• Published 31st May 2015
  • 625 Views, 6 Comments

Teaching an Earth Pony to Fly - The Cynical Brony



A request from L_Wolf. Applebloom has always been a curios and rather intelligent filly. Scootaloo has finally learned how to fly, but Applebloom has her concerns. She decides to use the Giffon Chaser, but she might have chosen the wrong teacher.

  • ...
6
 6
 625

One-Shot Fired!

Author's Note:

The narrator is Discord. Merry Christmas, L!

Submitted for MY approval, and you silly ponies behind your computer screens, is a tale in a reality similar to the one you know. Applebloom is an earth filly, but she's chaotic in that she's fascinated with the sky rather than the ground beneath her hooves. Her pegasus friend Scootaloo has finally learned to fly like her idol, though if you ask me, she's a bad influence on the kiddies. Well, wings of glory can only support one, so what shall become of their friendship? Well, I'm about to tell you. - Dr. Disco

***

It was a beautiful day in Equestria, with the sun gleaming, the sky without a single cloud, and the sudden, loud sound of a pegasus foal slamming into a tree. That seems to be a familiar sound in Ponyville these days. Enter the CMC (not like that, creeps.), master agents of mine. Three fillies determined to be damned with destiny- I mean, earn their cutie marks. I don't see why, but this isn't about me. This is what happens when a child gets a new toy. In this case, a pegasus getting wings.
"Ow.", Was all that Scootaloo could say after her stunning display of brilliance. Scootaloo got up and turned to see Sweetie Belle and Applebloom running towards her, huge smiles on their faces. "What's so funny?" She asked, a confused look on her face. They merely motioned to her flank.
Scootaloo looked eagerly at her flank... and was greeted by a picture of a scooter going through flaming hoops.
Suddenly, she felt something watery near her muzzle. "Yes! Yes! After all these years!" She shouted in pure delight, grinning wildly at her friends. She was the last of the three to get their marks, with Sweetie having a microphone and Applebloom having a potion with an apple in it. Because her family's only point in existing was apples. Slowly, their grins faded into plain smiles, but for Applebloom, it quickly turned into a look of concern.
"Wait, Ah just realized somethin'." The others turned and saw her concern. "Scootaloo can fly, and Sweetie can use magic to fly, but Ah don't have either. Ah know you'll love flyin', but how will Ah keep up on the ground?" Sweetie looked like she was in deep thought for a minute before she brightened up.
"Well, Pinkie Pie did make a flying machine a few years ago. Maybe you can use it?" Sweetie suggested.
"That's a great ideah! Ah'll be right back!" Applebloom said her goodbyes and ran off to town.

***

As she approached Sugarcube Corner, Applebloom started yelling out. "Pinkie! Ms. Pinkie, ya here?!" She yelled out at least five times before Rainbow Dash woke up from her nap. Odd how she's always sleeping whenever a character starts yelling, but that's not for today. Dash flew down to the earth pony.
"Sorry, AB, Pinkie's out of town. She's out in Griffonstone baking with Gilda." After the a moment, Rainbow realized something. "Say, what do you need Pinks for anyway?"
"Ah need her to teach me how to use that crazy flyin' machine o' hers so that I can fly with Scootaloo!"
"Scootaloo can fly now?!" The multihued pegasus asked, a huge smile on her face.
"Yeah, an' I wanna fly with her! Wait! Yer a master flyer. You can teach me how to use it!"
Rainbow grimaced, but quickly hid it. She didn't have half a clue how to fly the thing, but it was for a good reason. Besides, the sooner she got this done, the sooner she could congratulate the squirt!
"Of course I can!" The cyan mare put on a triumphant look.
"... Um, where does Pinkie put it?"
Two idiots operating a helicopter. Oh, how fun this will be! Oh, the chaos! The disharmony! The- oh, I'm missing the show!
"There it is!" Applebloom pointed the top of the cupcake building, where Pinkie had kept her remake of the prototype she made so many years ago. It had been seven years since Twilight Sparkle had arrived in Ponyville and reformed Princess Luna. Now, instead of a tree, she had a castle that even after seven long years, STILL didn't match the rest of the town at all! As Rainbow Dash flew up to the building, she noticed that two stallions in masks were running away from Ponyville, police ponies chasing after them. One of the two looked like an... Alicorn?! However, she decided against investigating it in favor of the current task.
"Okay, here we go-oh Goddesses!" she screamed. As soon as she activated it, it swerved to the right immediately. It crashed into Sugarcube Corner's upper balcony, completely annihilating it and part of Pinkie's room. "Oh crap!" Dash pulled it farther away, but accidently ended up crashing into Sparkler's house.
"Really?!" the pink unicorn cried out in irritation. She'd be terrified if things like this didn't happen every week in Ponyville.
Rainbow flew away from the house, got stable in the air, but then crashed into the ground, right in front of Applebloom. She slid out of the pilot's seat with a groan. That hurt like Hell, and she would probably get herself another few days in the worst hospital ever Ponyville clinic.
Once she was sure that Rainbow Dash was okay, Applebloom finally gave her thoughts. "Oh, Ah get it now! You were showing me what NOT to do when flying it! Thanks, Rainbow!" Applebloom jumped in and started rising slowly.
"You're welcome..." was the last thing Dash said before she passed out. Well, that didn't end well.

Epilogue

Rainbow Dash waited in the hospital. Not exactly how she wanted to spend Scootaloo's special day, but not much she could do with broken wings and a bad leg. Luckily, Scoots came to visit her. They were just about to say their goodbyes when she heard Sweetie Belle scream, and that damn helicopter crashed into her room second after. When Sweetie fell out of the machine, she saw Dash and Scootaloo's confusion. " Applebloom was teaching me how to use it, but I accidently sent the lever too far with my magic." Well, considering that crash had to be painful, it's a good thing she ended up in the hospital.
Then a certain pink earth pony walked in. She looked somewhat annoyed, but mostly just confused. "Dashie, why is the Griffon Chaser here? And why were you and Sweetie Belle trying to fly it?" After they explained everything, Pinkie was half ecstatic and half angry that her room got destroyed by her own flying machine. "Yay for little Scoots! Oh, I have so many ideas! Maybe a death-defying stunt party, or a Rainbow Dash themed party, or a tree-sap party, or-" Pinkie realized something. "Dash, I'm not angry at you, but some bits to rebuild my house would be nice."

The End

Well, that was certainly interesting. Personally, I thought that it would be interesting to follow the story of the two guys running from the police, but I digress. Farewell! -Discord

Comments ( 6 )

A great idea! And if anyone says otherwise...
i.imgflip.com/m8mdb.jpg

6038369 Thanks for the support, and I'm glad you liked it! :twilightsmile:

Dr. Disco.
That anagram tho. :rainbowlaugh:
I want to compliment this but I'm not sure how. So, have this. :derpytongue2:

6050475 Thank you!
But I can't take complete credit for "Dr. Disco". That was actually originally in the story "Cards Against Equinity". :twilightsmile:

Heh, that came out pretty good, and really weird. :pinkiehappy:

Sorry took so long for me to get around to reading. :twilightblush:

Login or register to comment