• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 6,821 Views, 64 Comments

FLUTTERMOM - BubblePuff



Fluttershy raises a baby changeling.

  • ...
8
 64
 6,821

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I did not intend for this story to be in multiple chapters. The more I worked on it, the ideas I had to put in it.

FLUTTERMOM

BY

BUBBLEPUFF

Fluttershy walked out of her cottage into the warm spring morning. She was greeted by butterflies and hummingbirds. “Good morning my flying friends!” Fluttershy said with a big smile. It was feeding time, and she was serving breakfast to all of the animals. Fluttershy fed all of her animal friends, saving Angel Bunny for last.

“Ok Angel Bunny, breakfast time” Fluttershy walked up to Angel Bunny and offered him a carrot. Angel Bunny just turned his head. “Now Angel, we’ve talked about this. You can’t have sweets for breakfast. Besides, carrots are good for you” Fluttershy dangled the carrot in front of Angel Bunny, but he swatted it away. The carrot rolled downhill into a bush. “Angel, what am I going to do with you?” Fluttershy flew down to retrieve the carrot. As she approached the bush, Fluttershy could see something inside of it. Fluttershy reached into the bush, and was surprised at what she pulled out. “Oh, my!”

Fluttershy held in her hooves an egg. But it was unlike any egg she had seen before. It was black and green in color, and parts of it were transparent. “You poor thing. Let’s get you inside and warmed up” Fluttershy brought the egg inside her cottage. She wrapped it in a blanket and then placed the egg in a basket. “I wonder what kind of animal layed an egg like this” Fluttershy thought to herself.

For the next few days, the majority of Fluttershy's attention was on the egg. She constantly made sure it stayed warm, and turned it every few hours. This began to annoy Angel Bunny, who was feeling ignored. One day Angel Bunny had had enough. He grabbed the egg from the basket and lifted it over his head. Fortunately, Fluttershy took the egg away from him before he could smash it. “No! Bad Angel Bunny!” Fluttershy said in harsh tone. “This egg has done nothing bad to you! You should ashamed of yourself!” Angel Bunny looked down at the floor in sadness. Suddenly, the egg began to move in Fluttershy’s hooves.

“Oh my goodness, the egg is hatching!” Fluttershy said with surprise. A crack appeared along the side of the egg as whatever was inside began pushing it’s way out. “Come on little one, you can do it” said Fluttershy in a kind motherly voice. The egg finally burst open, and when it did, Fluttershy stood in absolute shock. Sitting in her hooves was a baby changeling.

Fluttershy didn’t know what to do. She just sat on the floor, frozen with fear and shock. Memories of the changeling attack on Canterlot during the royal wedding came flooding into her mind. Fluttershy turned her head and shut her eyes tight. “P...please don’t drain me!” she said said with fear in her voice. The baby changeling looked at Fluttershy with it’s big, oval eyes. It then hugged Fluttershy’s hoof and smiled.

Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes, and turned her head to look at the young changeling. “You’re,,, not going to harm me?” The baby changeling then started sucking on it’s own front hoof. At that moment, Fluttershy could see that this wasn’t some monster that threatened Equestria. It was a harmless, innocent newborn. Fluttershy brought the baby changeling close to her chest, and hugged it lightly. “I am so sorry for being scared earlier. You’re actually really cute!” Fluttershy said with a smile. Angel Bunny could not believe what he was seeing. He ran to grab some crayons and paper. Angel Bunny then drew a picture of the changeling attack on Canterlot and showed it to Fluttershy.

“Angel Bunny, those were bad changelings” Fluttershy responded. She looked down at the little changeling that she was cradling in her front legs. “This one is just a baby. I know that if I raise him right, he will turn out to be a good changeling” Fluttershy nuzzled the baby changeling, causing him to giggle. “Now you just need a name. Hmmm” Fluttershy thought for a few moments. Her face lit up as the perfect name popped into her head. “I shall name you Buggy. Do you like it?” Buggy let out a squee and nodded his head. Angel Bunny just sighed and rolled his eyes.

A week had passed, and no pony had seen or heard from Fluttershy. Her friends were becoming very worried. Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight all met up at Twilight’s palace.

“Where could Fluttershy be?” Rarity said. “Fluttershy never misses our daily spa appointments, but she hasn’t been in all week”

Applejack spoke up. “And what about my farm? Fluttershy said she was going to talk all of the gophers into moving somewhere else”

“What about me?” Rainbow Dash interjected. “Fluttershy was supposed to help me train for the upcoming marathon in Cloudsdale”

“Fluttershy said she would bring her famous cookies to Gummy’s almost birthday party, but now I have to until his actual birthday next week!” Pinkie Pie said jumping up and down, with Gummy chewing on her mane.

“Girls, calm down” Twilight said. “Fluttershy is very busy at her cottage taking care of all of her animals. Maybe she just forgot?”

“Well I say we march over to her cottage to find out what’s going on” Rainbow Dash said.

“I agree. Something isn’t right” Applejack replied. Rarity and Pinkie Pie joined them in heading over to Fluttershy’s cottage. Twilight sighed as she tagged along. She had a bad feeling about what was going to happen.

Meanwhile, over at Fluttershy’s cottage, Fluttershy was teaching Buggy to walk. “Come on Buggy, you can do it!” Fluttershy said with an encouraging tone as she stood at the other side of the room. Buggy laid on the floor. He began to stand, his odd hole covered legs wobbling. “That’s it, you’re doing great!” Fluttershy said with a warm smile. Buggy took one step forward, and then another. It took Buggy a few minutes, but he successfully walked across the room to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy picked up Buggy and hugged him. “You did it! I’m so proud of you!” Buggy smiled and nuzzled Fluttershy. At the same time, Angel Bunny sat in the corner and glared at Buggy. He was upset that Fluttershy was giving him so much attention. Suddenly, Fluttershy heard a knock at her door. Fluttershy set down Buggy and went to answer the door. She opened it a few inches, and saw all of her friends standing outside.

“Fluttershy, where have you been? We’ve all been worried sick about you” Twilight said.

“Oh, Ummm” Fluttershy hesitated. “I’ve just been very...busy”

“With what?!” Rainbow Dash blurted out. “You were supposed to help all of us, and instead you’ve been holding up in your cottage. What’s going on in there?”

Fluttershy became worried. She didn’t want her friends to find out about Buggy yet. “Uh, Angel Bunny has been sick, and I’ve been taking care of him”

“Well why didn’t you just say so?” Applejack said. “We know how much he means to you, so we’ll just leave you be until he gets better”

“Thank you. And thanks for stopping by” Fluttershy waved goodbye to her friends and shut the door. She then let out a huge sigh of relief as she wiped the sweat from her forehead. “Whew, that was close”

A split second later, Pinkie Pie came bursting through the front door. “Fluttershy! Are you still going to be able to make to Gummie’s birth-” Pinkie Pie paused in mid-sentence as she looked down and saw Buggy. Buggy smiled at Pinkie Pie and flapped his wings.

Fluttershy could only respond by saying “Oh, dear”