze only to realize that when I had been startled, I had caused an unintentional 'magic' burst to shoot out of my horn that had left a burn mark on the ceiling and continued to sizzle slightly.
I snapped back over to Jacob who was still staring up and raised an eyebrow, "yo Einstein! Care to explain what's going on since you HIT ME WITH THE BUCKING WII REMOTE?!" I scowled as he finally snapped into attention. Oh I was angry alright, but not angry enough to actually do anything about it, yet... Despite it being unintentional, I still wanted to pound some guilt into the half dragon boy, even if he didn't quite deserve it.
He blinked for a moment trying to reboot as he opened his mouth to-
"Jacob called me thinking he'd killed you after the incident, and I came home and helped out before I picked up Ariana here." A feminine voice said, as a form walked into the bedroom.
"Mom?" I smiled as it felt good to see another friendly face admits the chaos.
Mom smiled as she handed me a water bottle and I took a few sips. Ah moms, never live without them.
Jacob finally broke the silence, "Yeah um, I wasn't really worried. You were still breathing and all. I just called your mom to be safe ya know?" He coughed as he glanced away guilty.
I just rolled my eyes and looked at him like 'really?' But let it drop as I turned to look at the other person in the room, Ariana.
Ariana is my younger cousin, and the most obsessed MLP fan I've ever met. (Though granted, where I live there are few 'actual fans' of the show since we live in such a small town.) She was roughly five years younger than me, placing her at thirteen, and was somewhat similar in appearance. The main differences were that she was somewhat chubby, round, and was legally blind despite wearing very thick glasses.
Her obsession with mlp is, to put it best, what fangirls are like when they meet Aaron Carter. In other words, she loved the show. To my knowledge, she's watched every episode there is, drawn the main six religiously, and of course created hundreds of OCs. Of course, being at her age, it was considered normal for her to like these types of cartoons. It was the people who were older, and often times male, that were commonly mocked for liking such things. She's been a fan of the show long before I even got started. I believe I discovered it around season 3, where as Ariana had been a die hard fan from the beginning.
The answer was fairly obvious why she of all po- erm, I mean people was turning into one, but I still had to know.
I rubbed my chin, "So when did you start becoming a pony?" I asked, as I stood up from where I was sitting and walked into the bathroom to straighten out my hair.
Whoa! I'm gonna have to be more careful with how I balance myself from now on!
I turned around to find I had indeed grown a brown tail to match my already brown hair as I simply flicked it back and forth until I could sway it to my walking rhythm to get to the mirror.
Ariana giggled as she hopped up and down in the bedroom where I could see her, while mom left us three alone. "Oh! Oh! That's easy! It was this morning!" She grinned as she had suddenly reminded me of a certain pink pony the way she was behaving...
Jacob grumbled as he slicked back his hair and folded his arms, "Long story short she called your mom because she had a some sort of 'magic episode' and turned her parents into fruit and then back again the moment she grew a horn." He explained.
I stopped brushing my hair after that and just stared, "Whoa wait. Hang on, So you just happened to pull an 'alicorn moment' like Twilight? What happened to your mom and dad?" I asked while looking at my own horn.
What trouble did I get myself into? Would I too have more magic fits?
"Well it turned them back after the fit died down, and then they called your mom thinking you would know something, but she didn't answer until this afternoon so they let me skip school until your mom could pick me up!" She cheered.
I snorted as I parted my hair a bit and noticed the hair line coming down further into my shoulder blades, "Well that explains it. Probably think this is some weirdo voodoo DnD stuff, so they obviously blamed me." I sighed as I turned around and my tail followed in rhythm. Gosh, this was weirder than my pony ears...
I thought back to my dream with Sunstripe... The changes were so painfully obvious now. The tail, the yellow horn, the white stripes. Was I really going to become my OC?
This lead me to another question I looked at Jacob who had said very little as he just stood in place unsure of what to say or do.
"Jacob..." I began as I got his attention, "Tell me... Did you ever watch mlp?" I said curious as a slight smirk curled across my lips.
His face turned bright red as horror dawned on his face. "What?! No! I never watched that nine year old's show! Why would you say that?!" He stammered as his face said otherwise as he looked away to hide the fact.
"Uh huh." I crossed my arms as I let a small smirk show now, I had him. "Just like the time with Owl City or Webk-"
"Stop! Ok! Ok! I did watch a couple of episodes! Hay, I even made a dragon OC alright?!" He shouted as he ran over to stop me from blackmailing him any further...
I smirked, "Thought so," I said as I sighed and rubbed my temple, careful to avoid my horn, "Well that helps clear up a few things... But I still don't understand why..." I hummed in thought.
"Understand what?" Ariana asked as she looked at me confused with those adorable green eyes. Gosh darn it! Why are ponies so darned cute?!
I blinked out of my daydream, "Oh. Well I think we're turning into characters we made, but I don't know why." I said.
The silence spoke numbers as the two just stared at me like I'd grown a second head.
Finally, Jacob broke the silence by screaming, "What?!" as he went hysterical. "What do you mean we're turning into cartoon creatures?! I just thought this was all some weird military experiment or something!" He hyperventilated as he looked at us and then back to himself. "I need-, I need some air." He huffed as he left the room and walked outside.
I started to stop him in order to explained better, but Ariana shrugged at me and grinned, "Well, one positive side of this is that he's pretty much indestructible as a dragon and I get live out the life of Berry Blast with my cousin." She grinned. Berry Blast, that's right. That was her first Oc she made if I recall. She had been going for a Trixie look with it, but I initially helped her come up with the name.
That made me wonder... Sunstripe was my only Mlp Oc I had created simply because I only wanted to have one for the sake of figuring about the best way to copy, I mean animate Hasbro's ponies. As far as I knew Jacob also only had one, but Ariana...
I groaned as I flopped down on the living room sofa, "Buck this. I don't think I handle dealing without having hands and bacon." I frowned as I pulled out my tablet and began to surf the web for answers...

A little while later Jacob finally came back in as the dog came out of his room to see what was up.
I had just pulled up some interesting news footage when I turned to see him looking sheepish as I noticed his appearance had took on a rougher demeanor.
"So, did you get some air?" I said as I dragged my eyes away from his pointy hands that were becoming much sharper now.
Jacob nodded as he sat down and mom came out with some muffins she was baking the whole time to lighten our mood... "Yeah, I thought about this for a while... Being a dragon won't be so bad, but I don't know how my sister will take it, let alone my parents." He groaned as he rubbed his face, "I'm going to be scolded all the time for making a character and for liking a girly show..." He sighed, as he stared at me and Ariana, "It's humiliating okay?" He said like we didn't get it.
I looked at him surprised, "Did I ever laugh at you for something like that?" I said as he stared at me dumbly, "No, I never did. But look, we can't change this now, we just have to continue onwards and hope for the best! Besides." I said as I held the tablet closer to the other two, "It looks like we're not the only ones..."
I pressed play on a video entitled 'Breaking news: Mass transformation of people into various creatures occurring world wide!'.

The video started to play...

When it stopped I scrolled down from the video and read aloud.
"What you see in the video before you is a home made fan video for a show entitled 'My Little Pony'. But unlike the video above, the scenario has become real. For some strange reason, people who have fallen in love with the show are now becoming the very same creatures shown above.
I honestly never thought that a show my daughter likes would end up with her sprouting wings and growing hooves... ~ Said Margret from a Facebook post earlier today.
This is just one of the thousands of concerned family members across the globe as hundreds of people are becoming ponies. In the United States alone, Health care advisers are baffled as millions of people are flooding in through their doors donning these pony ears or having horns sprouting out their skulls.
It is baffling the amount of cases we have concerning this mass genetic transmutation over here in Washington state. I had one patient come in with a hole the size of a golf ball running through his upper leg joint, yet surprisingly could bend and walk on it just fine! ~ Cameron, Nurse at Washington Medical.
Scientists are baffled by this, and without proper samples or any type of models to go on, are in a panic as they advise people to stay indoors as much as possible until they can diagnose if the problem is transferable to other people." I stopped as I continued to read alone for a moment.
Jacob snorted as he leaned back, "So what?! They just want to quarantine and sweep this all under the rug?! This is stupid! If millions of people are already affected, then what's stopping it now?" He rambled angrily as he ferociously bit into one of the muffins on his plate.
I shushed him for a moment as I held out my hand, "Listen to this." I said as I read on.
"One common report from those afflicted with this 'pony problem' is that many claim to have felt a massive power surging through them around the same time, in each times zone respectively, before the transformations occurred. In the midst of all the confusion, two people named Len and Andy have stepped up to take the blame for the entire incident, and have invited those afflicted to join them in Chicago at a convention center to discuss a way to fix the problem.
Though unlikely, these people are the only ones to have an apparent explanation for this particular crisis.
In other news related to the pony event, scientist Bill Nye has proposed a new philosophy o-"
"Wait stop! Read the part about the two guys in Chicago again!" Jacob interrupted as I sighed and read it over once more.
"It just says two guys in Chicago know something about this whole OC transforming thing and are taking the blame." I shrugged as I scrolled down some more to read.
"No! It said something about them hosting an event in Chicago to explain everything!" Jacob said excitedly as he leaned in closer to the screen and I had to move it so he wouldn't fog it up.
"Ugh, dude not so close!" I frowned as he apologized.
"Hey, do you think we could ride Jacob to Chicago since he's becoming a dragon?" Ariana asked excitedly as Jacob paled.
"What?! No! That is out of the question!" He scowled as he backed up and folded his arms, "Those guys in Chicago might have some kind of antidote for this whole mess before I completely turn, so N.O. You are not riding me." He said as I suppressed a laugh.
Mom chose this time to speak up as she had moved from the kitchen to close to where we were sitting.
"It's a long shot, but I think it's best we head to Chicago.." She said.
I blinked, was she seriously thinking-? "What?! Mom, no way! We don't even know if this is legitimate or not, and besides the police will start cracking down on anyone out and about!" I frowned as I thought this was a stupid idea.
Mom shrugged, "Maybe it's fake, but look at it this way... There's going to be lots of other people there with the same problem to compare notes with. Who knows, if we put our heads together we might figure this out." She grinned, "Besides, I've been saving up some money for a vacation, and it seems like the perfect time to fly out there." She smirked.
I groaned as I facepalmed. So this was it... "Fine... On the condition we get to enjoy the convention while we're there." I said, sealing my fate.
"Deal. I'll go book the flight right now." She said as she got up.
Behind me Ariana cheered, "Woo-Hoo! Vacation time!" She cheered as she pranced around.
I groaned as I face planted on the table in a vain attempt to block out Ariana's annoying cheer as she pranced around the living room.
"Uh, I don't know about this..." Jacob said nervously as Ariana continued to hop up and down.
"Road trip! Road trip! Road trip!"

Author's Note:

Sorry no Cadence in this chapter. :P
This story was already pretty long and I couldn't figure out a good place to write her in this time around. :/ Meh, just means that next time I'll work harder on giving her more screen time. :)

(Also, side note here. Big thanks to bluemoon1996 for setting the idea of how this whole pony transforming thing is dealt with. Seriously helped me to organize the plot here. So thank you! :3)