• Published 30th Dec 2014
  • 24,381 Views, 7,026 Comments

Legacy - NFire



A machine of war awakens in a new world. Can it become something more than it is?

  • ...
75
 7,026
 24,381

PreviousChapters Next
Pranks Ponies Play. City Nights.

Author's Note:

Many thanks to Wacky who helped me out of a tight spot.
As always, to you readers who are wonderful, sublime and awesome!:pinkiehappy:

My beloved Bard once wrote, “I am not bound to please thee with my answer.”

I chuckle as this hits home in so many ways. Stonewall’s reconstruction is going well, he is excited about being able to see out of both eyes very soon. I am glad for him. Although for some reason he keeps offering to pay for the treatments. I know who is behind this and I am going to get a bit of revenge.

--------------

At the apple stand, I get to sit with Applejack all day. I enjoy it, setting and saying hello to ponies I know, whiling away the hours. Plus it gives me time to think of an appropriate way to pull a prank on Twilight, I am given the opportunity almost immediately.

My link clicks on.

“Crusader?”

“Yes Twilight?”

“Just what are you doing?”

“Well currently I am downloading drone data while doing a maintenance sweep on my Dragons. I am also talking with Athena about hoarding cupcakes in her command deck, I may have to cut off her allowance. Also I am doing a nuclear weapons interlock check to make sure they do not go off for unknown reasons, that’s always a good thing. Also...”

“Nonono! What are you doing?”

I open the link with Applejack, making a ‘quiet’ gesture with my hoof as she looks at me curiously. I wriggle my eyebrows and give her a mischievous grin.

“Well right now I am with Applejack. Thinking about giving her a kiss whenever she looks at me, of course other things go through a mind as well...such as her Cutie Mark..”

“NO! I don’t want to know! I mean what are you DOING?”

“As in?”

“As in not charging anything for the medical services for Stonewall! We had this talk, at least charge something fair!” She is getting a bit exasperated.

“You think one bit was far too much? I can return it with no problem.”

Applejack’s muzzle is wrinkling as she is holding in a laugh with a hoof over her mouth.

“That’s not what I meant and you know it!”

“I know no such thing, I charged an amount and it is done.”

“You know what we talked about, that’s not fair.”

“Fair is fair, but I shall return the bit and apologize to Rainbow for overcharging, that is also fair I think.”

Applejack is snickering like a mad pony, listening to the conversation.

“I..Crusader.. you...AUGH!” The link clicks off.

I hold up a hoof, “Five...four..three...two...one..”

“Crusader?” Twilight’s link goes active again.

Applejack almost loses it, laughing softly.

“Yes Twilight?”

“I apologize, I didn’t mean to get angry there.”

“No worries Twilight, we all get frustrated some times. Returning that over-charged bit is a good idea too, thanks for giving it to me. I am sorry I angered you for charging an unfair price.”

“Wait..what? I didn’t say.. I mean.. Crusader you.. I’m going to tell Applejack!”

“I am sure she would appreciate your honesty, thank you for keeping me on the straight and narrow Twilight. I shall inform her of my nefarious deeds immediately and ask for my proper punishment for over-charging poor Rainbow.”

“Wait a second, I didn’t.... When did this.. how did you DO that?”

“Do what?”

I have to cut the mic on Applejack’s link, she is slapping the counter of the stand with a hoof and laughing out loud now.

“I’m going to...where are you?”

“I am not sure. Can any of us really know where we are? Or even who we are? Many great philosophers of the past have wondered that very question Twilight.”

“You KNOW what I meant, where are you?”

“I am currently one point three-two yards from Applejack, approximately four point two miles from Sweet Apple Acres, also I am currently a little more than a mile from my war hull. Which is looking quite nice these days by the way. Athena is approximately one point two miles from me, she is currently learning flying from Rainbow Dash.”

Ponies are standing near the apple stand, wondering why I am sitting there with a grin as Applejack is laughing so hard she’s holding her sides. I am a bit worried as she cannot catch her breath between guffaws.

“Crusader.....”

“Yes Twilight?”

“Stay right where you are, I’m going to find you!”

“Please do, I would like to find myself some days as well, is this an existential problem? I very much like those.”

The link goes dead with a chilling finality. I think I may have overdone it.

Applejack is wiping her eyes, they are tearing up heavily as she slaps the ground with a hoof.

“Darlin’ you just bought yourself a whole bushel of trouble.”

“I am thinking the same my Applejack.”

Princess Cadence pops in with a teleport spell, looking around the plaza and spotting us. She yells urgently, “DUCK!”

I do not hesitate, I grab Applejack and slip under the counter of the stand. There is a sizzling sound and apples are flung everywhere as Twilight teleports onto the counter looking around. Her expression tells me she is not in a laughing mood.

“Where is that little... I’m going to show him existential with a spell up his backside! One point nothing yards, I’m gonna bop his nose! Teach him to twist my words!”

She stamps a hoof on the wooden counter, yelling, “Come out here you..you...”

I peek out from under the counter, “Hello Twilight.” I am immediately confronted with a pointed hoof.

“You... Twist what I say will you..you..you.. con pony!”

“I assure you I was just being honest.” I can’t help but smile, her face is adorable when mad.

“Honest nothing!” Her eyes narrow at me as she leans close, “You know what I was talking about and you deliberately twisted my words! Stop smiling!”

Applejack peeks up from under the counter, she is grinning, “Hard not to Twi, you ain’t good at bein’ mad, you kinda get cuter that way.”

“I do not!” She stamps her hoof and glares around at the crowd of ponies who are nodding.

“Uh, actually you do Twilight.” Roseluck is raising a hoof, other ponies nodding beside her.

“What? I do not!”

Ponies are nodding emphatically now, “You really do.”

“Yep!”

“Sure do!”

“Eeyup.”

Twilight gets a disgusted look on her face as she steps down from the counter, the crowd nodding and agreeing with each other as they walk away.

Cadence comes up and hugs her, “That’s not a bad thing, being cute when angry. Come on, let’s go get some lunch.”

She turns and points a hoof at me, “You mister, are still in trouble!”

“Yes Twilight.”

She walks away with Cadence, still arguing about being cute when mad.

I am slapped on the shoulder by a laughing Applejack, “That was bad and you know it. Now help me get these apples.”

“Yes my Applejack.” I am still smiling though, I think I’m getting this humor thing.

-------------

Rust was sitting at one of the nicer bars in Manehatten. He liked it here, the hustle and bustle of everyday life was pretty good. This drink was pretty good, his job at the taxi company paid pretty well, he had it all right.

But what he really wanted, was that mare sitting at the counter next to him. Slim, the lines of muscles rippling through her body. She was a pegasus too, he’d heard they were pretty wild in the sack.

He’d been chatting her up for the last hour, and she seemed pretty receptive, although she was quite giggly. Not much of a talker, but for what he wanted, talking wasn’t required.

Running a hoof along her cutie mark he made his move, she nodded and smiled, leading him out of the bar to envious looks from other stallions. He stuck his chest out a bit, seeing the glances and feeling a bit full of himself.

The mare leaned against him as they headed to a motel across the street, renting a room quickly and piling inside. It was small, a by the day place, but comfortable enough for what he wanted. From her smoldering looks, it was definitely what she was hoping for as well.

Lights lined the streets as the night was young, ponies going to restaurants and bars as the two made their way to the hotel counter, the young mare rubbing hard against the sweating stallion as he passed bits over the desk, receiving a key.

The counter pony looked on with a slight amount of envy as he watched them enter the room. “Lucky stiff.” He thought.

She wasted no time, grabbing his hoof and pulling him into the soft bed, trailing her mane over him as she slowly moved her muzzle up and down his body. Her hooves were soft and insistent, taking off the tie he wore from work to hit the bar. They kissed, her muzzle pushing hard into his as she shoved him back against the pillows. She hopped on top of him and continued nuzzling, rubbing up against his shaking body.

He was breathing heavily as she stared down at him. Straddling his body as she pressed against him hotly. Oh the rumors were definitely true, he thought. He grinned, rubbing his hooves down her back, rubbing along the shapely backside.

“Don’t make me wait now.” He panted slightly with each word.

She giggled, her cyan eyes narrowing as she leaned against the stallion. She kissed him again and once more, her tongue dancing with his, wet and warmly inside his mouth.

He never saw the point sticking from her hoof as it dug into his chest, pushing deep as he tried to scream out in agony, stopped by the press of soft lips against his. The buttery golden mare’s body tight against him as he felt the point slide deeper. A warmth started in his body, spreading quickly to his outer extremities in a burning creep. He could do nothing but feel those warm lips, the eyes watching his as he struggled.

Her pink mane draped over him like a death shroud as she kept their mouths locked, seeing his eyes go soft, then gone with a faraway look. Inhaling his breath as if it were the finest wine ever made before letting his mouth go with a sigh and a smacking of her own lips. The stallion silent and motionless beneath her.

The pretty face pouted for a moment, leaving the stallion with one last peck on the cheek. She spent a few minutes making sure her coat was spotless and groomed as she slipped out the door with a smile, tossing her mane back as she looked up and down the street.

The night was still early and the city was full of ponies.

Wonderful, wonderful ponies filled with life.

--------------

On Manehatten’s Upper Side, the rich and the famous hung out to chat and network. In an apartment furnished with fine things, music was playing, a classical piece that warmed the atmosphere.

A white Unicorn mare stood over a new acquaintance, having met her in a local eatery that catered to an upscale clientele. The elegant pony that had just collapsed wanted to show her the apartment, maybe talk fashion just a bit before dinner, but it was not to be.

The supine mare struggled against the slow burn through her veins, tearing through her body like a manticore on a rampage. Her vocal cords paralyzed with numbness as the fire spread throughout her body, leaving her without breath.

Azure eyes were soft with a hint of glee, watching as a hoof reached out from the supine mare, hoping for assistance from her new friend who only stood there. A ghost of a smile on the lovely face as she watched the throes of pain tremble through the upraised leg. The hoof going limp, then slapping with a soft noise on the carpet as the struggle ceased.

The pretty face leaned down, ears perked as she tilted her head from one side, then the other. A gentle hoof traced a line down a cheek, wiping away a single tear with a soft laugh that aired itself in the quiet apartment.

Pushing a hoof against her elegant indigo mane, the Unicorn made sure it was in place, peering into an expensive mirror and making sure she was perfect for a night out. Exiting the apartment, then the building, she looked around with a smile at the lovely ponies out for walks in the brightly lit neighborhood.

Surely there was someone else who’d want to play.

--------------

It was a carnival in the huge central park of Manehatten, rides and booths holding every sort of entertainment were spread out over square miles of grassy, tree filled land.

This was one of the delights of the big city, always something happening and fun. It drew crowds like flies to honey. The smiles and delighted conversations swam and flowed around the wide park.

The rides were as awesome as magic and good engineering could make them. The delighted screams of ponies rang through the fairways as little ones ran to and fro, carrying cotton candy or prizes won in games of skill and chance.

A couple of mares and their dates followed a brightly colored clown pony, painted gaily and carrying tons of shiny balloons behind one of the booths, laughing and chuckling at the silly antics of the entertainer.

A few minutes later the clown reappeared, the foursome that had followed were nowhere to be seen as she brushed off a few specks of what appeared to be red paint off her hooves.

The blue eyes were glinting in the brightly lit areas of the carnival, the pink mane fluffed and wobbling happily as the clown bounced around. Her smile wide and toothsome, grinning at happy folks and looking for more customers

There were always more ponies who wanted a balloon and she would be more than happy to provide them.

More than happy.

PreviousChapters Next