• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,082 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,082

PreviousChapters Next
Fish - SomeponyTheVectorer

The sky-blue pegasus stood stock still, soothing water from the gently running stream cooling her from the hooves up, a cooling summer breeze gently blew her prismatic mane from her eyes. She paid it no mind, for she's been stalking her prey now for the past fifteen minutes, eyes following as her target was lazily drifting in small arcs around her hooves, waiting for the opportunity to strike.

It's not common knowledge, but pegasi are able to eat and digest fish, in fact, it's taught as a survival tool during flight camp, should a pegasus find him or herself lost at sea or in environments with little to no vegetation, though it's not known for its taste. Rainbow Dash was neither in a situation where survival tactics needed to be employed, nor did she particularly enjoy the taste of fish, hay, she didn't need to catch them for Fluttershy, however she loved a challenge, and what greater challenge could there be of catching something which had a mind of its own?

So here she was, waiting, watching, calculating, anticipating, and even if she wouldn't admit to such an 'egghead' ability, studying the fish, a fairly sized rainbow trout, coincidentally, her wings twitching slightly, she had barely moved them since she started, a state which they weren't all that used to; Rainbow wanted nothing more to stretch her wings, but any sudden movements, or making her presence more known may scare her prey off, and she didn't want to do this for another fifteen minutes.

Suddenly, as the fish circled around a particularly large pebble, she struck, relying on her more avian instincts to guide her mouth to her target- only to come back with a mouth full of dirt. Desperately, she spat out the contents of her mouth, sputtering a panicked "No!" as she struck again, and again, each attempt getting wilder as the trout easily evaded her attempts. Panting as she came up for breath, she searched wildly for target, spotting it and shooting it a glare while it... blew her an underwater raspberry?

"That's it!" she cried, leaping towards the fish. She collided with the ground, finally closing her jaws over the slimy, flailing creature. "Awr Yerh. Hry Twrr! Er got irt!" she triumphantly called with a mouth full of fish so fresh, it was still alive and struggling.

Twilight Sparkle was less than amused. "Rainbow Dash! Spit that out immediately! I don't want tthe taste of fish in my mouth for the rest of the afternoon," the lavender unicorn called back from the Picnic blanket she had been laying on, the entire afternoon.

Oh, Dash thought dejectedly as she spat the fish back into the river with a small 'ptoo' sound.

Oh!

PreviousChapters Next