• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,095 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,095

PreviousChapters Next
Miss - ankyo

Rainbow Dash stepped out of the shower, shaking most of the water from her fur, and drying the rest off with a towel from the stack of clean towels that had been provided. With a careless flick of her hoof, she threw the wet towel into the hamper.

One of the event coordinators poked his head in, “Miss Dash, the press conference begins in five minutes, if you could please hurry.”

“Yeah, yeah,” she said, unable to hide the slight growl of annoyance that crept into her voice. This was more than enough to send the stallion scurrying with his figurative tail between his legs.

Yanking the door of her locker open with slightly more force than was necessary, she grunted when it rebounded and smacked her in the face. Biting back a curse, she gently grabbed the solitary fixture of the locker, a thin silver chain looped through a simple gold ring, in her teeth and with a deft flick of her head slipped it around her neck.

Trotting out of the locker room, she made it to her place at the press conference with plenty of time—a full 6 seconds—to spare. “Glad to see you could make it,” the captain said dryly.

“Hey, since when have I let you down?”

He grinned, “Well, there was that one ti—” She shot a glare at him. This only had the effect of widening his grin.

“Anyway, we probably ought to go in,” he said, indicating the frantically motioning coordinator.


The press conference proceeded normally, with the captain fielding all the questions. Captain Slipstream had attained his position around the same time that Rainbow Dash had joined the Wonderbolts. While most ponies had assumed that Soarin’ would be next in line for captaincy, he had decided to follow Spitfire into retirement.

Overall, she reflected, that was probably better...unlike Spitfire, I don’t really hold any hero-worship for him.

“...and now, the pony that you’ve all been waiting to talk to. My new lieutenant, Rainbow Dash!” he exclaimed with a flourish.

“Miss Dash! What does it feel like to now be a lieutenant?”

“Uh, well, it’s pretty coo–” she started, with a slight tone of annoyance.

“Miss Dash! How long did y–” started one reporter before being cut off by another.

“Miss Dash! Is it true what they said in the Foal Free Press? That you aren’t actually a daredevil!”

“How did you even get your hands on that? It’s been at least 5 years since that article cam–”

The cavalcade of questions continued for at least five minutes before the pegasus finally reached her breaking point.

“Miss Dash!”

“That’s enough!” Rainbow Dash yelled, slamming her hooves onto the table. The din of the reporters was immediately silenced.

“It’s Mrs. Dash,” she stated positively icy tone, “Or can you not recognize a wedding band when you see it? Now if you do not have any more questions...” she stated in a tone that indicated that whether or not they wanted to ask more questions, they would not be allowed to do so.

Luckily for the reporters, they decided that discretion was the better part of valor and withdrew.

She threw a disgusted look at her superior, who was currently rolling around on the floor in paroxysms of laughter.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone scare them so much,” he managed through the chuckles.

“Har-de-har-har.” she said, rolling her eyes. “Absolutely hilarious.”

“Speaking of your wife, where is Twilight?” he asked, concern coloring his voice, “I would’ve thought she would be at your first performance after being promoted...”

“She had an interview for a grant she was trying to get,” she waved a hoof dismissively, “she said that she would cancel the interview to come watch, but I told her she didn’t need to. Besides,” she added with a somewhat less than innocent smile, “a private celebration for my promotion is much more fun.”

PreviousChapters Next