• Published 25th Dec 2014
  • 23,585 Views, 482 Comments

The Fake Sun - The Tale of a No one that became Princess - ratedoni



If eating too much cake was the worst since I became Celestia I would be happy... but I guess I am not that lucky.

  • ...
76
 482
 23,585

The Land of the Rising Sunset Part 03

Do you know what the worst thing about wearing a mask is? I don’t mean the ones you use when you go to a carnival or whenever Halloween comes close. I mean the mask that you have to put every day for fear of what could happen if someone sees the real you; or maybe the mask that I had to put on my face when I realized what I have become and what was needed of me.

I couldn’t leave them alone, couldn’t leave them live by themselves. Ponykind doesn’t work like mankind and to my shame I have to say that I would prefer them to be braver, but they are apathetic in so many cases, even more than the human masses. Ponies are lethargic, easily spooked and too many times they hesitate and balk at the choice of fighting or running, opting for the last.

I’m not ashamed of them, they are after all a race that offers a hoof of friendship, whenever they are not too scared of the unknown, but sometimes I wish they could be braver, more like Sunset than the average Joe in the streets. This would be a lot easier if that were the case.

If they weren’t so nice, then other races and idiots wouldn’t be so stupid to think about war or raids against ponykind. Is it maybe that I cuddle them too much, or that they are sure of the power of their monarchs and powers. I suppose when you are ruled by the very being that controls the sun that orbits around the planet, well, it is a huge bargaining chip, except in those cases when the other side is too stupid to back down.

God, if you exist, please, don’t let this be one of those times. I say that to myself as I keep watching the clock in my hooves, watching the minutes go by and thinking about how the world has changed and shifted from the ideal and idyllic land that we all saw safe behind the screen. We all thought that the land was perfect and in many ways it is, but people forget that Equestria hides darkness like no other, darkness that I had to battle alone time and time again.

My companion is barely a chick, just old enough to live by herself and is this young little gryphon that came to give us the news. It is bizarre since the only time I saw her she was a rather abrasive chick and so close of becoming just another bully. I never had the chance to see if she ever got some episode to redeem herself, so what has been changed in this timeline? What else I have changed?

“You are too quiet, something the matter? I’m not going to do the cat got your tongue pun so please, before I am forced to do that, talk to me.”

“How can you be so calm?! I just told you that my kingdom wants to enter a war with yours! What’s wrong with you?!”

“My dear Gilda, you have no idea about that last one and it will take too long to tell you exactly what’s going on with me, besides, this is not my first rodeo against someone trying to destroy my home, nor will be the last considering all the crazy things thrown at us,” some of the things I could say to Gilda will probably leave her brain completely destroyed, not that she will believe half of it.

To think that I left a tea party with Twilight to fix this; although I could have send Twilight and her friends to fix it. Nah, I’m not Celestia, I am the Fake Sun.

If there is a problem I will be the one to fix it. I think that’s the only thing I can do for now, until the day I can return home.

I don’t know why, but something tells me that things are being pushed to the point I will have to find Celestia, the real Celestia.

Maybe that was what I heard in that dream, or at least a part of her. I just wish there would be some kind of hint to guide me to her. You hear that whatever piece of Celestia I have in my head? You better help me in this thing because like hell I will let you sleep while I do all the work. I could have went on and on, trying to get any kind of answer from my head, which sounds crazy or at least crazier than I usually am; but there was something different at the window of my floating carriage. The mountains are beautiful this time of the years and there’s serious changes form the last time I was here; no more are they bare and the cities filthy and almost crumbling. Now there were factories rising across the peaks and gryphons milling around working hard on things. Weird, this has been quite the change and way too fast; when did Gryphon Spire industrialized?

“So Gilda, tell me, what made you look for me? What made you so afraid?”

“I… I saw the change in my people; the higher ups have been pushing for factories and they’ve been blaming ponies for all the hardships we’ve had over the years. Bunch of bullshit if you ask me; we were too busy fighting among each other and over every single gold coin. There is something happening and I could only think of you Princess Celestia.”

“Really? Why’s that?”

“Because there is a saying in Gryphon Spire; Hope rides alone, and it has a white coat,” well, with that kind of recommendation, who am I to let Gilda wanting? So, shall we? Let’s find out what is all this mystery and maybe, just maybe, let’s find the real sun.

For now at least, is time for a good pony to go to war.

Author's Note:

I'll just leave this one right here.