• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 2,847 Views, 109 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Stable-Tec R&D - Dice Warwick



In wartime Equestria, Stable-Tec was one of the most advanced companies there is, with some of the most talented ponies working there, Slowtrot happens to not be one of them, or have a choice to why he is there.

Comments ( 36 )

I don't usually comment on these things, and this is probably not the place to start, but here goes...

First i think the story is wonderful and the ending is great for a lead into another story.
I like how the character has a pipbuck for some reason other than "I came from a stable" and there's a reasonable amount of skill development in character .

I did find reading this a bit of a challenge though. Probably not nearly as hard as writing it seeing as you're dyslexic. I appreciate you putting forth the effort to put this out there and share it with others. .

I do have a suggestion which may or may not be helpful...
I have to reread what i write several times to make sure its reasonably clean. I can see this might not work as well for you. Instead maybe using a text to speech service might help (Google gave me this > www.yakitome.com).
It wont pick up nuances like "hole vs whole" like an editor might but if spell check grabbed the wrong word you will probably notice.
Also if you do happen to find an editor I hear Google docs will let you assign other people privileges so they can directly edit the chapters. I don't use it myself so I'm not 100% on that though.

5751483 thanks. With R&D I wanted to avoid most of the common Fo:E tropes, and have it as a strong history for other story's. As for the rereading stuff, R&D has realy got me to start doing that, but Grammar will always be my nemeses.

5800126 alright, Thanks for clearing that up.

I know I fell many many chapters behind on this one, but I remember enjoying the first five or size chapters I did see. Maybe now's the time to get caught up.

5881785 With a lot of the R&D ponies I wanted to get across a feeling of lightheartedness of the characters, though also a feeling of stress. I'm glad you like them, to bad they are in the Fo:E Universe, where everything becomes doom and gloom.

5882206 owch, out of order is worst order. But ya, there is some more characterization, but after ch11 is were it becomes a true Fallout Equestria story.

Aaaand boom, all caught up. Got a little bit confused towards the last third and I had to re-read the ending twice before I realized it was kind of a end-of-this-story-but-life-goes-on sort of thing, but I mostly have positive memories coming out at the end.

Worth reading. Might read again someday.

5883409 yay, glad you enjoyed it. Makes it all worth it whenever someone reads it (or text to speech it) from start to finish.

also check out my next story, it's nearly finished, so it sould be a fun romp. (lot's of gore BTW)

Your book has been advertised on the new facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/foebooks/ :)

6531300 feel free to join the page if you have a facebook. you can self advertise there or advertise other people. More members the merrier. (also it's just a good place to discuss foe stuff)

6640667 ya, it's bad. but I get better.

Ok, I want to read this story. I really want to read this story. However, Internet connection is spotty at best. That's not a problem, I can download it in EPub format. However, the file is deemed improperly formatted to be opened. Oh, and a pdf version is apparently not available. Yeah, it's been a good day.

7788513 ya, that's a grate game.

8181062 Ya, I did this one with little to no editing backup, as it was my first, and my skill at writing being very low. I do want to, at some point, go over it again with an editor, and clean it up. But I do get better, at least a bit better. Thanks for giving it a shot.

Hey really good story. I was not expecting that ending... But it is a good ending for this charater. The story seems complete and the open ending is a plus.
Thanks for the story, the typos were a bit hard bit the plot kept me reading :twilightsmile:

8188896 thanks for giving it a read, the open ended ending was mainly to do with how, if others were inspired to use martial from my own story's, that they could without any problems of lore. On that note, read the next two storys to find out what happens to the two main factions 200 years later. "Chumming Waters" For Thorns crew, and "Dance of the Orthrus" for the R&D staff. Also, if you haven read his stuff already, I Suggest checking out Gamma Decays work, he practily did most of the editing from may later storys, and was the one to convince me to try some writing. "Better Days" is top tear, and "Long Haul" is just as good, but with characters and easterner from other story's.

8189504 i am glad to see that you wrote more :) i will read them:twilightsheepish:

8994749
No need to be sorry. As said is the story and plot spot on, and have made me smile more times than other 100% mistake free stories have.

I have Autism myself, so screw being dyslexic and all other handicaps. Sure we are weaker at some points, but our skillpoints are just placed somewhere else, so its just a question about finding someone which strengths matches our weaknesses and make an awesome combo. I can't write a story to save my life. My prosa is so purple that I need special glasses to read what I write, and I have a deadly case of word diarrhea. which is showing in all of my comments in here. But my strength is that I remember the most random details and spot ellipis mistakes a mile away.

We can either take our handicaps and let them weigh us down, or step on them and reach higher than before. The story is spot on as said, else would I not have used so much energy writing up the comment as I had. So its me that are sorry if you saw the long list of nitpicks as something negative, instead of a reader being so enthralled by your story that he simply had to try to polish it to make it shine as much as it can.

8994753
I didn't see the nitpicks as a negative, it's just that I'm a bit more focused on my current story and all that. (Stress induced laziness has also have been a problem)

9450283
I read that part of Project Horizons. My comment specifically mentions her fate. You do know her tiara is fake, right? Even if Celestia would have allowed it blueballs would have definitely come down on them had Filthy gotten her a real tiara. Also, I was not mocking them, just stating a fact.

I was so caught up in reading this that I didn't want to stop and comment earlier! Thanks for having the courage to share this, Dice! :pinkiehappy:

9655545
And thanks for reading this, It's always good to know someone is enjoying one of my stories.

Finally read this. It was good.
Not great, but a good read.
On to the next.

This was an awesome story.

9982480
ya, this was written before that finale chapters of PH had come out, so I was not yet sowered on the story, though I still like the idea of the O.I.A.

anywgo, glad your enjoying it, fortunatly the later stories I started getting help with editing, as well as I get better at catching my own mistakes, so this is likely the worst it gets in turms of writing.

Very enjoyable story with a happy ending. Thanks for posting this.

This was a really good book to read. While you have some grammar issues, you have a really well executed story.

10545654
thanks, and ya, it's unedited as a story goes, so you dealing with my barely tamed dyslexia in that one.

I have dysphagria, it makes writting hard.

Not sure your issue, but white as a word and the rest tellme you have somthing.
Eather way despit your issues, this is very well written, and the story is great.

10922890
Dyslexia, that's what I have, though it's only minor. What happens is that it dose not translate out of me well, so I can read and al that, but when I wright, it's often riddled with errors that it's hard for me to spot. Also a shorter short term memory also plagues me, not to bad, but it's harder for me to retain information, so I have times where I've read a page in a book, only to not even remember what I just read due other things going on distracting me.

It all made me avoid reading and righting as much as possible. But in the last few years things have gotten a lot better, as the more I right, the better I get. Still, the Dyslexia bleed through everything. So all you have to do is power though it the best you can, breath life into the story you want to tell.

10923081
Yah, that sound tough, i just cant spell right, or write right, almost want to say it sounds ldke you pushed through a lot. That can be a hard road, and it seems you have done a great job of it, great book man.


Also just fineshed it and onto yart 2

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

I cannot

believe

you ended this story in the place I thought it was going to fucking begin

I am so mad right now D:

11066896
well... if you want to find out what happened to him, you can skip to Desperados, though I would advise reading some of the other stories. XP

11066896
i know right :pinkiecrazy:

but i also tought it would go some komplet other way about stable-tec, what a fun ride !

i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/251/012/7ee.png Holy Helll this was an epic read now on to the next one

Login or register to comment