• Published 6th Nov 2011
  • 4,494 Views, 11 Comments

Equestria: The Pacific Kingdom - BrightIdea



History of Equestria (In the Pacific Northwest)

  • ...
2
 11
 4,494

The Kingdom of Equestria (1812)/The Land of Equestria (1896)

World of 1812 Following the Peace of Paris and Canterlot.

"The War of 1812 was a key moment in North American history as it finely established the borders bewteen the United States, Great Britain/Canada, and Equestria. Dispute had greatly arisen following the Louisiana Purchase, where Queen Celestia was not made aware of the sale by Spain or France. Leading the delegation to Equestria as the United States's first official ambassador to Equestria was William Clark of the Lewis and Clark expedition, their trip had finally found a land route to the fabled Pony Kingdom in 1806." -"First Contact" by Bold Justice as appearing in the Equestrian-American Foreign Relations Journal

--------
The lands of Equestria and its inhabitants are considered by many to be the biggest mystery, to both humans and ponies at that. The fauna and flora found in Equestria are quite unique; some say would defy the proposal of evolution that Charles Darwin and subsequent writers on the subject have put forth. While Equestria is to an extent somewhat isolationist, Celestia has opened Equestria to trade and the poking around of human academics. The ruler of Equestria, perhaps knowledgeable of the storm that her very own origin could have on the wider scientific and religious landscape of mankind, the dominant species on the Earth, has kept quiet. All questions toward how she came to be in Equestria (questioners receiving a witty remark and a quick change of the subject) or her exact age (questioners sometimes receiving a angry stare and a reminder on how sharp her horn is) have gone unanswered and appear as if they always will be. Nonetheless, this situation has not stopped people from making observations, conferring with fellow Equinephiles, or just making random guesses at how the Ponies and creatures of Equestria came to be.

There have been established some notable theories, ranging from scientifically possible to being only possible in the mind of a conspiracy theorist. Such theories of the latter revolve around a ancient race of centaurs coming from space and separating their offspring to a time traveling doctor in a blue box creating Ponies on earth just to see what would happen to the timeline. Some say a ancient race of Alicorns built the pyramids while others say that all ponies are a time throwback from the future where mankind has mastered the ability to meld flesh in whatever image they wish. The more widely accepted theories focus on Celestia, namely if her origin is from earth or indeed from outer space.

The strongest Earth Bound Theory is particularly favored by Orientals. The theory goes that Celestia is a goddess on earth of the animal kingdom; some have interpreted this as Celestia being a physical manifestation of all Equines. She roamed the earth much earlier, and it was only with the dominance of man and the rise of the gods of men that she retreated to the lonely western continent which had not received much interaction with mankind. In ways this would account for the presence of evolutionary mysteries such as griffons, dragons, and hydras which are present only in ancient human myth. As mankind’s numbers and sophistication grew all species of intelligent ponies and the previously mentioned mythical creatures died out, but in Equestria under Celestia’s protection their species has survived. Though there have been to date no ancient remains found anywhere in the world outside of Equestria of any of these animals.

The Celestial Arrival Theories are more popular then the Earth Bound Theories, citing that Celestia and her former sister did indeed come from outer space. Some say that Celestia came to the Earth on her own violation and upon seeing the primitive creatures of man and the similar equines of the planet made a home for herself and her offspring the Ponies. Other theories state that there were many more Alicorns besides Celestia, and they came to Earth and manifested as ancient gods but eventually they died out through age or fighting among each other with Celestia being the youngest Alicorn (besides that of the ‘Mare on the Moon’) she survived and has since lived, not entirely knowledgeable of the technology or magic possessed by her race but just enough to ensure her life and dominance.

The various races of Ponies and their origin are likewise tied with Celestia, depending on which of the above theories one believes in the Ponies evolved naturally or were created after the extinction of the Alicorns or the arrival of Celestia. If one were to observe that Adam and Eve were more pure and supreme humans and we today are pale offshots of the first humans in creation then likewise it is possible a similar event could have occured for the Ponies, with possible inbreeding by the ancient Alicorn race (who in ways are as mythical as the Atlanteans but the prescence of Princess Celestia puts them in actual fact) to the point where the key traits of their race seperated on a evolutionary level to form the earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns that we see today.

The earliest record researched shows signs of habitation of the Equestrian Valley (Willamette Valley) as being BEFORE the arrival of humans into the continent.

-“The Land of Equestria” by Jacob. B. Stantton (1896).