• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 1,117 Views, 4 Comments

A Gift for One - SmilingKittens



many one shots of ponies treating their special someponies on hearts and hooves day

  • ...
3
 4
 1,117

Twishy

If you read the first chapter, you know that Rainbow Dash was asleep at first. Well, guess what? Fluttershy is too. Yet she was dreaming of litter critters bouncing along the moorside, their noses twitching and their tails flouncing. She was with them, in fact, and was bouncing along with. This dream made her happy inside, almost as much as Twilight made her. She then remembered that it was Hearts and Hooves day, the day where most couples would celebrate. Sadly, Twilight had to attend to princess business in the crystal empire, so they could not celebrate. Fluttershy didn't mind this, though, for she had animals to take care of. She woke up then, knowing that she had to feed her animals. She trotted downstairs in her tiny cottage and opened her pantry of animal food. She ate a few crackers herself as she approach a note on the table.

Hey Fluttershy,

I'm sorry I can't be with you on the most romantic day of the year, but I love you. I know you have owl food so I didn't bring any over. He will come over if he's hungry. See you tomorrow, sweetie, and have a wonderful day

Twilight

Fluttershy's heart swelled just to see her marefriend's hoofwriting. She put the note back down on her table and went outside, hooves full of food. She scattered food about the animal pens for her critters to eat. She hummed a tune to herself as she fed the animals. She did this everyday and she enjoyed it. She saw couples passing by and waved to them as they went along. She had to admit, she was sad she couldn't spend the day with Twilight, but she had a job to do. She finished her work when Twilight's owl came by. She quickly got owl food and placed it besides him. The owl dropped a note from his beak and started to eat while Fluttershy read the letter.

Hey Fluttershy,

I decided for this day that I should treat you to a surprise, so I have a series of clues to get to your surprise. Here is the first one:

Go get yourself a treat, it's all on me.

Fluttershy pondered at the clue, but not for long. She knew that she had to buy a treat at Sugarcube Corner. She said goodbye to her animals as she flew to the bakery. She was greeted by Pinkie Pie, Bouncing up and down with glee.

"Hey Flutters! Twilight sent you here?" Fluttershy nodded. "Great! Pick out whatever you want!"

Fluttershy decided to go with the usual. "Just a lemon tart with apple juice."

"On the house!" Pinkie shouted as she brought it over within seconds. "Your year-younger-than-you auntie is always here to help!" Fluttershy just rolled her eyes as she started to eat at a table. She picked up her glass when a note fell off from beneath it.

Enjoyed your meal?

I hope you did, I mean it is your usual. But from this apple juice came an apple, and the apple from a tree. You know where to go next.

"Ooooo! What does it say?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"That I need to go to Sweet Apple acres," she responded. She said goodbye to Pinkie Pie and then flew to the farm, where Applejack was bucking trees.

"Howdy Fluttershy!" she said. Fluttershy responded back and asked what she was doing here.

"Well to help buck apples, of course!" Applejack said. Fluttershy had helped before, so she didn't need the run down. The pegasus started buck, lighter than her friends. Eventually, on one tree, a note fell out.


Are your legs sore?

If they do, that's fine! You need a bit of a treatment, anyways. It is a Rare occasion.

"Rarity at the spa," she said after a good minute. She said goodbye to Applejack and flew to the spa, her body getting tired. She was greeted by not only Rarity, but Aloe, Lotus, and a full on spa treatment. It was relaxing to say the least, and the two ponies went to the counter for the bill.

"I got the bill, darling, but you have to signed it," Rarity said. Fluttershy was confused. They never had to signed the bill. She slowly took the receipt and say a note written on it.

Gotta love those spa ponies, do it perfect every time. Unlike a pegasus we know, who crashes eventually.

Fluttershy stared at the note in confusion. She knew who the pony she should meet was, but where should she go? She decided to trot outside to look around for her friend, when she was suddenly hit by said pony.

"Oh, sorry Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash said. "Can you help me pick up my things!" Rainbow Dash had dropped a slew of items ranging from feathers to beads to a note. She picked up the note and read it.

Well, that was fast, no pun intended! Well, I'm the only one of our friends you haven't seen, so come to the castle!

Fluttershy was excited to see her marefriend and flew quickly to the rainbow castle. She landed in front of the door to see Twilight there, with Spike of course, and flowers grasped by her magic on her left side, and a ring on her right.

"Hey Flutters. I never had any business, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to be my wife." Fluttershy pulled her now fiance into a kiss as she whispered.

"Yes."

Author's Note:

I find it funny that Pinkie calling herself auntie, although being the youngest, is weird to the show. I mean, my mom was an aunt before she was born because of older siblings, so it could happen.:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright: