• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,096 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,096

PreviousChapters Next
Secrecy - CplHenderson

Twilight walked through the summer streets, gentle sunlight warming the evening sky. As amazing as the sky was, with all of its pinks, yellows and oranges, her mind was buzzing around who was waiting for her at home. A smile grew across her face as she imagined how she would spend the time that night.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Rarity asked, oblivious. She was walking with her, the two having visited Fluttershy together earlier in the day. Rarity peered at Twilight’s face. “What’s gotten you so happy, Twilight?”

“What? Oh, um,” Twilight stammered, trying to think up an excuse, “I was just looking at Ponyville. With this sunset, the sky really is beautiful.”

“Isn’t it?” Rarity said thoughtfully. She sighed. “It’s a shame that ponies don’t enjoy sights like this more often. Always bottled up in their homes, never simply enjoying nature.”

Twilight giggled. “Well, those two certainly look like they’re enjoying the sun,” she said, pointing at a mare and a colt sitting on a park bench, staring at each other intently.

Rarity smiled. “I’d say they’re more focused on one another then on the setting.” She let out a rueful sigh. “Oh, how I wish I had somepony to spend time like that with.” She looked curiously at Twilight. “How about you, Twilight? Do you have your eye on somepony?” Twilight started slightly, which Rarity picked up instantly on.

“You do?” She squealed in a very unladylike manner, “Oh, do tell me who it is! Who is the lucky colt?”

“No, no! I don’t like anypony!” Twilight said defensively. Rarity winked.

“Of course, Twilight, of course,” she said. She shook her head and smiled. “Well, we best be off our separate ways. I’ll see you tomorrow, Twilight.”

“See you, Rarity. I’m just going to stop by that new candy store on my way home. Spike would love some.” Twilight turned to leave, but Rarity stopped her with a single hoof.

“You don’t want to go there, Twilight.” She said seriously.

Twilight was surprised. “Why not?” She replied, wondering what could possibly be so bad.

Rarity leaned close into Twilight’s face. “I heard that the owner of that store is a... fillyfooler.” Rarity said, whispering the last word. Leaning back out, she turned and started to walk away. “Well, see you, Twilight!” She called out in a final greeting, leaving behind a conflicted unicorn.
As Twilight continued her walk, this time on her own, her thoughts turned to the mare waiting for her at home. As much as she loved all of her friends, she knew that she could never tell them about her relationship. They simply wouldn’t accept it.

Twilight opened her door and stepped into the library, where she was immediately greeted by Rainbow Dash.

“Hey, Twilight!” She said, her smile carrying a hidden meaning, “I was wondering if you could help me study for my Weather Manager’s exam?”

“Sure,” Twilight returned the smile. She lay down next to Rainbow. “Spike is away tonight. We have the whole library to ourselves.”

Rainbow laughed, wrapping her wing around Twilight’s body. “We’ll have to hold off on that, egghead. I do need to study for this exam.”

Twilight smiled and snuggled in, levitating the book in front of her. She sighed. It didn’t matter what her friends, or the rest of the world, thought. She had Rainbow Dash, and that was enough.

PreviousChapters Next