• Published 27th Dec 2014
  • 2,675 Views, 105 Comments

Laughter or Darkness - Starlitomega



It seems like an easy choice, doesn't it? However, when you've spent a thousand years away from other ponies, the darkness can be comforting. It will take a lot of work to drag Luna out of the darkness, but one pink pony is up to the task.

  • ...
9
 105
 2,675

Epilogue - Best Birthday Gift Ever!

"Hurry! Double time, cadet!"

A young, vibrant recruit, new to the royal guard, galloped down the regal halls of the castle. His gilded hooves moved in a blur as he ran with every ounce of strength he could muster. Every few steps, he would glance behind him at the approaching mob, his eyes growing wider each time. "Captain! I don't think I'm gonna make it!"

His superior officer reached out from behind the makeshift barricade. "Silver Shoes! They're right behind you!"

"Captaaain!"

Iron Strike pulled his hoof back as the cadet fell to the mob behind him. His wailing echoed throughout the halls as the horde smothered him bodily. Not content with having the young recruit as their plaything, a few members of the rabble glanced up at the captain, still peering over the dining room table he and his unit we're forced to use for cover.

"Gentlecolts," Iron Strike started, "I think our time is up."

His subordinates visibly trembled as the echoing hoofsteps came closer and closer to their position.

"Captain! What do we do?" a younger soldier pleaded.

"Fun!"

Their eyes shot up at the pink pony, balancing precariously on the edge of the table.

"Fun!"

"Fun!"

"Fun!"

Three more of the pink troublemakers joined in, jumping on the first one's back until they stood atop one another, a tower of mischief.

The captain removed his helmet, placing it over his heart. "Celestia, have mercy on our souls."

The tower of Pinkies predictably lost their footing, falling on the captain and his soldiers. Several more pink ponies hopped over the table, smothering the guard ponies in pink and fuzzy manes. Celestia threw open the giant double doors and barged into the room with several Pinkie's in hot pursuit.

"It's Mutiny! Regicide! A coup!"

The solar princess stared in horror as a Pinkie skidded and ducked in front of her with a mischievous grin. With no time to react, the princess tripped over the living trip hazard and tumbled to the ground. She had just enough time to shake off the impact before a pot of melted cheese oozed down her head.

"My beautiful mane!" she wailed. "Luna! I know this is your fault! I'll get you for this! No desserts for a million years! No, a billion!"


A fort of pillows would not be many ponies' first choice for stability or security, but it would certainly halt or lessen the impact of hyper-energetic mares, which is what Luna and Pinkie wanted out of their protective shelter. They stared through several peep holes at the ensuing chaos around them.

"My sister doesn’t take being covered in fondue as well as I did," Luna noted.

"I hope there's some left when they're done. Just looking at all that cheese is making me hungry," Pinkie said. Upon her chest was a name tag with the words 'real Pinkie' written in marker.

"It does look delicious," Luna added, staring longingly at the cheese oozing down her sister's snow-white body.

"Luna, look out!" Pinkie screamed.

Alas, it was too late. A group of Pinkies had apparently noticed the fort of pillows and decided it would be fun to jump into it. What followed was a catastrophe of feathers, cloth, and pink as the pair of ponies were trounced and trampled by the throng of Pinkies. Their attention span being what it was, they soon tired of the pillow fort and galloped off to find fun elsewhere.

Her mane disheveled and head still reeling from the sudden attack, Luna stared at her companion. Pinkie looked worried, downright devastated. Tears started at the edges of her eyes.

"Oh no! My nametag! Not again! How will I know if I'm the real Pinkie Pie or not?"

Reaching over, Luna lifted the pink mare's chin up and smiled. "Do not worry. I have no trouble discerning you from these copies. I would have to be a poor marefriend indeed if I couldn't tell you apart."

Pinkie's smile returned, beaming brightly. She reached around Luna's neck and gave her a gentle hug. The alicorn started to pull away, but Pinkie pulled back, leaning into Luna's ear.

"Happy birthday. I have a very special gift for you."

Letting go of Pinkie's embrace, Luna tilted her head. "Oh?"

Pinkie said nothing. She darted in and kissed Luna on the lips. The alicorn's eyes lit in surprise, but she soon melted into the gesture, letting her back hit the floor. Suddenly, the entire world disappeared and it was just the two of them, locked in an intimate embrace.

The two ponies battled for dominance as they explored each other's mouths until the need for oxygen forced them apart, a taste of cinnamon lingered on Luna's lips.

"But I thought..."

"That I didn't want to the other night?" Pinkie finished. "Of course I did... but I wanted to give you a birthday gift that nopony else could give you. A kiss, from me. It can only be given, not taken, and no one can give you that kiss but me."

Luna smiled. "So you did find something only you could give me. Very commendable, Pinkie Pie."

They fell silent for a moment, their eyes returning to the chaos around them. Luna bit her lip and turned back to her partner, eagerly watching the drama unfold.

"Out of curiosity... that wasn't the only gift you had for me... was it?"

"Pshhh, of course not!" Pinkie said. "There's a four layer cake in your room and a Lamborghini on the front lawn of the castle."

Luna barely had time enough to catch the key tossed her way. "A lambor-what?"

"Shhh! Watch this! They just found the sugar in the kitchen!" Pinkie squealed in delight.

On her birthday, Luna could have made arrangements to go anywhere. To any beach, or even a five-star restaurant. Sitting in their ruined pillow fort with the one she loved, while the castle was under siege, was the only place she wanted to be right now.

"Do you think Twilight will be upset when she finds out we used the mirror pool again?"

A light chuckle escaped Luna's lips. "I doubt she'll find out. I sent her and Rainbow Dash to a seaside resort."

Pinkie sighed contentedly, leaning into Luna's side.

"I love you, Pinkie Pie," she said, pulling the pony close for a nuzzle.

"Love you too, Luna."

Comments ( 28 )

Holy... Bucking... Pie :pinkiegasp:
That was an amazing ending!!!!! Do it again DO IT AGAIN! :pinkiecrazy:

6011050 Fun fact, the ending was the first thing I came up with. Only after imagining this scene did I start trying to come up with a story for it to go with.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for reading and letting me know how you felt about the story!

:applejackconfused: At first, I was confused. I thought Pinkie had kids for a second. But ended funny and heartwarming.

:pinkiehappy: LOVED IT!!!:yay:

I do not regret my decision of favoring this!:twilightsmile:

6021983
Thank you for sticking with it! I really enjoyed writing this story so it's doubly heartwarming to know it wasn't just me in love with my own writing.

Ending in sweetness and hijinks, I love it.

6023252
Well it's the only way a Panker Poi shipfic can actually end, of course.

6095984
You have no idea how much it warmed my heart to read your comment. Comments like that are LITERALLY, why I continue writing.

This story started off as just the very last chapter. No kidding. Pure pink pony chaos. However, in my bid to write that scene, I knew I would need to write an entire story. So yeah, I wasn't sure I could pull it off either! I struggled for a long time with what tags to put in this story as it jumps all over the place, but so does life. Life isn't happy or sad or adventure. It's all of the above, and for these two, this is a section of their life.

Pinkie is a very important pony to me. I see a lot of my own struggles in her, and in many ways, she is a bar that I strive to reach. as part of learning to grow as a writer, I decided to take on many challenges, one of which being pairing ponies who are rarely paired. I have a LyraPie that's unfinished if that gives you any clue as to the challenges I take on.

I honestly believe Pinkie Pie CAN be paired with anyone. It's just that her personality plays off so well. Ir her partner is insecure and unsure, she is a rock they can rely on. If her partner is loyal or dependable, (hint hint) she can crumble with them, and allow them to see the depths no one else is privy to.

Ugh! I'm rambling! Anyway, you mentioned some of my stories having sad tags. IF sad is a problem, I can reassure you that most of the stories have incredibly happy endings. The only exceptions to this are Seed of Hope, which has a bittersweet ending, All For a Smile, a happy ending through a difficult situation, and One Step At a Time, which has a happy ending, but doesn't have a whole ton of fluff at the very end. I'd also suggest you avoid some of my older stories like, What Matters Most and Twilight's Curiosity and Pinkie's Magic, simply because that was before I had editors and it SHOWS.

Thank you for taking the time to not only read this, but also to let me know what you think. I hope my other, older stories don't let you down too hard.

-Starlitomega

Comment posted by Starlitomega deleted Oct 7th, 2015

Well, that was a interestin' way to end this story :duck:. Idk whether to feel bad for everypony involved in this madness or just laugh n' shake my head at all this silliness :facehoof:. Eh, I'll do both later :ajbemused: but, first i'd lik to say thx and that this was a swell read from beginning to end :twilightsmile::pinkiehappy:

6386447
No, thank you for taking the time to read and comment on it. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And yeah, that last scene is probably the best worst scenario you could ever possibly find yourself in. I for one welcome such a fate. :pinkiehappy:

6386534
Ur welcome :twilightblush: and my reaction to that scenario :rainbowhuh:? Hmm... It'll be lik this: "Holy Sh***!! :pinkiegasp:" as I start runnin' for t hills as quick as I can :ajbemused:

Comment posted by Snowdrifter deleted Jan 31st, 2016

Fun!:pinkiehappy:
Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:
Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:
Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:Fun!:pinkiehappy:

:trollestia: Twilight?
:twilightsmile: Yes, Princess?
:trollestia: Run.

Wow! This was rollicoaster of fun!
I love when a story hits all of my emotions! I was Sad. Angry, fearful and proud. I was on the verge of tears at some point All in All this was the best story ever! And I look forward to more pieces from you

6990444
Thank you very much! I've never been one to write a story that is just happy, or just sad. Life isn't just any of these emotions, and neither should be stories about someone's life. I'm glad you enjoyed it and took the time not only to read it, but also to let me know! It means the world to someone like me.

7005497
Fixed! thank you!

Also, yeah. That's exactly why she's named that. Maybe a bit too on the nose, but whacha gonna do?

Because of this new completely unexpected chapter, I'm gonna have to reread the entire fanfic all over again which is good because this story is awesome! :)

I never encountered a Luna Pinkie Pie romance. I decided I was curious. I am glad I was curious.
This story is a gem. It is a truly awesome novel with complete awesome character depiction, with complicated plot, beautiful moments, cute ones, and....and I'm out of words to truly give you an idea of how I loved the story.
I think I have to thank you for writting it, because I feel very good after reading this :)

7646971
Actually, that is EXACTLY why I wrote this story, because I think I've only encountered one other LunaPie on this entire site.

I really wanted to explore the side we never get to see of the characters, and the side that a pony like Twilight or Pinkie Pie haven't had a chance to. Namely, romance.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I would suggest that if you like a character, you should check out more shipping stories involving that character. You might find a fresh new take behind them, simply because someone shipped them with a different pony.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story and letting me know what you think!:pinkiehappy:

7648776 It was a pleasure to read, and you deserve to know how good it was :)

7754403
Thank you so much! I'm glad some people out there enjoy it. It may have not gotten very far popularity-wise, but it's probably my favorite story.

This story is bloody gorgeous! Thank you for such an amazing read! :eeyup:

7883785
Hey, thanks for taking the time to read it and let me know what you think! Without readers like you, I'd have no reason to write! :pinkiehappy:

7884880 More than happy to! :twilightsmile:

I found a review target! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Excellent. Just...excellent.
LunaPie is rare, but sometimes the best things are rare.
Well done, Starlitomega.

Always excellent to see rare Luna pairs like this. Nice work!

B-but she doesn't die right? 😭

Login or register to comment