• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,094 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,094

PreviousChapters Next
Burnout - CalmNQuiet

Rainbow Dash collapsed backwards onto her flared wings — panting hard. She reached up with a trembling hoof and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Crossing her legs, she rested her hooves behind her head with a satisfied smile.

Today started out perfect. She got plenty of rest and opened up the morning with a delicious breakfast of fresh juice. Avoiding heavy food in the morning was her secret to beginning every day with a bang right out of bed. A shower usually followed, it was important to wash all the sweat off from her early morning workout lest she suffer through endless provocative stares.

Refreshed from the shower, she set off to do the duties planned for the day. More cloud pushing. She didn’t always enjoy cloud pushing. But now, shoving her body against the soft cushiony surface and sliding those round clouds all over the place was bliss. She didn’t know why she enjoyed it so much, but she figured it because of her brightened outlook on life.

Even lunch was better these days! Normally, she’d just casually scarf down her meal. Now, she took the time to enjoy it. She buried her muzzle into her hot meal and savored every little bit. Twilight couldn’t really cook, but it didn’t stop Twilight from giving her the best lunch she could procure every single day. Rainbow Dash loved it.

The afternoons were reserved for showing off the latest tricks to Twilight. She demonstrated her super corkscrew spin and Twilight would gasp in delight. The Double-Fly-By always enchanted her marefriend and left her stunned. And of course, every so often she finished with her trademark Rainboom, splattering the colors all over. By the time night rolled around she was pretty tired and wanted nothing more than to eat and get to bed.

She snapped back to reality and snuggled up next to Twilight with a grin. “Burned out yet?”

Twilight panted heavily, her mane a mess, her fur completely matted and messy. “Nnn...can’t move.”

Rainbow Dash laughed and kissed Twilight on the nose. “I guess I win.”

Twilight groaned and pushed over the first copy of the latest Daring Doo to Rainbow before falling asleep.

PreviousChapters Next