• Published 6th Jan 2015
  • 3,096 Views, 62 Comments

TwiDash Prompt Collab - TwiDashCollabs



Mini-stories of everyone's favorite pegasus and unicorn-turned-alicorn ship written by TwiDash group members.

  • ...
13
 62
 3,096

PreviousChapters Next
Nightmare - Nebula Star

"TWILIGHT!"

The familiar voice calling her name made Twilight snap her head up despite the protests of her battered body. No! Don't! she thought seeing Rainbow Dash speeding toward her through the shattered windows of the throne room.

Chrysalis had heard the cry as well and smirked as she turned toward the windows, a wicked glint in her eyes. Desperately, Twilight struggled against the hold of the two changelings that restrained her. She couldn't watch another friend die, not her, not Rainbow! Nearly a week in captivity, a week of being starved and tortured, had taken its tole, however. Try as she might, she couldn't break free of the changelings' hold on her.

She watched in terror as Rainbow drew closer. Their eyes met, and in that moment Twilight's eyes begged her to save herself, to, just this once, leave her behind. It was something Rainbow could not do. And it was already too late.

Chrysalis stepped in front of the window, the two snakes coiled around her raising their heads to watch the approaching pegasus. Then the gem on the white snake's head glowed brightly as Chrysalis's horn glowed with the same golden light. A beam shot out, faster than any spell Twilight had ever seen. Rainbow was hit in the center of her chest. The impact reversed her momentum, throwing her back away from the castle, smoke trailing from her body and her wings whipping limply in the wind behind her; already unconscious or worse.

"RAINBOW!" Twilight cried, lacerating her already raw throat as she watched her friend fall past the edge of Canterlot, plummeting into the valley below.


"Twi, Twi! Wake up!"

Twilight's eyes shot open. Somepony had their hooves around her. For a moment she struggled against her captor.

"Twi! It's okay! It's me!"

The voice was familiar. Twilight froze and looked up. In the dim light of the air ship's cabin she could just make out locks of red yellow and orange hair above rose colored eyes that looked back into hers with love and concern.

Without a word, Twilight threw her hooves around Rainbow, and clung to her, burying her face against Rainbow's neck. She trembled as Rainbow held her, gently stroking her mane.

"It's alright, Twi; you're safe," Rainbow whispered softly. "I'm here."

Twilight couldn't stop trembling, however. She could clearly feel the scare on Rainbow's chest, reminding her all too well, that her nightmare had been far more than just a dream.

PreviousChapters Next