• Published 1st May 2012
  • 6,031 Views, 290 Comments

The true Psychopath - The Psychopath



The Psychopath, a pony who has strange powers is going to come back because of Twilight Sparkle.

  • ...
13
 290
 6,031

Ten hooves under (Rewritten)

The giant doors of the castle walls stood tall in front of Twilight, preventing any entry within the grounds. Guards standing within the gatehouse saw the lavender unicorn and saluted her before disappearing from sight. Cricking sounds quickly followed the opening of a tiny portion of the gate just big enough for a single pony to go through. Twilight thanked them and stepped into the castle grounds. As always, the grass and bushes were perfectly trimmed and cared for in a perfectly concise and specific manner while the bushes were cut into many different shapes, some that were recognizable. The path Twilight walked on was a clean, cobblestone pathway paved with smooth, white stones and lined with rounded brick edgings.

Seeing such craftsmanship and care made Twilight wonder why Princess Celestia would ask for her specifically. It couldn’t be anything grave, could it? In her pensive moment, the lavender unicorn walked past two guards stationed at the entrance an almost didn’t notice all the ponies cleaning up the entire castle interior, but the distraction didn’t last long and she continued through the hall towards the throne room. Unfortunately, her loss of concentration proved to have a consequence as Twilight inadvertently smacked into somepony.

“Ow!” She rubbed her head. “I’m sorry about that. I’m kind of distracted right n-Princess Celestia!”

“Hello, Twilight.”

“I’m sorry! I wasn’t looking. I didn’t hurt you, did I?”

Celestia smiled calmly. “Of course not. You would have to do far worse than simply bumping into me to hurt me.” Twilight was about to start pleading for a way to atone, but Celestia put a hoof on the unicorn’s mouth. “I’m still glad that I can see you. I hope that nothing disturbed you during your travels.”

“No. Not at all.” Twilight smiled sheepishly. Celestia's suspicion broke her will rather quickly. “Well, there was this one dream…”

“Then please share it with me while we go to the needed place.”

Celestia was hiding her emotions behind a very well concealed veil of contentment, but Twilight felt so close to her teacher that she could feel that something was wrong and even somehow heard trembling in her voice, as insignificant as it might have seemed to the average pony.

“Well,” Twilight started. “I’m sure you’ve heard of it, but everypony in Equestria has been having bizarre...warped dreams.”

Celestia nodded. “Yes. I’ve heard.”
Twilight paused for a moment. “Well...I had one of them,” she trailed off.

Celestia looked at her with wide eyes. She was intrigued. “What was it about?”

“Well, there was some…” Twilight shivered briefly. “Some creepy smile accompanied by two pink swirls where the eyes would have been on a normal face. I didn’t think much of it, but then they started to talk.”

“Did they mention anything ‘illogic’?” Celestia asked.

Twilight was stunned. “Yes. How did you know?”

Celestia gave a long sigh and scratched the back of her head. “Then it’s a good thing I called for you, for the source of those dreams is why I brought you here,” the alicorn explained.

“Really? Is it an artifact of some sort? A trapped, evil being that you and your sister fought a long time ago?”

The alicorn chuckled. “No. Nothing of the sort. They’re harmless,” Celestia looked away to hide her worried expression. “Kind of…”

“Then where are they?”

“They’re in the dungeons; The lowest level of the dungeons.”

“I’ve been there before,” Twilight said. “I don’t recall seeing anything out of the ordinary.”

“That wasn’t the lowest level,” Celestia corrected. “We’ll go there now, so stay close to me.”

The trip was practically silent as Twilight dared not utter a sound within the dark chasms of the dungeon walls. The dank, sour atmosphere poisoned Twilight’s courage, and she almost felt like something had been creeping up on her during the whole trip. Flanking the two were cages guarded by a whole contingent of guards wielding spears ending in a split tip where electricity darted and whipped. They contained all manner of creatures, from ponies to gryphons to donkeys and even minotaurs. Their comments were less than pleasant but not something the passing mares needed to concern themselves with. The guards, however, felt differently, and a bit of ‘shock therapy’ helped a long way in ‘rehabilitation’.

While most of them had no interesting features, one cell attracted Twilight’s gaze. It’s occupant was a giant, red-orange stallion of a larger build than Big Macintosh; the only other large stallion Twilight knew. His mane and tail were a roughed up yellow color, and he had a long scar running from the tip of his head to the bottom of his face and crossing over both eyes in a diagonal. Its curve demonstrated how such a bizarre shape was possible. As for his cutie mark, it was an eye. Just a simple eye. If Pinkie were here she would make punny remarks about it, and Twilight groaned internally at the thought. Strangely enough, the stallion was blind in both eyes despite the cutie mark. It was rather ironic in a cruel way.

“Princess Celestia. Lavender unicorn,” he greeted.

Twilight stopped immediately and looked at him with a befuddled expression. “How did you know what color I was?” she asked.

“Blindness is just a term. It only reflects these eyes.” He gestured to both of his blind orbits with a hoof. “I was taught that there are ‘other’ eyes with which one can see. Just because a bridge is destroyed does not mean that there are no more ways to cross the chasm.”

“Twilight, we must be going,” Celestia said.

The unicorn nodded and hurried back up to her teacher, leaving the pony behind. Celestia looked back at the stallion with a stern expression while the pony himself remained on his flank; meditating.

“I hope you leave soon, Farseer. I don’t believe you deserve to remain here.”

The stallion said nothing in return and continued to meditate. The two ponies, however, had stopped at a dead end next to the stallion’s cell.

“Is there a hidden passage? A rune to help us teleport?” Twilight asked.

“No. Just a hidden passage,” Celestia answered calmly.

The lavender unicorn kicked the ground mentally. She felt disappointed and betrayed for some reason. Using her own magic, the wall regressed into the surroundings, leaving way to a tiny, closet sized, golden room.

“What is this?” Twilight asked as she scanned the location.

“An elevator. Come, Twilight.”

Twilight obliged and, with a bit more magic, the elevator started going down. Celestia hummed a tune unfamiliar to the unicorn, but the question boiling within her needed to come out or she would explode.

“Princess,” she started almost inaudibly. “why was that pony locked up? He didn’t seem to be mean, and you even said it yourself.”

Celestia sighed and nodded in agreement. “He isn’t mean. You’re right about that, but he was imprisoned on the grounds of murder. I’ve seen him before and know that he isn’t the kind of pony who would perform such actions, but he must be imprisoned until investigations deem him innocent.”

“I hope you’re right, Princess.” Twilight shook her head. “I don’t like those kinds of ponies.”

The elevator finally came to a stop, and just as the doors swung open, Twilight was hit gently in the chest by Celestia’s hoof.

“Please, Twilight. Be careful. The one held here is not to be underestimated.”

“Okay?” Twilight answered with a nervous smile.”

Once they stepped out, three guards completely covered head-to-toe in bulky, golden armor came to greet them. Instead of spears and sword, these heavy guards wielded tridents whose points glowed a faint blue. The helmets of the guards prevented them from seeing through anything but a long, thin slit on their helmets, and it was quite difficult but not impossible

“Princess,” one of them spoke with a very low baritone. “we are ready.”.

“Then release the locks,” she ordered.

Twilight was amazed by what she witnessed. Entire rows of stone walls receded into the sections next to them, and this continued for about twenty rows. At the end of it all, Twilight could see very thick, steel bars with what appeared to be a cocoon held aloft and attached via gray chains and leather rope to the walls and floor. It almost looked like the occupant had been captured by a spider, and the occupant was a butterfly. The colors nearly blinded Twilight.

As the two moved forward to meet said occupant, the guards hidden behind the rows of walls stepped to the side and came to attention as their ruler and her student walked by. This was accompanied by them dropping the base of their tridents onto the floor, causing a loud, metallic echo to permeate through the chamber. They were very respectful and well disciplined, and they should be. Only the most esteemed and elite of guards become heavy guards for the sole purpose of guarding this one prisoner, as strange as it might’ve been, but Celestia had her reasons not to employ nigh-indestructible war machines into broad daylight.

The pony in the cage became much more…’obvious’ in his appearance. It was a stallion no older than his late twenties. His coat was a mess of bright pinks and blues warped into a variety of shapes, much like the shirts of the ‘veggie movement’, Twilight thought. His mane was also a crazed amalgamation of colors and shapes. The same pinks and blues were here, but they were now accompanied by a bright green. Strands of his mane were straight, some were curled, and others zigzagged. It was a complete mess that was simply impossible to create. The stallion was built as a regular pony with nothing else apparently off about his shape, but that wasn’t really something Twilight could see very well considering what he was kept in and so had to make do with his neck. When he looked up, Twilight felt confused. His pupils were pink swirls with a blue iris in the right eye and a red in the other, and all this was complimented by an immense, white smile he was giving to his visitors. His cutie mark was drawn over the cocoon for some reason and appeared to be a swirl with a white smile over it.

“Isn’t this a little extreme?” Twilight asked.

“Not for this one,” Celestia grinned sadly.

She approached the stallion who had been mumbling to himself while staring at the ground. He had somehow been unaware of their presence despite them being in clear visual range.

“Psycho, it’s me,” she spoke in a soothing tone.

The stallion snapped his neck up then twisted it to the side, allowing only his left eye to see the mare in question, yet his smile never left.

“Tia-Tia! I’ve missed you so,” he cried. “How are you today?” he snapped to a joyous tone.

“I’ve been fine. Thank you for asking.”

“The stallion balanced himself back and forth as he looked at the two ponies in front of him,” Psycho narrated. “I’ve been just peachy, although I’ve only had plums lately,” he chuckled.

“ ‘Tia-Tia’?” Twilight repeated in rage. “You can’t talk to her like…” her rage suddenly receded and she squinted and approached the bars of the cage to get a better look at its occupant. “I know you from somewhere.” Her pupils shrunk when she realized just who she was looking at.

“Oh, it’s the cute pony again! How are we today? Come to join the Illogic, have we?”

Celestia stepped in front of Twilight and shook her head. “Nopony has come for that I’m afraid.”

Psycho stuck his tongue out and looked away from the alicorn. “You’re no fun. Party pooper.” He looked closer at Twilight and his eyes separated after a while. “Wait. Who is she again?”

Twilight felt insulted. “You know who I am!” she yelled. “Don’t act like you don’t. You’ve been terrorizing ponies all over Equestria!”

“Wasn’t me,” he started singing.

“But you’ve been entering dreams of ponies!”

“Wasn’t me.”

“I know it’s you! You look exactly like those swirls and smile in my dream.”

“Wasn’t me.”

Twilight started to rage and found herself being slid away by two guards as though she were a statue.

“So how’s Woona been?” Psycho asked. “Has she been pranking like I taught you?” he asked with a deviant tone and expression.

“She’s been doing great, and no. We don’t prank anymore.”

Psycho spoke with a deep, echoing tone of voice. “You’ve failed me, young potato-san.”

Celestia rolled her eyes and walked towards Twilight. “Can you help him?” the alicorn asked.

“Why? I...I hate him. He’s so annoying! And he’s absolutely insane!”

“I resent that!” Psycho yelled from afar. “I prefer the term ’Socially Distant’.”

Twilight bared her teeth again then looked up at Celestia and felt her anger melt away. The mare had become desperate, and Twilight could see it. Celestia clearly cared for this pony and was at the end of her rope, and considering her age, it was a very long rope. The unicorn withheld and grumble and reluctantly agreed. Celestia’s expression immediately brightened up and she thanked her student. After waving goodbye to Psycho, they two returned to the elevator and took the return trip.

“So, he’s annoying, he’s crazy, and I think he should stay here. What am I missing?”

“Well, he was a foal-sitter to Luna and I.”

Twilight couldn’t process what she just heard. “He-he was a ff-oal to you and…”

“Yes. A foal-sitter.”

“But that would mean--”

“Yes. He’s twenty-four years older than me.”

“How? He’s just an earth pony!” Twilight yelled in disbelief.

“I don’t know, Twilight. It’s still a mystery to me as well, but I believe it’s related to this ‘Illogic’. I’m just hoping you will be able to reform him.”

“I just hope he’s not like Nightmare Moon or Discord.”

Celestia nodded and remained silent for a moment. “We’ll wait until sunset, then both my sister and I will tell you the tale of our foal-sitter and why he’s there. You would find it interesting to be sure.”