• Published 24th Dec 2014
  • 1,087 Views, 42 Comments

Friendship Still is Magic - ultronquake



Twilight Sparkle and her new found allies, Cloudchaser, Berry Punch, Lyra Heartstrings, Lotus Blossom and Derpy hooves must confront an ancient threat in the Everfree Forest. And, you know also do that thing the princess said about making friends.

  • ...
3
 42
 1,087

I'd rather we all be happy instead

Twilight Sparkle now sporting a short tail and still slightly overweight rushed to the Ponyville city hall. Princess Celestia's chariot was coming in for a smooth landing, her guard galloping as they beat their wings in synchronized rhythm. As the golden transport came to a stop Celestia took a step outside and looked at her surroundings. "It's amazing how fast this has grown in only a hundred years," she remarked to herself.

Ponyville was having a bright night, all was basked in the bright white light of the full moon. "Even now dear sister you still make the nights beautiful for all," she thought to herself. The reflective moment was interrupted by an outburst from her escort. "Halt who goes there?"

The reply came from a pony Celestia had been looking forward to seeing. "Princess Celestia it's me Twilight!" The out of breath unicorn said. "Ah Twilight my beloved student, I'm terribly sorry i could not see you in person this morning but things get so busy in Canterlot before the celebration. If you would please report on your progress, i wish to know how things have been going."

"Yes princess, that's why i ran over here as fast as i could, I-I regretfully inform you that i did not Finnish the list you gave me." She looked down at the ground ashamed of her negligence of duties. Celestia was a bit taken back by this, "This isn't like you Twilight, your usually so diligent with you assignments."

"I'm so very sorry princess, things were going fine when spike became ill, the only place left open was the spa so we sent him in for a steam bath. We were going to finish the list here but we ran out of time," Twilight's eyes were full of tears her mind racing with ideas of her dismissal as Celestia's apprentice.

"Oh your talking about the preparations, i wanted to hear about the important stuff. Did you make any new Friends?" At this point Spike and Derpy Hooves came rushing up. "*Huff*Wheeze* Jeez Twilight do you have to run so fast? We've been trying to catch you for ten minuets!" Said Derpy as she set Spike down on the ground.

"Princess i'd like you to meet my new friend Derpy Hooves, shes been helping Spike and I since we landed in Ponyville," Twilight said with a smile.

The Princess stood a good head above Derpy who was surprised to be introduced to royalty. "A pleasure to meet you my little pony. Tell me are you from Ponyville?"

"Ya-Yes Pa-Princess I've lived in Ponyville my whole l-life." She was trying to focus her eyes both strait ahead not wishing to make a bad impression.

"There's nothing to be afraid of dear, i simply wish to know a little about the pony my student would call her friend," the princess said with a reassuring voice.

This seemed to calm Derpy some, as she relaxed her eyes returned to the way they were before one looking up and one down. "Sorry princess it's just I've never met a pony as important as you before, i'm pretty nervous right now."

"Perfectly understandable child," she paused for a moment. "How about we chat some more after the celebration, right now i have to start preparing backstage."

The princess of the sun bid them a good night and began walking towards the hall when the doors burst open. Behind them stood a fuming white unicorn with what looked like a well maintained purple mane now in disarray. Wrapped around her were a string of Hearths Warming Eve lights. She was screaming something back into the hall at her pursuers, "-Until there insist an inch of Equestria that hasn't been utterly transformed by MY creative genius!"

The response from the royal guard was swift toward the perceived threat to their leader. "Unhand me you brutes! I'm a very important pony, a VIP you here? Let me go! I still need to talk with the inspector about the decorations." Despite being under a pile of four soldiers Rarity was managing to put up quite the struggle. Celestia turned to look at her student raising an eyebrow.

"He he yeah this ones kinda my fault," Twilight was visibly shrinking back somewhat akin to the way Fluttershy was acting before.

"Stand down men." Said Celestia in an authoritative voice, the pegasi obeyed her command, got up off Rarity and moved beside their princess. "Young one i can understand wishing to share your talent and creations with the world, but forcing them on others is not the right way to do so. Such actions have led to the ruin of ponies before, i do not wish to see it repeated." Her whole determiner was sorrowful and pain was in her voice.

The change in Rarity was immediate, she seemed to regain control over her self. "Oh my what have i been doing?" She looked at the lights entwining her body and felt a bit ashamed. "Thank you Princess! I must go apologize to the Mayor and fix the decorations, Hearth Warming lights what was i thinking.. so tacky." She then ran from whence she came, her voice echoing back outside. "Mayor Mare? Sorry for locking you in that closet but we need to fix this mess."

Celestia was smiling but her smile was tinged by a deep sadness, Twilight looked at her teacher and realized what was getting her down. "Princess this is about Nightmare Moon isn't it?" Celestia turned to face Twilight, "Sharp as always my pupil."

"I think you should know, I've made more discoveries regarding the prophecy. There are in fact stars converging at a point in between the moon and us. We need to take action! We need-" Celestia interrupted her and began stoking a hoof through her students hair. "Don't have fear Twilight, I know you will succeed." Celestia said, her eyes were filled with pride. With that she and her guard entered the building to begin their preparations.

"What does any of this mean? I will succeed, succeed at what?" Twilight thought to herself. It was now Derpy's turn to enter the building, "They probably still need help setting up in there, I'm gonna see what i can do." With that she flew in the open doors, leaving Twilight by her lonesome.

Twilight was about to head inside when she found herself minus one dragon, Spike had been oddly silent this whole ordeal, where could he have gotten to. She found him sitting beside the city hall resting his head in his hands. "Golly what a doll."

"Spike there you are, come on get your head in gear we still have allot to do before the night is over," said Twilight

"How could i possibly get anything done Twilight? I just met the woman of my dreams," said the starry eyed dragon.

"Aw, who's the lucky filly big guy?" She actually was pretty curious, there had only been ponies he already known there, had he met somepony when he wandered off?

"I don't know her name yet but i can remember every gorgeous detail about her, her pearl white skin-" "Is he talking about the princess?" Twilight thought. "- her deep blue eyes, that luxuriant purple mane, I don't think i'll ever be the same Twilight."

"Wait are you talking about Rarity, the pony that was about to engulf the world in stringed lights a bit ago?" Twilight asked still a bit unbelieving.

"Hmm yeah, isn't she wonderful," he let out a happy sigh.

"Alright Casanova were having a little talk after tonight." She levitated the small dragon child off the ground and onto her back where he continued to act like a fool in love.

When the two rounded the corner again they were greeted by a host of familiar faces from today. In the group was Applejack and her cart full of pies and pastries, Rainbow Dash pushing Fluttershy by her flank, a very exited pink pony who could not stop bouncing. Some faces Twilight was happier to see included Lyra who was tuning her instrument, Lotus and Aloe who finally got to close the spa down for the night, there were large glass containers filled with an reddish amber liquid, probably the tea but no Berry Punch to carry them.

It looked as if the population of Ponyville was encircling the town hall in eager anticipation of what was to come. For their sake Twilight hoped it would be the sunrise that awaited them.

Author's Note:

I decided that since were past the character introductions i'm gonna work on smaller chapters for a while

Things are gonna git a bit ridiculous next chapter.:pinkiehappy: