• Published 13th Jan 2015
  • 1,018 Views, 35 Comments

My Little PlanetSide - Sentinel053



war and hardship friendship and freedom all this is tested when an alien from another planet crash lands in equestria

  • ...
7
 35
 1,018

Chapter 2: First Contact

October 10, 2861

Location: Unknown star system, Unknown planet

Planet Population: Unknown


Within the crashed super Galaxy I began to slowly regain consciousness still a bit groggy from the crash.

"Ugh that really hurt like hell" I muttered as I slowly unstrapped from the pilot seat and stood up.
"Know I now what the other fly boys mean when it feel like you had a tank dropped on you" as I started to make my way to the cargo bay to see how much of my supply load had survived which was more than half. A quick check revealed that due to there being a seven foot hole in the side of the Galaxy I had lost most of the spare part for the Galaxy and two of the Nanite repair guns. Good thing the plane had a Nanite auto repair system, hurrying back to the cockpit I did a damage control scan to see what was damaged and what appeared got me worried. Before that I caught a quick glance at my wrist watch 1:35 pm wow I had been out quite awhile

"Warning long range communications transponder offline, guidance system offline, Nanite repair damaged"

But there was some good news as well

"Deeps space scanner operational, localized scanner online, weapons system online, life support online"

Hearing this I quickly activated the scanner and wait for a response. "Scanning....... Zontarra long range deep space interplexing beacon detected establishing up-link"

As I waited for the up-link to connect I muttered to myself "Come on be somewhere in known space" finally I got my answer, from the data coming in I was one hundred light years from Arcadia according to the beacon and within communications range but, with my transponder out I couldn't call for help, so I did the next best thing. Tapping in some commands on my holographic control keyboard I check the Galaxy's hull integrity.

"Hull integrity 68%" reported the computer, I knew the auto repair was damaged but I activated it any ways.

"Warning 28% chance of total repair. Do wish to activate?"

I hit yes activating it and already the hull integrity was rising slowly but surely the Nanites were getting things working again. However fate decided to throw a wrench into the works.

"Warning Nanite repair system failure"

"God Dammit are you serious" as I gritted my teeth together now pissed off that the repair system had failed, but I knew I still had one more Nanite repair gun I just had to find it first in the mess in the cargo bay. But first I had to know if this planet had any type of intelligent life on it.

"Okay starting localized scan of the area" I said to myself even going as far as crossing my fingers as then scan commenced.

"Scanning.... Attention unknown settlement detected 2.054 kilometers to the east"

I sighed in relief but at the same time I started thinking "Hopefully who or what ever lives there is friendly"

I got up out of the chair and headed back to the cargo bay to first find the other repair gun and to gather some gear to take with me when I head out. It didn't take me long to find it but it to was damaged but I needed every bit of luck and hope to get the Galaxy repaired if I was going to get home.

"Better use this thing while it still works while I still can" I said as I picked up the repair gun. Using one was straight forward just point it at your target and pull the trigger and let the gun do the rest. So I did that and after about four or five seconds there was a sharp crackle and sparks flying for the repair gun had kicked the bucket.

"Better at least see how much of this bird is repaired now" I thought as I got back in the cockpit seeing the main screen reading 75.36%.

"Well that's better than when I started" with a quick thought I started to get my supplies packed in my field backpack, but first I checked the crates that held the ammunition and found what I was looking for. Most of the crates held ammo for standard NC and TR weapons as well as some for weapons made by Nanite systems, with ammo for shotguns, assault rifle, SMGs and light machine guns even some rocket launcher ammo.

"Yes someone was smart enough to put simulation type non-lethal paint rounds in here" I said. I took eight clips for my standard NC4-mag shot .50 caliber service pistol along with two clips of standard lead rounds and the same for my Terran Republic T4-Auto pistol. The T4 was a good gun practically a pistol sized sub-machine gun. I had decided to leave my Light machine gun it could cause the wrong vibes with the locals

"Alright I've got three flash bangs, three concussion grenades, combat knife, data scanner and data-pad, full canteen what else am I forgetting ah right med-kit with some of the Nanite med injectors, field tool kit with full Nanite repair gel" As I went over my mental checklist. After that I closed up the pack strapped it on over my jet-pack and equipped the Cloaking device joey gave me before lowering that cargo ramp and stepped out on to this new world.

"Whoa bright" I said as the light hit my eyes. I quickly lowered the reflective visor on my HA001 helmet to let my eyes adjust to the light. It was also in that moment I had a complete moment of stupidity.

“Dammit V'than Freedom credits are useless hear and I have nothing else of value to trade with dammit" Quickly face palming myself. That’s when a small glimmer in the ground caught my attention, I bent down seeing that is was some type of polished stone.

"What do we have here" I said in a whisper. Pulling it out of the ground it turned out to be a palm sized Emerald this I knew was valuable because the alien race's Humanity had since encountered when Auraxis had re-established contact all had a high value on gems. But there was more underneath the emerald so I got busy digging and within a few minutes had 25-30 gems before me.

"Hopefully that settlement has a good exchange rate in their money for gems" I said to myself. On that note I packed them in my pack closed the cargo ramp and headed east.

Ponyville 2:30 pm

Today seemed like any other day as life went on as usual. Twilight was on her way to pick up Nyx from school, she had already had three meetings today and was glad when it was time to bring her daughter home and get some fresh air.

"Hello Cheerilie" Twilight said happily as she reached the school house

Hello Twilight how has your day been" Cheerilie asked joyfully. She always had a smile on her face unless a student was misbehaving or being rude.

"It’s been crazy, I have had three meetings each at least 2-3 hours long" Twilight said with a heavy sigh.

“But I am glad to finally be out of the castle and I can finally get some fresh air" She stated with some re insurance

"Hi mom" Said Nyx as she trotted over to her mother

"Hi Sweet heart how was your Day" Twilight asked the midnight black colored alicorn filly.

"Pretty good" Nyx replied," Applebloom, Sweetiebelle and Scootalo wanted me to ask if it was okay if they could come over to work on our homework and play after we were done"

"Can weh Twilight" Asked Applebloom who was standing next to Nyx with Sweetiebelle and Scootalo.

"We promise to not cause any trouble" Scootalo said

"Okay girls" Twilight giggled “But, you have to do your homework first".

"Yay" Came the reply from all four fillies at once.

At that cue they all headed back to the Friendship Rainbow Castle not knowing that an extraterrestrial was nearing their home or what his intentions were nor did he know what to expect when he arrived.

Outside Ponyville 3:00 pm

After about an hour and a half I had finally reached the settlement what took me by surprise is it resembled a village from medieval Europe back on Earth and that wasn't the strangest part, first off there was the name on the welcoming sign.

"Ponyville what the hell kind of a name is that" I said to myself.
The second thing that was strange is sure enough there was a castle rising above the village was a castle, but it wasn't made of stone from how the light of the sun was reflecting off it seemed to be made of some sort of crystalline material. Then I saw what really caught me off guard and it was ponies everywhere and the strangest thing was they were Technicolor. Then I noticed unique physical features the obvious was they were only about three feet tall, some had wings which I realized from ancient mythology as Pegasus others had horns on theirs head obviously unicorns while the rest looked like your normal every day horse. The one thing that they all shared in common were these strange markings on the sides with each one different than the previous ones.

" Ponies that are brightly colored and have wings or horns I must be really out of it" I muttered " Well no use just standing here better go meet the locals and find out where I am who lives in the castle" as I headed in. The moment I got half a block into the town all the ponies around me stopped what they were doing and started staring at me, I couldn't blame them they have never seen a human let alone something that was seven foot three inches tall before and wearing armor . At the same time some started whispering to each other in plain English

Thanks to my enhanced hearing I heard everything.

"What is he" one asked

"What is that he is wearing" another demanded

"Looks like some kind of armor" replied the first one

I just ignored it and continued on my way. by the time I got to the town square I was alerted to the gurgling of my gut, I hadn't eaten since yesterday and I was starving luckily one of the shops caught my attention, Ponyvillle cafe said the sign above the door. Seeing this s a chance to get some found and some Intel I head over to it. As I stepped through the door I raised my visor to readjust my eyes every one of the ponies in side went quite as they saw a towering unknown creature step in side with the only sound being the dull thud of my combat boots as I stepped hunched over to the main counter. The tan pony with a red mane was caught off guard when he saw me stumbling back a few inches.

"H-H-Hello T-There" He said apparently frightened

"Hi" came my muffled reply from behind the face guard of my helmet

"H-How can I help you" he asked

Looking at the menu I told him what I wanted

"Can I get a Cesar salad one large strawberry lemonade and a slice of watermelon" I asked happily

"Sorry can you repeat that I didn't quiet catch that" he asked

Realizing my mistake I took of my helmet, "sure" I replied as I took it off as he replied with a shock gasp

"What’s wrong" I asked him worriedly

"Nothing" he said "It’s just your face” he continued

"What about it" I asked with concern not knowing what was wrong with it but he quickly did

"It's just that you have two long scars running down the left side of it" he said

My attention quickly alerted to what he was talking about, the two four inch long scars running down the left side of my face half an inch apart at a forty five degree angle.

"Oh these had them awhile nothing new but what I was asking is could I please get a Cesar salad a large strawberry lemonade and a slice of watermelon" I said to the still scared male pony standing in front of me.

"S-Sure thing just a second okay" he stuttered and returned a few seconds later with my order

"That will be ten bits please' He said with a small bit of fear still in his voice. Taking off my pack I set it on the counter and fished out a ruby and a piece of amethyst putting them in front of him

"I hope this will do as equal value it's what I have and I'm new around here" I said with a small smile

"It will do" he said as put them in the register. As I picked up my meal and my helmet and started to move to a vacant table he asked me a question.

One last thing may I ask you name sir" He asked

"V'than what’s your" Was my answer. "Green Leaf" He replied. Pleasure meeting you Green Leaf, on that note I made my way to a vacant table, due to the lack of chairs I sat on the floor Indian style and started eating while at the same time catching Green Leaf being asked numerous question by the other ponies in the cafe before hesitantly walking over to me.

"Excuse me Mr. V'than did you say it was some of the other customers have asked me find out what you are where you are from and what that stuff is you are wearing and how you got those scars?”

"I don't see any harm in it" I replied setting down my fork and turning to face them so they could all hear me.

"Where to start? well first off I am a Human and from the looks I received walking through town and coming here, odds are you have never seen a human" I started off "I can say the same thing seeing as I have never seen brightly colored talking ponies before" as I continued stopping to take a few bites of my salad

"Secondly I come from a place Called Auraxis it's the land where I was born" I said lying to them since Auraxis was in fact a planet and I didn't want to scare the by telling them I was an alien.

"And finally what I am wearing is combat armor since I'm a solider it’s what I normally wear" Came my final answer which took them by surprise but seemed to calm their fears as I finished up the last of my meal and put the glass and plate in the return bin.

"The scars I got in a recent war which only ended three years ago" I continued which caught them completely by surprise.

As I headed for the door I stopped and turned around looking towards Green Leaf

"Oh and Green Leaf that salad was the best dam thing I have ever tasted so here is a little something for your troubles" I said as I lightly tossed him another ruby, before stepping out the door. I had only gotten half way out when I found myself falling face first into ground and hearing two voices of female origins land behind me with a loud oomph. Quickly jumping to my feet and turning around I saw two ponies laying on the ground, I could tell they were female due to the builds of the body quickly taking note of their appearances one had a pure white coat and a strange two toned electric blue mane and tail along with magenta colored eyes and a conical horn on her forehead with those strange marking on her side of a backwards facing music note which, by far stood out the most. The other pony was a normal one but had dark grayish brown fur jet black hair and violet eyes which you don't see every day but the feature that stood out the most was those darn marking on her side, it was some kind of music note or something.

"Oh crap sorry about that" I quickly said with a hint of concern in my voice as I helped them to their feet well hooves in this instance

"Ow my head Watch were you’re going yo-" Said the white pony stopping half way as she saw what had tripped over her, a look of shock and fear washing over her face.

"Um Um H-Hi" She said shakily “Sorry that I tripped over you was hard to see you there since I had to bend over to get out the door" I said to her by this time the grayish one was looking at her

“You okay Vinyl" She asked

"Yeah I'm okay Octy thanks for asking but who or what is he" She asked her apparent friend as she point a hoof at me

"I don't know but it looks like your glasses broke when he fell over us" She proclaimed in an accent similar to an English one as she handed Vinyl a pair of sunglasses with magenta lenses with the exception that one had broken in half and the frame that held it had broken into three separate pieces.

"horseapples these were my favorite thanks a lot Mr” she said to me angrily as she took the glasses in some sort of telekinetic field effect. Seeing this I felt bad but knew I could repair the lens and frame with some of the Nanite repair gel in my tool kit, but at the same time something strange happened. In the brief instance she gave me the angry look hers eyes went from magenta to a crimson red, I figured I was seeing things and thought nothing of it.

"Look I'm sorry about accidentally breaking your glasses but, I can fix them I have a special kind of tool that can fix them I you would like me to" I said to her as I knelt down and extended my hand to her she hesitated at first but slowly handed them to me.

"Fine just as long as they still look cool when you are done" she shot at me in an angry tone

"okay then if you want to watch your more than welcome to" I offered to both of them before kneeling down in front of one of the tables set up outside the cafe. I put the pieces of frame and lens on the table and taking my pack off and taking out my field servicing tool kit and taking out a small cleaning brush and my tube of repair gel.

"How is that going to fix vinyl’s glass" asked Octavia somewhat confused at what I was doing

"Just sit and watch and you'll see" I replied as I put the two halves of the lens together lining up the fracture marks so they would be the proper shape. I then spread a thin layer of Nanite repair gel over the long thin line where it had broken and within a few seconds the Nanites had completely repaired the lens leaving it as if it was brand new. I then slid the lens back into the remnants of the frame it had sat in and repeated the same process with the three pieces that had broken off and within five minutes the shades looked as if they had just been made.

"Here you go good as new" I said as I handed them back to Vinyl who shared the same stunned and surprised look as Octavia.

"How did you do that" Asked a bewildered Vinyl

"Nanite Repair gel it can repair broken or damaged stuff in a matter of seconds" I replied "It's something my species came up with about 75 years ago" I added in "By the way may I ask your names?"

"I'm Vinyl Scratch Canterlots most well-known DJ's and this is my Marefriend and love of my life Octavia Melody" She said happily as she put on her sunglasses and put a hoof around Octavia who blushed a little
"Pleasure to meet you both" I replied

"My I ask what your name is" Octavia ask curiously

"I am Captain V'than of the 157th Infantry Division New Conglomerate army" Was my answer

“Aww sweet a solider “Vinyl said ecstatically "but what the heck is that stuff your wearing is it some kind of armor" She asked shortly after

"It Is It's Heavy assault composite armor made of light weight but very strong materials" I said to her "But I have a question for you, Do you know who lives in that castle o-" before I could finish something pink jumped out of a large flower pot that was near by catching me off guard causing me fall onto my back. My Mind switching to combat mode and quickly drawing my mag shot thankful that I had loaded a clip of non-lethal rounds into it.

"Hi" The pink pony said in a squeaky female voice.

"My name's Pinkie Pie what’s your?" It asked

Getting up I kept my pistol raised and aimed at her, which caused Octavia to become alarmed she knew how dangerous guns could be ever since the previous year with the Silver horse shoes when she found out Vinyl was a vampire and she became a Lycan.

“Wait Wait its okay she’s a friend of ours she just does this around new people" Shouted Octavia with some urgency. To which I slowly moved my finger away from the trigger and slowly re-holstered it before standing up with an angry and rather irritated look on my face.

"My name is V'Than and didn't your parents ever teach not to sneak up on someone like that" I angrily shouted to the so called Pinkie pie.

"Well somebody's a grumpy pants, I was just wanting to say hi" Said Pinkie putting on a look that looked like a face an angry child would give their parents.

"Well next time you want to me someone try just walking up to them and saying hello and jumping out and scaring the daylights out of them" I asked her is as calm of a voice as I can summon

"Okey Dokey Lokey" She says with a big smile before taking at a speed that I can’t even fathom leaving me dumbstruck

"O-kay the hell was that" I ask Vinyl and Octavia who are still standing next to me

"Aw don't worry about it that's just Pinkie being Pinkie" Vinyl chuckled.

“If you say so but she should lay off the sugar for about a month" I respond to her comment still in disbelief at how fast she moved.

"What was it you were asking before Pinkie showed up" Octavia asked me probably because I didn't get to finish my question.

"I was asking if you knew who lived in that castle over there I'm assuming it is someone with a high political standing" Came my reply because I needed someone who held a political office who I could better explain where I was really from because a politician usually was able to handle a situation like mine better.

"We do our friend princess Twilight Sparkle lives in it. Octavia said "Why is it so important that you need to see her?" she asked I knew I couldn't tell them everything so I would have to tell a small lie

"Well frankly I have no idea what country apart from knowing I'm in a town called Ponyville that just so happens to be full of multicolored ponies" Was the only answer I gave which kind of shocked them.

"Well I can answer that first part, you’re in the country of Equestria I don't think Twilight will mind if we go and see her" Vinyl said to me with a concerned smile on her face which I could tell that I had made her worried.

"Great but first is the a Bank nearby where I could exchange the gems in my backpack for the local currency I really don't want to carry them around without raising some suspicion" I asked since well yeah I figured it would be better if I could trade them for an equal some of money.

"Heck yes the bank is just down the street come we'll show you" Vinyl said with excitement seeing as how I wasn't intending to do anything dangerous

"Alright then lead the way" I said and with that Vinyl and Octavia lead me to the bank which was ten minutes down the street and quiet impressive looking since it resembled and ancient and old fashioned bank from the nineteenth century stepping inside was easy it was trying to convince a teller that I wasn't some lunatic.

After half an hour of trying to convince the teller to give the exact equivalent amount of money which was called bits we finally left and I wasn't in the best mood after.

"of all the incompetent idiots I've met in my life that teller was a total dumbass" As I put the pouch containing my newly acquired bits into my back pack still upset that the gems I had given him were only worth five grand

"What do you mean by that" asked" Octavia slightly concerned

"Where I am from those gems would have been worth at least 8.5 million Freedom Credits"

"Freedom credits?" Asked Vinyl with some curiosity as we started on our way to the castle again

"Yeah where I come my home "land" of Auraxis we have three factions that rule over a certain percentage of it I belong to the faction known as the New Conglomerate and our money is the Freedom Credit" As I tried to explain it to them the best I could while stopping to take a drink of water from my canteen.

"Three factions can you guys get along and be united like us" asked Vinyl whose curiosity was starting to get excited

"I wish so, throughout our history we have never been a completely united race and don't get me started on how long we have had wars with each other" Was my reply

"Why how bad can your wars be?" Asked a now slightly scared Octavia thinking this human was some sort of monster.

"Trust me you don't want to know because I fought in our most recent war and that only ended three years ago" I said

Think quickly how important it might be to makes some friends here I decided since Vinyl and Octavia were the only ponies who weren't that scared of me I figured I could ask them.

"Can I ask you two a personal question?" I chimed in

"Sure what is it?" asked Octavia in her thick accent

"Is it okay if I call you two friends? You are the only ones who don't seem scared by my appearance or the answers I've given to your question? I asked them

Quickly looking at each other and whispering in their ear for once which I couldn't hear they turned toward me with smiles

"I think that would be AWESOME" Cheered Vinyl all excited not knowing she had just befriended an alien

"Well alrighty then that is great hehe look at me been here a day and I'm already making friends" I chuckled full of Joy

As we finally reached the castle gate which was more like a set of gold trimmed double French doors. Before we even got to the doors themselves we were instantly stopped

"HALT who goes there" Shouted a demanding voice My head snapping to face who ever had asked only to see what looked like a tan Pegasus with a blue mane in armor that looked like ancient Roman armor geez this place is weird I thought.

"Relax Sentry It's just me and Vinyl" chirped Octavia with a slight giggle

Sorry Octavia but, I meant that tall thing behind you" He Said

"OYE I am not a thing I am a human buddy and more importantly a solider too” I snapped at him I also wanted his name so I knew who was talking to me.

"What’s your name solider" I asked him in a gruff voice.

"Flash Sentry"

"Well then Flash Sentry nice to meet you but I am in a hurry and these two polite Mares said that their friend Princess Twilight Sparkle lived that correct" I said to him

"y-yes why" He asked slightly scared.

"Let’s just say for the moment it’s classified" I said "But, Let me ask you a question that might make it easier for you to understand. Do you have any type of air transport vehicles?"

"Yes but not that many why" Asked a now curious Flash Sentry "why?"

"Let’s just say the one I crash landed here in the forest isn't taking off anytime soon and I would like the help of any political representatives to help me explain where I am from"

"Okay but I'll have to ask you to hand over that thing on your hip "He said as he point to my Mag-shot not knowing I had my T4 holstered behind it

"What’s your rank Flash sentry" I asked

"Lieutenant" He said

"Good because the last time I checked a Lieutenant doesn't tell a Captain what to do with his weapon" I said in a manner that made me seem like I was a drill Sargent

Hearing this he immediately snapped to attention and saluted me. "Sorry sir I should have asked your rank first" He said somewhat startled

"It’s alright now can I speak to Princess Twilight already" I said in a hurried voice

"Of course Sir but you will need to be escorted Ms. Scratch Ms. Melody you can come too.' He said as turned to head in side

“Lead the way" I said as I flicked my Visor down


To Be Continued

Author's Note:

Now before you guys all start bombarding me with atomic dislikes and on the part with Vinyl Scratch being a vampire and Octavia a lycan I did Ask Dennis the Menace for permission if I could use some of his story in mine for a plot twist and some laughs along as i gave him credit for his material and that it was his property and his original idea . In the next Chapter V'than will Meet Princess Twilight and the mane 6 along with the CMC and Nyx along with Celestia and Luna especially Luna who is also a vampire from Dennis's story until then keep your head on the swivel

P.s Luna and V'than won't start off as the best of friends ;)