• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,094 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,094

PreviousChapters Next
Wicked - Loyal

Ponyville lay behind the two of them, one a pegasi, the other a newly-ascended princess. Over the rushing sound of wind ripping through the air, Twilight could barely hear Rainbow Dash's hollered instructions. Still, they carried to her, borne on that wondrously tomcoltish voice that nopony else could mistake as anyone other than the brash pegasus.

"Remember to keep your eyes focused on the horizon! Tuck your forelegs and don't forget to flex the anterior ligaments! Just like we practiced, Twi!"

"Right!" Twilight hollered back, setting her sights on the distant horizon, gritting her teeth in preparation.

"Just like you practiced, Twilight." A brief memory of the past few months spent training with Rainbow Dash came to her, borne on the gossamer wings of nostalgia and more than a few ciders.

'Can't get distracted by her flank just yet.' Twilight grimaced as some other not entirely unwanted memories resurfaced. Pushing those to the back of her mind, Twilight flapped harder, gaining speed until the wind drowned out even Dash's shouted encouragements.
Slowly, Twilight banked to her left, tilting until the world seemed to slide sideways, the pit of her stomach dropping down to say hello to her tail.

She kept tilting, focusing on the horizon. Her wings adjusting to carry her downward momentum through the roll and back up again. For a brief moment, the world was right again, and then it slid back into the bizarre as she entered another upside-down spin. And another. And another!

It felt like her bones were rattling insider her coat, and the horizon became harder and harder to focus on. Vertigo set in, but Twilight saw it out. She had practiced this dozens of times over, with Rainbow Dash right there to see her through it all.

’I have to do it. I have to finish this; for Rainbow Dash!’

The world snapped into clarity as Twilight pulled out of the aerial maneuver, her heart soaring just as high as she and her lover; high into that wild blue sky that stretched on forever above them.

"TWILIGHT!" Dash jetted up along side her, wrapping their hooves together in a midair hug. "That was your first aerial trick! You were so cool! That... that was WICKED!"

Twilight frowned at her.

"How can a barrel roll be malevolent?"

Dash just face-hoofed.

PreviousChapters Next