• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,091 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,091

PreviousChapters Next
Sixty Minutes - Incredible Blunderbolt

I bit my lip as I finished my thirty-second lap around the waiting room. Groaning, I steered my head back to the spot on the wall that had garnered most of my attention for most of my time here. The clock read nine forty-two.

Fifty-five minutes.

Almost an hour.

It had been almost an hour since they'd taken her into that room—the one with screams of blood-curdling agony ripping through the walls. They wouldn't let me in with her. "Too many unknowns," they'd said. "We've never dealt with this kind of circumstance. We need all the space we can get."

After that, they locked me out here.

Alone.

To wait...

Celestia had said that it would be dangerous—maybe too dangerous. Nopony had ever done it before, but Twilight wanted to, and by Luna, she set her mind to it and Celestia helped her out. Now, I could hear her screams echo down the halls, each one sent shivers down my spine.

Hang in there, Twi. It's gonna be okay...

Fifty-seven minutes...

The screaming stopped. A doctor in a white coat opened the door. "Miss Dash?" he said, peering around the room.

"Over here," I answered.

The doctor motioned me closer. "Now," he said softly, "It's not exactly pretty in there... Try not to cause any undue stress."
I nodded and pushed my way passed him. On the other side of the door lay Twilight, white bed-sheets covering her figure. I stepped inside and walked over to the side of her bed.

"Hey, Twi," I whispered, "How ya doin'?"

Her tired eyes drifted up to meet my own. The amethyst orbs said it all: pain. Lots of it.

And peace... A quiet kind of tranquility drifted around in there too.

In her embrace, a little bundle wailed. Twilight pushed a scrap of blanket off the face of a deep indigo pegasus. The foal cried and cried and cried.

And so did I—

At minute sixty...

PreviousChapters Next