• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 597 Views, 7 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link between Worlds - Forgotten Legends



Trouble brews in Equesrule as weird paintings appear all over, and worse still this egotistic artist wizard begins turning sages into paintings. Will the hero of legend rise once more?

  • ...
10
 7
 597

Chapter 1 Late for Work and making a Delivery

Shining Armor lay in his bed sleeping unaware of the time. As he slept he was unaware of his blacksmith master’s son rumble entering the room. Rumble saw shining in bed sleeping soundly and knew his dad would be upset if Shining didn’t get his flank over to his dad’s place.

Rumble stood next to Shining’s bed and yelled, “WAKE UP SHINING!!!!”

Shining shot upright at this yelling, “I’m up!”

Shining looked over to see rumble at his bed, and sighed glad it wasn’t his master. As he got dressed quickly, and met Rumble outside his door. The two quickly ran to the Blacksmith shop, and Shining went in. As he guessed his Blacksmithing Master Thunderlane was furious.

Thunderlane yelled at him in a stern voice, “Shining you need to get here at the crack of dawn each day, it’s almost noon now.”

Shining stared at the floor and replied, “Sorry sir.”

Thunderlane looked over at the table and saw that the guard captain forgot his sword when he left a bit ago. He guessed that the captain had been thinking about Rarity the sage from the church.

Thunderlane looked at his apprentice and said, “If you deliver that sword to the guard captain, I’ll let you being late slide.”

Shining look at him with a look of joy and replied, “Of course master thank you.”

As shining ran up to the castle he saw the gate man looking worried. As Shining walked up to the guard he noticed that the gate was closed meaning the captain wasn’t back yet. So he headed to the church and saw Rarity and Braeburn the gravedigger and groundskeeper talking.

Rarity noticed Shining and asked, “Shining is there anything I can do for you?”

Shining explained that the captain left his sword back at the blacksmith and the guards back at the castle were worried about him.

Rarity looked at the sword and shook her head before saying, “That captain is in there asking my dad if he can marry me. I’ll go get him for you.”

As she did the doors slammed and sealed shut as a scream of terror from Rarity was heard.