• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,093 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,093

PreviousChapters Next
Sleep - The Mysterious N

Not many ponies thought much about sleep, it was simply a part of daily life, or a routine. Lay down in the evening, and rise in the morning with the sun. You could say that there was no such thing as a sleep expert. Twilight said the closest thing was Princess Luna, who helped facilitate sweet dreams for all of Equestria. Too bad it wasn't true.

Rainbow Dash hated sleeping. If she wasn't training, or hanging out with her friends, then she was asleep. So much time was wasted, lost while she lay blissfully unaware. It was a curse really.

Having been born with a form of narcolepsy, she couldn't help it. Suffering from minor EDS, or Excessive Daytime Sleepiness, she'd quickly learned that fighting her body's urges was not a good idea. Looking like a zombie, and falling asleep at the most inopportune times were not good for her life expectancy. So thus she was forced to take daily naps. Sometimes on a cloud, other times in a tree; much to Applejack's annoyance.

The worst part was that her stubborn pride kept her from telling everypony about her condition. If she was going to make it into the 'Bolts, then she had to be perfect. No weaknesses, nothing that the other competitors could use to get a wing up on her.

But Rainbow Dash was reaching the end of the line. She couldn't do this anymore, it wasn't fair to her, her friends or anypony else. It was especially unfair to Twilight.

So that's how she found herself sitting in the library, explaining her condition. Twilight took it well, mentioning she'd had her suspicions. Rainbow was thankful for that. So they worked out a plan, she was welcome to come to the library and get the sleep she needed.

That's what she was doing right now, curled up in Twilight's embrace. Her marefriend's lavender hooves wrapped around Rainbow's midsection, breath tickling her nape. The warmth she felt coming off the unicorn was simply amazing. As she lay there, slowly drifting asleep, one thought remained.

For once in her life, Rainbow really didn't mind her condition. If it meant Twilight was with her, then maybe it wasn't such a bad thing after all...

PreviousChapters Next