• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 371 Views, 1 Comments

Fall Of Equestria - Redman48



With Three of the of the princesses perished and an on going war happening, Apple Bloom relies on the help of a mysterious stallion to get her out of the forest safely.

  • ...
 1
 371

Chapter 2: Crying "Wolf"


The Changeling looked the same as they did before, when they attacked the wedding long ago, only this time, they wont wont make the same mistakes.

The wolves seem to obey the Changeling, considering on how organized they were, when it appeared. Apple Bloom hiding behind Dusk, waiting for him to do something. Trying not any show weakness, he figures out what to do, knowing there is no point in running from these things.

“Alright here’s the plan.” he says to Apple Bloom. “You will take on the the smallest one, while I’ll take on the rest.”

“That’s the plan?” She questioned.

“Well, it’s the only one I can think of.”

“But I don’t know how to fight.” Right after she talked, The Changeling made the first move and screeched like there was no tomorrow, then the wolves immediately went after the two.

“Just try alright.” he said impatiently. He then charges at them directly.

The first one jumped at him, with eyes blazing, but Dusk was able to throw it over him. He then runs up to the one behind the first one and stomps on it with his front hooves. The third one came up to him from the right side, then Dusk quickly tackles it to a tree, to try to strangle it. The fourth climbs on to his back, causing him to fall and lands face to face to one of them. With the thing trying to bite his face, he manages to grab a nearby rock and knock it out cold.

Apple Bloom faces the one thrown over Dusk. Not knowing how to fight, she remembers some of the karate she learned a few years back. Now determined to fight she goes in for a jump kick, but misses and lands on the ground. With a wolf charging at her, she quickly yanked off a tree branch and used it to fend off the beast.

The Changeling watching the fight, called out the wolf attacking Apple Bloom, using specific screeches and screams. It understood what it was saying, then in an instant it jerked her branch away and using it’s teeth, it knocked her out with.

After crushing one’s skull, Dusk looked back at A.B. and saw her in the snow, being dragged into denser forest, by the wolf.

“Hey!” He yelled at the wolf causing it to look up, but before he could stop it, the three remaining wolves tackled him to the ground and bit every one his legs. He yells in pain while the wolf continues his business and the changeling disappearing into the forest.

Dusk used the last of his strength, to buck off the pest and quickly get up. Once he did he found his legs bleeding through the teeth marks. Surprisingly his cloak did not get damaged during the fight, including his pack, but he couldn't say the same about A.B.

Guilt filled his mind, knowing he just left a kid to fend for itself, probably getting torn to shreds by now. By the look of his eye he did not want that to happen. As the wolves get up, he stood in position waiting for anything to come at him, and in a few seconds, they charged at him at full speed and attacked.

He was able to dodge the first blows to the face, but not the next. The cut went right under his eye and neck, causing him to stagger to the left. Luckily, this helped him to do a back kick to the third one, but quickly got up.

"Damn, these things just won't let up!" he thought

Dusk took out an empty bottle and smashed it to the ground. One wolf got on him, but was stabbed in the throat multiple times till it dropped. The others moved in knocked it out of his hoof and took off his pack. He quickly grabbed the cork, lying in broken glass and tossed it into the wolf’s mouth.

While it choked, he wrestled with the final one, giving it all he got. The wolf found an opening to the neck and began biting. Dusk, in pain, quickly put his hooves on it’s neck, trying to kill it before it kills him. The thing slowly begins to stop, until it wasn't moving.

Dusk turned around to see the other not breathing either. He then reached for his pack, sitting next to his victim, took out a potion and sprayed it on each of his legs.

“Dammit!” He yelled out as it made the sizzle sound. Then he took out any bandages he had and quickly patched up. He then took moment to breath, before he realized Apple Bloom was still out there. At the same he got up, he heard someone yell out his name.

“Dusk!” Apple Bloom yelled out as she came out of the forest

As soon as he saw her, he quickly ran up to her “Apple Bloom! Thank Luna you’re alright.”

“Dusk, I saw more comin’ this way, we got to hurry.” She exclaimed.

“Alright, let me just get my-” He suddenly gained a small headache and in an instant his eyes slashed purple. He looked back at Apple Bloom, standing near him, and immediately looked the other way, like he just saw a ghost.

Apple Bloom moved towards him, “Is somethin’ wro-” She was cut off when Dusk bucked her with his back legs and landed on a rock. “Why did you do that.” She said weakly

Without warning, he put his right fore leg on her neck, pressing on it. “I know a fake when I see one.” He hissed out. Then a dark flame arose and it turns out Apple Bloom is a Changeling, causing Dusk to press even harder.

“Now you’re going to tell, where is she.” He threatened, but it still remained calm. “I am not going to ask you again, WHERE IS-”

“Apple Bloom!” Someone called out, not too far from where he was standing.

The voice he heard sounded familiar, so familiar that it sounded exactly like him. He then looked back at the changeling, staring at it with cold eyes as it it gulped in dismay. The forest was quiet when there a loud snap, that could have been heard from miles.

Comments ( 1 )

Alright, I found lots of tense switches, some odd grammar, but that's usually fixed with practice. Dialogue was awkward. Again, that's fixed with practice.


Anyways, I have no grasp on the world you're trying to build. The story hops between points and we don't spend any time with the characters. Sure, Applebloom may not know what's going on, but she does know what she's experiencing. Events just happen.

Also, the first paragraph is completely unnecessary. It's useless information that the reader doesn't need to know. All we need is what she's experiencing right now.

Login or register to comment