• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,094 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,094

PreviousChapters Next
Alarm - Adda le Blue

"You up, Twilight?" Spike called through the door. He'd learned not to walk in without permission when Rainbow Dash was staying over; any assistant would after having to dodge two thrown almanacs.

She'd awoken just before his first knock, as usual. Part of her felt as though she was still dreaming. Her mind was full of cotton, her limbs were heavy, and her entire body was warm. Hot, even. Sweltering. And why couldn't she move?

Slowly she turned her head to see a rainbow of color on her shoulder. Rainbow Dash was still snoring away, her wind-chapped lips just barely parted and vibrating slightly with each breath. Her eyelashes twitched as Twilight made an effort to twist her body. Twi had gotten used to the weight of her wing - more than used to it - but this was something new: Rainbow Dash had somehow managed to pull herself on top of her in the night.

Twilight lifted the wing with her free foreleg. Rainbow's head on her shoulder blocked much of the view, but her forehooves were wrapped around Twi's barrel and their hindlegs were tangled. Twi could feel the weight of Rainbow's hips upon her thigh, She tried to shift that leg to move Rainbow to a more manageable position, but it didn't respond; it must have fallen asleep as soundly as Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow," Twi whispered softly. She pushed the wing upward with her free forehoof. "Wake up, honey."

The wing pushed back. "Rrn," Rainbow protested cutely. She hugged Twilight tighter to her chest. Her heart beat slowly in this perfect moment. "Fi' more minutes?"

"But Rainbow Dash, I have a lot of work to do today," Twi argued. The prospect didn't seem as tantalizing as it usually did. "First I have to organize the overnight returns and... well, you know by now how much work goes into opening the library, and after that there's a certain spell..."

A delicate snore cut her off.

Twilight sighed patiently, but her patience couldn't last. "Get off of me, Rainbow Dash," she complained.

Rainbow smiled in her sleep. "Love you too."

Twilight opened her mouth to repeat herself, but the words failed her. She looked down at Rainbow Dash; she was still smiling, still snoring, and still as wonderful as ever.

After a moment Twilight pulled the door open with her magic to see Spike standing diligently in the hall. "Five more minutes, Spike," she whispered. He smiled, shrugged, and wandered off. Twilight buried her free hoof in Rainbow's mane and held her close.

She breathed a sigh and let the time measure itself out in Rainbow's heartbeat.


In no time at all Spike's head appeared around the door. "That's five min--"

Rainbow reached for an almanac.

PreviousChapters Next