• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 324 Views, 15 Comments

Scars to win them all - jrock117



This story has been canceled and is being rewritten. It's supposed to be about a young Colt named Scar who wants to grow up and help others while also attaining his own goal.

  • ...
 15
 324

The Rainboom Off in the Dstanance

"Holy... Shit... This... Is... Tough." I say, breathing heavily. I rest upon a branch catching my breath. I have started my test to get to Ponyville quite some time ago. This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I've taken to the branches of the trees to get there quicker, and it seems to be going well, other than the fact that this is taking forever. How far have I gotten anyways? I crouch down and jump off my branch to go above the tree tops. I see Canterlot quite a few miles away. Damn. I have to get there before sun rise on Sunday. My vision is soon obscured by the green of forest leaves as I land on a branch a ways away from the one I jumped off. I jump off my branch, it seems to have swung me away as well, as I continue onward towards my destination.

The sun has passed the point of noon and I'm still jumping from branch to branch. I land on a new branch and look at the ground, can't even see it. I rest on this branch and close my eyes, thinking of what sensei would do right now. "Twenty-one hours huh?" I begin to think at how powerful he truly is. Strong, fast, intelligent, wise. I open my eyes to see a family of birds fly past me, maneuvering through the leaves and branches. "Hmm." I jump from my branch to the next, but in a straight line. I land on the next one, amazement in my eyes. "Wow, that's a lot faster than earlier."

I do this for the next dozen or so trees. As I look down, I see a river flowing beneath me. I jump off the branch I am now on, for no reason what so ever, straight for the river. A splash is evoked that would make a boulder jealous. "WATER!!!" I shout as I, somehow, jump out of the river. A trail of water forming in an arch. I turn to face the river, any sign of disturbance gone by now, as I lick my dry lips. "One sip wouldn't hurt." I go to drink from the running water, but I control myself. I would have to boil it first to get rid of anything harmful within it. I jump back onto the branches and head for Ponyville.

It's now night fall, the Mare in the Moon high up in the sky. And I just jump, and jump, and jump. I've been doing this nonstop for a while now. I stop at my new branch and place my head against the tree. "This is impossible!" I yell. "How am I supposed to make there in two days if I'm not even half way there yet!" I move my head away from the tree, and something catches my eye. It's a dent where my head just was. Strange, I don't remember smashing my head into it. Did I push into the tree when I placed my head there? Doesn't matter now, I have to make up for lost time. I begin to pick up the pace.

The sun has just risen into the sky, and I haven't slept yet. So I am tired as fuck. I stumbled on a few jumps, almost making me fall to the bottom. I have taken enough time as it is just to make sure I don't die, this is taking way to long. I can see a nice spot on a branch for laying down and taking a break. The temptation almost gets hold of me, but I snap out of it. I have to get to Ponyville before tomorrow, or else. "Wait. TOMORROW!?!?" I look up towards the sky with a hoof over my face. "Damn, this isn't good." I know what this test is for, but couldn't he have given me something, different. Beat him in a fight, deceive him, or anything else besides this. I look towards the branches and keep jumping, if I don't pay attention to my destination and keep jumping, I should get there in no time. Right?

It's well pass noon, and I've now made it half way there. There is no indication that I made it half way, but I just know it. I have not fallen yet, and I don't plan on it. I won't give up, my whole goal in life is riding on this. I must keep going. I stop on a branch, tears going down my face. "What's the point?" I say, a quake in my voice. "I'm not gonna pass this test, it's useless to keep on trying." I sit on the branch and let my legs dangle off. "I'm just going to sleep here." I rest my head upon the branch and drift off to dreamland.

"What, where am I?" I ask, turning my head. It seems that my dream has taken me to a weird place. It's like Canterlot, but, destroyed. I walk through the rubble of the city as I come closer to a wrecked castle. It looks intact, but a little bit ruined. I open the large doors to see Celestia and... Somepony else on the ground. They have wings and a horn, most likely an Alicorn, the royal regalia, and a crescent moon surrounded by the night sky for a cutie mark. She seems familiar. I walk pass them to the throne room. The big, giant, royal doors to the throne room are closed and intimidating. I use as much force as I can to open them, and they slowly slide open with a large, low, long, unwanted creek. I look in horror as the room is in shambles. The windows are broken, allowing me to see the grey skies of ash and thunder. The rest of the doors are broken off their hinges. All of the pillars that lead up to the ceiling are smashed. Rubble everywhere as the long rug is strewn about in an un regal matter. It seems everything is ruined, except for the throne. No, the throne is a special case. I feel my heart sink as I look at the terror before me. It, seems to be a dark entity standing on the throne. But the reason I'm so terrified is because, it's me.

As I stare at this look-a-like being, a fire erupts around us and the palace grows dim, leaving him in my sight. I see a broken headband upon his head, the nail is clearly visible. That's me alright. Me, shrouded in a dark cloak. Dragon wings coming out of my back. Claws on my forelegs instead of hooves. White, glowing, emotionless eyes. I'm taller too. I rub my eyes to try and see if what I'm looking at is correct. When I look again, my image was replaced by a giant Dragon, I feel as if it's a lord of some kind. The castle is replaced by one less, for lack of a better word, regal. I move a little closer to the being and see Celestia and... the other Alicorn, she looks so familiar, walk pass me. I can see they're talking, but, I can't understand what they're saying. Their lips are moving, but words aren't coming out. I see Celestia slam a hoof into the ground, which only causes the dragon lord to drink from its ruby chalice. I get a good look at the room before me, it's, really big. Bigger than the royal Canterlot library, and that place is fucking humongous. It's black and green. There's also... HOLY SHIT, IS THAT MONSTER!!! The dragon got up on it's hind legs and walked closer to the princesses, I'm convinced the second alicorn is a princess. As it walks closer to them, they pull out six stone orbs, each with a different looking gem on them. It stretches its arms out and stands still, the princesses are taken aback by this action. Nonetheless, they poor their magic into the orbs and fire, a rainbow colored beam, at the lord. It just smiles as it hits, turning it into ash as it flies off through one of the windows.

"Nyeh." I look forward in a cold sweat. I blink my eyes a few times to try and remember what just happened. Was that a dream? What was the dream? "Damn it. I can't remember." I get up to my legs, and almost tumble over. I'm still tired. I look up to the sky, and it seems it has only been an hour. I look down into the darkness of the forest and think. I forget what about, I just, think. I hear a large boom to the right of me, when I look over, I see a large circular rainbow, and it's spreading out. Is this another dream? It doesn't take long for it to take up most of the sky above me, it kinda just lingers. A wave of rainbow had been formed in the sky and, something happens to me. I feel, powerful, it's like something inside me has awakened from a deep sleep. I feel like I have never disobeyed sleep, I'm no longer tired. What the hell is this surge of power? I feel like I can move mountains. "I feel strong." I look at my fore hooves, and then my surroundings. "I feel great!" I get into a crouch. "I CAN WIN!" I shout as I rocket into the air, farther than I have ever done before, and higher for that matter. "I! CAN! DO! IT!" I shout at the top of my lungs. I fly threw the air at quite a speed that you'd think I was a Pegasus. I quickly fall straight onto a branch, bending it a little bit, and rocket my self off again, gaining more speed and height as the branch swung me further. "SENSEI, I'M COMING FOR YOU! AND I'LL SHOW YOU THAT I'M THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!" I yell.

It's not long before I reach the Ponyville border, what ever that boost was, it was awesome. Thanks to that power boost, I made it here before the sun even set. I felt unstoppable, but now, I just want to go to sleep. Where's that cottage sensei told me about? I look around for a house, a shack, anything that somepony could live in, nothing. "Wait, the map." I take off my bag and pull out the map of Ponyville. I look everywhere on the map for it. I find a cottage in the upper right corner of the map. "Is that it." I look away from the map to see the cottage off in the distance. I walk towards it and stop. Is somepony already there?

"Yo." I get scared the shit out of when I hear sensei behind me. "Whoa, sorry. Didn't mean to scare ya." He scratches the back of his head with a hoof, eyes showing his smile. "That was a neat little trick you pulled back there." I don't know what he meant by that, seems he can tell by looking at me. He waves his hoof. "Forget about it. Looks like you made it to Ponyville, and in less than forty hours." I can't think right now, I'm way too tired. "You look like you could use some sleep." He starts to head off in the opposite direction of the cottage I found on the map, away from Ponyville. "I'll lead you to my place." I follow him into the woods. We walk for quite a distance until his place of living is in view. I run up to it, almost falling over as I do so, to open the door. I collapse on the ground and drift off to sleep.