• Published 1st Jan 2015
  • 507 Views, 15 Comments

In a Life Unspoken - Thunderstorm823



Due to Scootaloo's stubborn behavior she follows a man by the name of Midnight who's life is out of control. It's only a matter of time before it becomes personal.

  • ...
3
 15
 507

An Unexpected Meeting

The music blasted loudly through out the club to the point where no one would hear anything from inside. In a dark alleyway of the club the owner crawled away on the hard floor, very weak and terrified for his life.

The owner crawled as fast he could (Which isn't that good.) as tears streamed down his face from terror as he continued to shake, he turned back to see a man in a very dark jacket with a hood covering his head. "No..." The owner begged. "Please..."

The man in the hood walked quickly to him and picked him up, slamming him against the brick wall that connected to the club and held him there, gripping the owner's suit jacket. "You owe the boss money, where is it!" The man ordered.

"Midnight please! I'll have the money by the end of next week, I just need time!" The owner begged, struggling against Midnight's grip.

Midnight scoffed, pushing him harder into the wall. "He gave you a month to bring up the money, if he doesn't see it by the end of tomorrow he will do whatever he has to do."

The owner shook his head, gripping onto Midnight's wrists. "Please, I can give him half of what I owe him if it'll give me more time."

"He doesn't want half, he want's all of it!" Midnight got impatient and tossed the owner into the trash cans next to him causing the owner to fall face first into the dirty floor.

The owner groaned in pain as he felt himself be lifted up by Midnight, only to be slammed against the concrete floor. Midnight flipped him onto his back, picked him up again, and held him against the wall with a hand wrapped around his neck. "The boss isn't going to like you trying to pay him off, now you'll give him what you owe or so help me I will not hesitate to come back here and bring you to him myself!" He threatened.

The owner felt blood start to drip from his face as it was coated with dirt from the floor and began nodding his head frantically only to be tossed back to the floor. "Don't disappoint!"

"I promise, I'll get the money!" The owner continued to lay there, shaking uncontrollably as he tried to get back up.

Midnight let out a sigh and took off his hood to reveal his white skin, with dark short hair to match. "Don't make me come back here."

The owner stayed in the position he was in as Midnight took off back into the building.

Back in the club three girls laughed as they danced the night away, Scootaloo stayed next to Sweetie Belle and Applebloom as they danced. "I'm glad I went out tonight!" Sweetie shouted over the loud booming music. "It's been really fun!"

Applebloom smiled. "It's about to get better, trust me!" She responded.

Scootaloo got the two girl's attention. "I'm going to get us some water!"

"Okay! Hurry back!" Sweetie called out as she continued to dance.

Scootaloo began to make her way through the crowd and bumped into someone only to bump into another, she tripped and almost fell to the floor when she was caught. She looked up and found a man with a stern look on his face, but a smile formed across it. "You should be more careful!" He warned

"Thanks but I know how to take care of myself!" Scootaloo smiled back, she noticed him staring off towards the exit giving her an idea. "Have somewhere to be?" She asked.

"Well, I'm actually trying to catch up to someone! He had a little to much to drink..." Midnight turned around to notice the owner was whispering to security, Midnight knew he wasn't going to get out if he stayed any longer. "Look, it was nice bumping into you but I've got to go before he does something stupid." He walked past her, heading towards the exit.

"Okay, bye." Scootaloo sighed as she went over to the bar and got a few bottles of water.

As she got back to her friends she noticed the man leave in quite a hurry but she shrugged it off. "Here you girls go." She handed them the water and they all left the dancing crowd and sat in a booth.

"So, who was that guy you were talking to?" Sweetie asked as she got comfortable.

Scootaloo shrugged. "I don't know, he was more interested in leaving." She let out a long sigh as she began to open her own water bottle.

Applebloom was the only one who looked skeptic. "He looks familiar..." She said, taking a drink of her water.

Sweetie turned. "How so?"

Applebloom shrugged. "I don't know."

Scootaloo chuckled as she leaned back in her seat, lifting her feet to rest on the table in front of her. "Well whoever he is, I just hope he gets to his friend in time."

Applebloom and Sweetie tilted their heads. "What do you mean?" Sweetie asked.

"His friend had a little too much to drink and he said he was going to get to his friend before he did something stupid, to be honest I want to know how stupid." Scootaloo smiled as she began thinking.

"Well, tell you what. We can continue to stay here or we can go looking for this guy and help him with his friend." Applebloom offered.

"Nah..." Scootaloo brushed her hand through her hair. "I think he's got it."


Midnight had left the club and looked around, seeing his 'friend' in an alley across from the club and Midnight quickly headed over as his friend began to smile. "So, how'd it go with Scruffy?" His friend asked.

"He'll pay up." Midnight smiled, holding his hand out for a quick handshake. "I just had to do a little... persuasion."

His friend returned the handshake and gave him something during it. "If he doesn't pay up the boss tells us to trash his club, what do you think we should do?"

Midnight shrugged and turned back to the club. "I gave him a warning. So we go with what the boss thinks." Midnight sighed, letting go of his hand and shoved what he got in his pocket. "Better be the right amount this time." Midnight joked.

His friend smiled. "Well, well, well. Usually you rebel against him and try a different method, why the change of heart? And don't worry, that's the right amount. Forty bits."

Midnight shook his head with a smile. "Good, and considering I'm the boss's right hand man he lets me do my own thing once and a while. I've already used it up from the Dragons we are currently in a war with."

His friend turned to the club. "Alright," He turned back to Midnight. "I've got my own job to attend to, would like to join me?"

Midnight shook his head. "Nah, you go ahead I think I'm going to turn in for the night."

"Suit yourself. Hit me up if you want some jobs. Jaguars" His friend continued down the alleyway, leaving Midnight to take in a breather. The war against the Dragons and the Jaguars have been going on for a few months now, it had made a few headlines in newspapers. Midnight was a little angry for accidentally getting his face on the front page, luckily enough the picture was so blurry no one recognized him.

"You know... I could go for something to take my mind of things." His eyes drifted till he noticed the girl he bumped into leave the club with two others, heading in a direction of the Dragons territory. "Hmm..." Midnight began to think, if they came across one of them it wouldn't end pretty. Midnight slowly exited the alleyway and began to follow the girls.

After a long walk with her friends, Scootaloo had broken away from them and headed down a shortcut that seemed to be deserted. She sighed in relief for finally getting some alone time to enjoy the darkness but soon stopped dead in her tracks as she was blocked off by a shadow in the distance. As Scootaloo would expect, the shadow began to walk towards her.

She backed up and turned around only to bump into another, she jumped back and was viciously grabbed on the arm. "Get off of me!" Scootaloo struggled, pushing the figure in front of her.

"Come on... we're just looking for some money and we figured a pretty girl like yo-" Scootaloo responded with a hard slap to his face.

The shadow behind her was now closer and pulled Scootaloo's hair back. "That wasn't very nice."

"Hey!" The two turned to see Midnight. "Let her go."

"Well, if it isn't Midnight." The guy holding her hair let go and smirked. "Why don't you just... walk away." The guy threatened.

Midnight walked forward, giving off an intimidating stance. "Make me."

"Well I can guarantee you won't be walking away, much rather crawl." The man smirked.

"I should say the same to you." Midnight knew the kind of people these guys were, they were part of his rival gang: The Dragons. Always threatening, cocky, and really stupid when it comes to small crimes. "Well I can guarantee you will end up in a hospital bed, much rather wake up in one." Midnight joked. The man swung his arm towards Midnight but he leaned back to dodge his attack, Midnight brought his hand up and gripped the man's wrist. Pulling it back and twisting it a way it shouldn't bringing the man down to his knee, only to have one connect to his chin making him fly back.

The other threw Scootaloo to the ground as he came after Midnight who smirked at the man's anger. "You shouldn't be messing with unarmed people, to be honest it just makes you cowards." Midnight said to get under his enemy's skin.

"You son of a-!" The man brought his foot up and pushed his leg forward but Midnight grabbed it and brought his elbow down, injuring his knee. The man grunted in pain and fell on his back, after a moment the man tried to get up but then Midnight instantly socked him back down. Knocking him cold.

Midnight slowly came back to his senses and sighed while shaking his head, he turned to Scootaloo who was having trouble getting up. Midnight walked over and helped her. "You alright?" He asked sincerely.

"I'm fine..." Scootaloo held her head. "I hit my head on the ground..."

Midnight took a look and didn't notice any damage. "You're not bleeding, I don't see a mark nor a bump."

"That's good... Who are you?" Scootaloo asked as she looked up at him, remembering who he was and softly smiled. "You just kicked some serious ass there." She mentioned.

Midnight chuckled at the compliment. "My names Midnight, do you need any help getting home?" He asked.

Scootaloo shook her head "No, thank you by the way."

Midnight backed away with his hands up. "No problem." He shoved his hands in his pockets and gave her a reassuring smile. "What's your name?"

Scootaloo looked up at him and groaned, rubbing the spot where she bumped her head. "Scootaloo." She answered. "I got to get home..." She turned and began walking away.

"It was nice meeting you." Midnight kindly said.

Scootaloo kept walking but waved.

Midnight turned around and began walking in the other direction, stepping over the bodies that laid injured and continued down the road but then he stopped. He turned his head back to look at her again before returning back, with a soft smile.

Scootaloo on the other hand was confused on why he had helped but soon exited that thought, he saved her that's all that matters. She then looked around, looking to see if anyone was around before hurrying to the giant building in front of her. As she got up to it, she softly opened it not to make any noise. Unfortunate for Scootaloo, she was still living in the Ponyville Orphanage but got used to it after a few years. She headed up the stairs and closed the door to her room behind her, she let out a soft long sigh of relief and headed towards her window. She was living on the second floor on the very edge of the building, she slowly unlatched her window bringing up and letting the cold breeze pass her skin. She loved the wind, the soft gust of it pushing past her hair gave her satisfaction. After a few minutes of feeling the wind she closed her window and sighed and headed towards her bed getting under the covers. She stared at the ceiling remembering this day as she slowly drifted off to sleep, where Luna awaited to watch over her.

Author's Note:

And with that starts a good story I've been wanting to write for awhile, as progress is made so will your questions become answered. ~Enjoy :moustache: