• Published 20th May 2015
  • 316 Views, 5 Comments

Linkin Pony Recharge: Chasing the Sun - Kaciekk



The not so distant future, where Equestria has been neglected, a young Unicorn trys to understand the way the world is while maturing and trying to make his father proud.

  • ...
3
 5
 316

Chapter XXV: The Revolt

Author's Note:

I'm only uploading this because I remembered I have a little bit left of this story. It will never be finished sadly. I never had the motivation to finish it.
And most of my motivation and inspirtation is gone in general. I miss him... I miss the good days where I was happy. I want to let him live on in HyperBlitz.

Beep. Beep. Beep. The annoying sound grew louder and louder. I tried to identify the source.

I nudged Dad’s side. “Dad, I think your watch is beeping.”

He turned over. “Huh?”

“Your watch.”

“Oh.” He searched the nightstand to the right. The noise finally ceased.

Dad announced, “Everyone get up. Alright boys, get your things together. We may have to grab our bags and go if things get crazy. I want to leave today.”

We all awoke. I ate the rest of the carrot Crow gave me. I sensed something was wrong. Dad must have sensed it too as he checked the time.

“That’s strange. GearClank usually would have gotten us by now.”

“Hey, be thankful he hasn't,” HyperBlitz blurted out. “It gives us more time to wake up.”

“But,” Dad warned, “what if something went wrong? What if GearClank knows we’re planning. What if something happened to Crow?”

“Eh, it gives him more distraction.”

I joined, “But I don’t want anything to happen to Crow. He’s nice.”

Dad nodded. “And we need him to make our plan work.”

“Should we go check?” I suggested.

“Probably.”

“Well, as long as I’m not being ordered to do work, I’m not doing any,” Hyper concluded.

“Me too!” JumpingJolt agreed.

I followed Dad through the camp. What we suspected was true: GearClank was interrogating Crow. At first we stayed low and listened.

“I thought ya trusted me.Why ya questionin’ me?” Crow defended himself.

“I know what's going on,” GearClank confirmed.

“Whaddya mean?”

“You’ve been talking will all sorts of ponies.”

“And what ‘bout that? I always be talkin’ to ponies. I tell them good mornin’.”

“You’re lying.”

“I ain’t lyin’!” Crow stomped his hoof.

Dad stepped in. “Hey! Why do you keep picking on others?”

GearClank sneered. “You’re one to talk. Why don’t you mind your own business?”

“Because you keep accusing ponies and bullying them.”

As GearClank was focused on Dad. Crow eyed me. He gave me a nod and mouthed ‘I got this’.

“Stop that!” Crow snapped at Dad. “I don’t need nopony defendin’ me. ‘Specially not one who’d been here only a week. You don’t know how it work here. There’s no fighting GearClank, he’s in charge.”

“That’s right,” The other Pegasus affirmed. GearClank was on Crow’s side now and did not question him anymore.

Dad backed away. “Fine.” We retreated.

GearClank shouted “You better get back to work or I’m taking that pretty little leg of yours!”

Dad whispered to me, “Tell the guys they should get to work.”

I played his command. I popped my head in the room door. “You guys should come out so GearClank doesn’t get you.”

Since we may leave, I think I should collect some magic aid.

“Why do you need to many?” Arcane asked.

“Because um… I don’t want to keep coming back for more. It’s a hassle to me and it bothers you.”

“Oh, alright.” The potionest gave me the elixirs in a bag.

Going out, I was called by the black and white amputee pony.

“Uh- um… you.”

“Yes?” I said.

“Y-you,” He spoke quietly and timidly. “I’ve heard… it’s a rumor… you- and your friends- you want to like, l-leave? You want ponies to go against GearClank?”

I nodded.

“B-but he’s powerful. I ... would help but… I’m t-to afraid.”

“Don’t be,” I assured. “We’ll have numbers on our side.” I sounded more confident than I feel about this.

“O-okay.”

I headed to the room. I packed the potion away with my other stuff.

For a while I continued to ‘work’, waiting for something to happen.

I found Crow. “So how is it going? Are you okay.”

“Yeah, I’m fine. GearClank still think I’m on his side. But when he don’t know is there plenty o’ ponies ready to betray him. There so many ponies I thought were his followers. They been waitin’ for a moment like this.”

“That’s great!”

We resumed cleaning and following orders. Crow told me stories of his brother and how great of a guy he was. The Pegasus lamented on missing him. It made me sad, but it filled me with determination to take down GearClank.

“But I’m just a colt,” I insisted. “How can I even help beat him?”

“Ya probably influence more than ya think. When I was yer age, I was everythin’ to my brother. I influenced his choices, everythin’ he did was for me. I’m sure that’s how it like with you and yer father.”

Just as we were talking about him, I heard my father’s voice. “GentleSketch. come with me. Crow, can you get some ponies to gather in the left clearning?

“Yes, I sure can.”

I trailed. “What’s going on?”

“I think we have a chance to strike,” The grayish blue Unicorn told me.

At the end of the path was GearClank interrogating the young mare named DesertDash. The sand coated pony was huddled on the ground, her eyes struck with fear.

“Get your shit together!”

“I’m sorry!” DesertDash pled.

“Sorry isn’t good enough.You had one job and you failed it.”

“It was a mistake. It won’t happen again!”

“Damn right it won’t,” GearClank hissed.

Dad broke in, “What the hell is this about?”

“Not you again,” GearClank grimaced. He rushed over and slammed his hooves down on Dad’s shoulders.

“Why is he doing this to you?” Dad barked at DesertDash.

“I-I sent a pony to the wrong station. It was a mistake!”

“That’s all?” Dad scowled at GearClank.

“One mess up is a lot in my camp,” The olive colored stallion informed.

Dad wrestled free of GearClank’s grasp. “Why do you keep fucking controlling them? This isn’t your camp.”
“Yes it is. They need my guide. I am their leader.”

There were ponies gathering now, some brought by Crow came from the path behind, some came from the clearing on their own.
“You’re not doing a very good job as a leader,” Dad stated.

“I’m doing the same as RainbowDash did!” GearClank claimed.

“RainbowDash wasn’t… isn’t a rogue. She may have been close to one, but she isn’t. She never bullied ponies or took control of them. She is a real leader unlike you.”

“How am I not a real leader?” GearClank challenged.

Dad reorientated himself. “A real leader works alongside their followers, encouraging them to learn. And they don’t abuse their powers.”

The crowd mumbled in an agreeing tone.

“I’ve had enough of your ridicule.” GearClank raised his rifle, pointing at Dad.

“Not this again. Put that thing down.”

Dad swerved the weapon away with his magic. GearClank tried to pull away from his grip, but accidentally fired in the process. A pony in the assembly collapsed with a scream. They bled from a hole in their foreleg.

“Oh my gosh!” Dad gased. “I’m so sorry.” He swiped his head to GearClank. “Don’t you care about what happened?”
GearClank had a blank face. “Why should I?”

The crowd muttered in a uniform disgust.

“Somepony get this mare a doctor! We need to wrap the wound and stop the bleeding,” Dad advised.

“Now you're ordering my ponies around?” GearClank denounced.

“I’m only doing what’s best for them,” asserted Dad.

“No you’re not! You’re a fucking hypocrite!”

GearClank punched Dad in the chest. Dad returned with a blow to GearClank’s jaw. The mob gasped.

“That’s it!” The Pegasus bellowes. “Crow! Take his leg!”

“No,” Crow said firmly.

“What?!”

“I said ‘no’.”

“You’re just denying me now?”

GearClank huffed. “Fine. RiverRush! Take his leg.”

Behind the crowd, the rust colored stallion only glared.

“Wasp?”

The mare beside RiverRush did the same.

“GracefulWaltz.”

The teal Unicorn approached him. “I’ll take his leg as long as you don’t mess up his pretty face.”

“I can’t keep a promise.”

GracefulWaltz came to Dad. “I’m sorry, baby.”

“I’m not your baby.”

Beside that, Dad seemed pretty calm of the fact she was trying to remove his leg. Little did she know that tools were needed to remove it.

“What are you doing?” Dad yapped, pushing her away. I don't think he was referring to his leg.

GracefulWaltz cooed, “I’m sorry GearClank, I think this is just going to difficult.’

A grey coated stallion emerged from the ponies. “I got this.”

“Oh no you don’t,” Dad grumbled and blasted the stallion in the face.

The foe bounded back at Dad with GearClank. Crow leapt out to aid, throwing the grey stallion to the side. I tried to find a place as everypony shifted. Some went to fight, some (like me) were too afraid to move. Allies of GearClank quarreled, but it was obvious there were more rebels. I imagined the allies were only fighting out of fear.

I heard gunfire. For a split second I feared for Dad, but realized it was Crow who had shot his opponent in the hip. A Unicorn choked Wasp with magic. She slammed them with an armored hoof, giving them a bloody bruise. I was petrified . There was so much violence at once.

Another louder shot was fired in the air, followed by GearClank yelling with his Pegasus lungs. “STOP THIS!” Burning yellow eyes scanned the line of rebels left to right. While showing off his rifle his express, “Stop this instant or I’ll shoot all of you!”

Hooves clattered on a roof behind me. HyperBlitz called out “Give up! You’re outnumbered.”

GearClank turned slowly, teeth bared. His gun was pointed right at HyperBlitz.
“What? You’re going to shoot me?”

“No,” GearClank concluded. He peered down. “I’d rather go for where it started.” His weapon now aimed at Dad. My father stood tall with a stern expression.

In a panic, I broke into a sprint and shielded Dad. I had no idea what the hell I was doing.

“GentleSketch, get out of the way!” Dad addressed.

“No,” I said under my breath. At GearClank, I announced, “Y-You wouldn’t hurt a colt.”

“You know I would,” He said. This was true.

“You can’t shoot my dad! I won’t let you!”

“Just watch me. You are pathetic”

“I am not pathetic! None of these ponies are! Together we are stronger than you! You are an idiot to think not!” I may have raised my voice, but my heartbeat sounded louder than my words. “I’m sick of your abuse. I’ve been physically sick of it. You treat your ponies like shit and then call yourself a RainbowDash? You are nothing but a big fucking jerk that deserves a hoof up his throat!” I stopped, beginning to breathe heavy.

“GentleSketch…” Dad muttered in shock.

GearClank looked between me and Dad. He tilted his head and squinted his eyes at me. I felt a cold hoof on my side trying to push me away.


“Just please go-”

GearClank clicked his gun, aimed at me.

“No!” Dad thrusted his body foreword, about to push me.

With a burst of the rifle a sudden pain surged through my upper foreleg. I cried out in agony. Dad held me as I fell to my haunches.
“GentleSketch!”

I glanced at my arm, erupting into tears as I saw the crater into it. The bullet had swiped across my arm, cutting a good half inch out of it.

“How could you do this to a colt?” Dad sneered.

“The same way I’d do it to a stallion,” GearClank answered.

Dad glanced at his mechanical foreleg. There was a whole all the way through it, but it still functioned.

“Dad…” I sobbed. “You said… y-you wouldn’t l-let anything.. bad happened to me!”

“No, no. I’m sorry. No… Sketch. Please I-”

“Get his gun!” HyperBlitz shouted from above.

“What?” GearClank was not expecting Crow to shove the rifle down. GearClank Stuggled for control but only fired into the ground.

“Ya gonna run outta bullets,” Crow mocked.

A pony came down to the right of me. “Here,” Arcane prompted. “Drink this. It will help with the pain.” He handed me a potion. The Amputee pony was behind Arcane, carrying bandages in his much.

The hysteria was on again. Everyone went after GearClank but he was skilled in maneuvering. An ally of his started shooting. While the camp ponies fled from the gun, GearClank got away to Dad.

“You know you can’t win! They are all against you. You’ve proven the monster you are,” Dad announced, standing up.

“It’s time to end this.” The evil buck placed the end of his rifle to Dad’s temple. Dad froze. Everypony froze, knowing it would only make it worse to move. It was silent except for Dad’s heavy breathing.

“Dad…” I cried, as my arm was being bandaged.

“Just… stay… there…” Dad said.

GearClank got a better grip of his gun, a olive green hoof over the trigger.

“NO!” I bounced up, swinging my head with the motion. A spectacle of orange exploded between Dad and GearClank. Magic threw the weapon out of GearClank’s grasp. It landed more than thirty meters away. Ponies held back the now defenseless rogue.
Dad stared at me, bewildered. “Oh my gosh…”

“P-please sit down… we are not done bandaging…” The amputee requested

I remembered my pain and sat down again.

“GentleSketch,” Dad gaped, “that was incredible… that’s the second time you’ve saved me.”

“But the first time, I didn't save your life.”

“You still saved me.”

GearClank bucked and punched and even bit at somepony’s ear. His allies consisted at pulling the rebels away from him. The Pegasus wrangled free and sprang into the air.

“You aren’t taking me down! I’m not going down unless it’s by my own gun!” He raced into the clearing, the crowd respectively after him.

The corrupt rogue leader slammed his hooves on a wooden stage. “Now listen here. You have all crossed the line. If you think it’s over, you are sadly mistaken.” His allies positioned themselves in front of the stage like Celestia’s royal guards. Their guns pointed at the crowd. “We don’t have to make this scene any bloodier than it already is,” GearClank claimed. “Let’s go back to the way things were.”
“But we don’t want to!” Somepony blurted out, I think RiverRush.

I heard one of the guards’ guns click.

“Speak anymore and you’ll be dead.” GearClank threatened. Why was he giving so many chances? He should be completely fed up with them by now.

“Okay, I think you’re good now,” Arcane told me about my condition.

I hopped up, in direction of the crowd. I felt a snag on my tail.

“I’m not letting anything else happen to you,” Dad donned.

“But I-I.” Glancing around. I realized HyperBlitz was nowhere in sight. “We have to find Hyper!”

“Hmm.” Dad slowly paced to the back of the audience. I could only see GearClank from the neck up now.
“Any other comments?” He scowled.

“Yeah!” Shouted anonymous. “Stop being a fucking dick!”

Bang. My heart stop for only a moment, unlike that pony whose heart stopped forever.

The crowd’s mumble grew into a cacophony. They chanted and curse at him. A Pegasus lept out of the mess and dived at GearClank.As I could see between the mob, GearClank took their head and bashed it against the hard wood stage. Blam. That pony stopped breathing.

The corpse’s blood covered his hooves and chest. The stallion laughed. “You think you are all so smart. I’ll have you all dead. Only those who obey me deserve life,” His laugh grew louder and more maniacal. “I am not afraid of blood. It is always welcome in my realm. You should see the looks on your faces! You puny, pathetic-

The crackle of a rifle sounded. Red exploded out of GearClank’s left temple. The volume dropped to nothing.