• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 1,115 Views, 4 Comments

A Gift for One - SmilingKittens



many one shots of ponies treating their special someponies on hearts and hooves day

  • ...
3
 4
 1,115

Pinkiedash

Rainbow Dash was asleep.

That's what ponies do at night; sleep.

It's quite a simple thing, filled with wonders and dreams, or fears and nightmares, and it never fails to surprise Dash. She, in fact, was dreaming of flying. Soaring through the clouds, she was lighter than a feather on her wing. The cool breeze would blow through her hair, and clouds would tickle her nose and body. She had this dream quite often, for she loved flying, and what would be better than to dream about that? Sometimes, she would be accepted into the highest position in the wonderbolts, or she would save Equestria with her awesome SONIC RAINBOOM! But tonight, she was just flying. No typical Rainbow Dash action or suspense, just peace. The clouds slowly turned into a magenta shade, with curls that reminded her of her special somepony, Pinkie Pie. She let the earth pony's hair ingulf her body with love and joy, and then she remembered something. Though it was not soon enough for her special somepony to.

"RAINBOW DASH!"

Rainbow woke up to her nice fleece bed with a drool stained pillow. "Huh? Pinkie Pie?" The pink earth pony was at the bedroom doorway with a cart next to her. A apron and chef hat on the earth pony and the smell of pancakes everywhere.

"Happy hearts and hooves day, silly!" Pinkie Pie said with a light boop on the pegasus's nose. "I made you breakfast. For you in bed! Breakfast in bed!" She squeed as Rainbow Dash positioned herself upright in her bed. The cart was closer, with 17 pancakes on a pink, swirly plate. Eight of the pancakes, Pinkie Pie's of course, were all silly shapes topped with whipped cream as the faces. They were scattered with rainbow sprinkles, just the way Pinkie like it. The pegasus turned to her nine pancakes, which all were heart shaped with butter and maple syrup. Blueberries topped them off with a single drop of honey on top. Man, Pinkie knew what she wanted and how she wanted it.

"You did this for me?" Dash asked with a warm smile.

"Of course! It's a day for us and I wanted it to be great!"

Rainbow Dash leaned in and pecked the earth pony's cheek. "Love ya, Pinks."

"Love ya too!" she responded with a big smile. "Anything for my Dashie!" That made the pegasus blush while she started eating the pancakes, and Pinkie did not hesitate to start eating hers.

After the mares finished, Dash started to begin her plan for the day.

"Pinkie, I have a surprise for you, but it will require flying."

Pinkie waved a hoof, "I'll just take my Candycopter 3.9!"

"No, Pinkie," Dash said. "You're coming with me." The pink mare had a look of confusion and Rainbow Dash led her outside. The pegasus went airborne and held out her hooves. "C'mon, you can trust me!" The other mare put her hooves in Dash's and was lifted off the ground. The pegasus held her while flying at a moderate pace. They past fluffy clouds and other pegasi.

"WEEEE! This is so fun, Dashie! Thank you for doing this!" Pinkie Pie screamed. The pegasus blushed as they slowly landed on a grassy hill outside of Ponyville. The two mares lied down in the grass and looked up at the clouds passing by.

"Hey!" Dash said, pointing a hoof. "That cloud looks like a rabbit!" Pinkie Pie agreed that it did, indeed, was a rabbit.

"But that one is an apple!" she pointed out. They continued pointing out different shapes in the clouds until Dash thought it was the right time.

"Hey, Pinks. I have the surprise now, but you can't see it first. I'll tell you when you can," she said. Pinkie closed her eyes as Dash soared to the clouds, spinning them. She formed one into a circular oval, with a similar shape inside it with cloud in between. She flew down to a bush where she hid a box the day before, and grabbed it. Now she opened the box to make sure no one stole it's items inside. She sighed a relief when they were there and took the note out of the box and closed it again. She placed it by Pinkie's hooves and told her to open her eyes and look down and read the note. The other mare did as she was told and read the note aloud.

"Look up." She did so and saw the cloud that her special somepony had made. "Hey Dashie! That one looks like a wedding ring! Dashie?" she asked as she turned around to the pegasus.

"Yea, like the one I'm gonna put on your hoof," she said as she held out a box. It contained a ring with a note attached that read.


Will you marry me?


The earth pony teared up with happiness and threw herself to Dash. "Yes! A thousand times yes! I love you Dashie!"

Rainbow Dash returned the hug. "Love ya too, Pinks."