• Published 22nd Dec 2014
  • 331 Views, 15 Comments

Scars to win them all - jrock117



This story has been canceled and is being rewritten. It's supposed to be about a young Colt named Scar who wants to grow up and help others while also attaining his own goal.

  • ...
 15
 331

Enough!!! part 4

A bell rings through the halls, the sound being heard in every room on the first floor. I stretch my forelegs out in and tilt my head to the side. "Aaaahhhhmmmm. Is it time for lunch already? Heh, thought it'd never come." I say. I get out of my desk and reach for my bag on the ground next to me. As I stand up, I see a blue earth pony having trouble getting out of his seat. Being the colt I am, I walk over to him to see if he wants help. I extend my hoof over to him and he just looks at me. "Yo, need any help?" I ask, he still just looks at me, weirdly for that matter. "Uh, hello? Equestria to... I don't even know your name." I scratch the back of my head with my other hoof, closing my eyes.

I feel a hoof grasp onto mine, "It's Blur." He speaks in a raspy, immature voice. I open my eyes to see him smiling at me. Look of determination in his eyes, I know that look. "Aren't ya gonna help me outta this desk?" He asks, totally forgot about that.

"Sure." Is all I say as I pull on his hoof, I see that he pushes on the desk. "Alright, you should be... out of there... in a... JIFF!" I say, not expecting him to pop out of his desk. We fly a couple inches back, well, I slide. He's the one that flew. He falls right next to me, I then sit up to see if he's ok. "You ok, dude?" I ask. I really wasn't expecting him to fly out of the desk.

He rubs his left foreleg. I think he's looking for a bruise. "Yeah, I'm fine. So, what's your name?" He looks at me as he asks this. The look of determination is now on my face as I stand up. I point a hoof at him.

"My name..." I put my hoof over my chest in the same fashion as ever. "Is Scar Cross." I then use the same hoof to pull him up to his. I totally forgot that I'm one of the only ponies that stands and walks on their rear legs. "Whoa, thought you'd be taller." I say. He's not amused.

"You don't look that tall either, you're only a few inches taller than me, and you're standing on your rear legs." He replies, damn he's right. I'm not that tall either. Damn it Celestia, why did you make me so short. Ugh. "Hey." He breaks my train of thought, thanks. "You goin' outside for lunch as well?" Oh yeah, 'the usual'.

I nod. "Yup, got my lunch in my bag over there." I reply, pointing a hoof towards my bag. "I was just gonna eat alone, like I usually do." I say, sheepishly scratching the back of my head. "Speaking of which, I see you also eat alone." My eyes look through the window at the tree that I have claimed as my spot. Idea. "Hey, you wanna eat lunch with me?" I ask, maybe making a friend that isn't twenty-or-so-years-old wouldn't be so bad.

"Sure, I was just gonna ask you the same thing." He nods to his own statement. I feel like I'm talking to myself. We both grab our bags and head out the class door. We begin talking about the things we like and the things we don't. Turns out, we have the same attraction to myths and legends, how 'bout that. We walk through the door to the school, followed by other ponies coming out with us, and we head for my spot.

Ten minutes have passed since we sat down. We are in the middle of a conversation of 'Who would win: Acrylis, the foal-eater and parent-taker, or Yuki, the mare of the wind and traveler-killer'. I'm with Yuki.

"Yuki would so win, she can't be seen by mortals. Not to mention that she can fly as well." I retort in defense. Yuki is a tall, white mare who always wears a long, bland dress. She is, pretty much dead. She whispers to her prey through the wind, making them go insane before she devours them with her second mouth. She has no face, besides her first mouth, you wouldn't know this at first look because she hides the rest with her long blue mane. Her second mouth goes from the top of her neck, down to her, um, 'private area'.

"Case ya forgot, Acrylis isn't mortal, far from it. Plus, he don't need to fly, he can just grab her with his black tendrils from his back." He retorts back. Acrylis is an insane, immortal, disturbing, mangled, and morbid stallion. He not only feasts on the fears of foals, but them as well. He also takes their parents and brings them to any nearby river and drowns them with his tendrils. He is mostly black with a few orange spots on his coat, spots from when he was mortal. He is very, very tall, and his four tendrils can stretch to about, fifteen feet. His eyes spiral down from the side of the sclera to the pupil. His teeth are sharper than a freshly made obsidian blade, and he has no forelegs. He tends to walk on his rear legs, which are always bent. When he stands, he towers over Celestia.

"Holy crap, you're right, his tendrils can even grasp the dead." I say in defeat. Damn, that's the fifth battle so far and Acrylis won again. I wonder, what could beat a monster like Acrylis.

"Becha he could even beat that foals-play Nightmare Moon." He says, devious smile on his face.

"No." I am serious right now, nopony could beat Nightmare Moon, not even a monster. "He couldn't possibly beat her."

"What makes ya think that, she got beat by six magical amulets"- I cut him off.

"She didn't get beaten by anything!" I yell, this really pissed me off. I don't know why. He looks at me in total surprise. "She was banished. She also out matched Celestia in power, and Celestia can rise and lower both the sun and the moon. Nightmare can also dream walk and screw with your mind, making even the insane not want to fuck with her. She is the monster of monsters. She's very much alive, and immortal as well. She would BREAK Acrylis to the very core. Of. His. Being." If my words didn't show my internal inferno, my eyes sure did.

"Sorry dude, didn't mean to make you that mad." He apologizes, he sits back down and enjoys the banana he won from the last fight. I look down at the ground and, I don't know, what the hell was that? I don't think I've gotten that pissed over something so small, ever. I feel a tear going down the side of my cheek. Why am I crying right now? It's just a battle, right? "You're right though, she would win."

"Yeah, sorry I got so pissed. I don't even know where that came from." I apologize in return. I rub my left foreleg with my right. He seems to be enjoying the rest of his winnings as well. Two bananas, two pairs, and the one golden apple. I sit back down and place my head into my hooves. I feel something, soft, poke me in the side. I look over to see Blur handing me my golden apple.

"Here, ya won. Ya told me that golden apples are your favorite fruit, 'member. I was gonna eat it in front of ya for last, just so I could rub my victories in your face. But sadly, I lost. You deserve this for your victory." He says, honesty in his words. I wipe the tear from my face from earlier and take the apple. Now I see a tear fall onto my apple, from my eyes again. A few more fall onto the apple before I wipe it on my coat and put it in my basket.

"Thanks dude." I spoke with a slight quake to my voice. I go to zip up my bag, but I'm interrupted by a hoof to my side.

"The bell hasn't rung yet. We got, like, thirty more minutes before we have to go back to class." He says. Oh yeah, that didn't take long, did it? Ah well. He smiles at me, showing he has forgiven me and my little outburst. I smile in return, not noticing that his became that of a demons. "Oh, and I didn't know you liked Nightmare Moon that much."

I literally choke on air, that, does not hurt as much as you'd think. My cheeks feel really, really hot now. "I don't like her. I-I mean, I do, but... But not like that!" I yell the last bit.

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!" He just rolls on the ground, laughing his ass off. My blood is boiling now. I don't like Nightmare Moon. She's a monster, she's evil incarnate. She's... a legend. I couldn't possibly like a legend, could I? It's impossible. Do I... like her... that way. "Hahaha... ha... ohboy... Heheheh." He tries to catch his breath. "Dude, it's just a joke, relax. Heheheh."

"Yeah. Yeah, just a joke." I begin to chuckle a little bit. That's just silly, I think too much sometimes. I think back to the golden apple. Hm. "Hey, dude, you know how the Dread Scythe Organization has a seal to show their allegiance?" The Dread Scythe Organization is an evil group of mercenaries that try to kill the hero, Dragoon, in the comic series titled, well, the same name. Their seal is a red cloud, kinda doesn't fit the whole 'scythe' thing. Blur nods to this. "How about we have a symbol to show our friendship?" He places a hoof to his chin, thinking about my offer.

"I don't see why not. Alright, what'd ya have in mind?" He asks. I look over at the basket again and take out the golden apple. "Really, why's that?"

"Because this all started with our little argument. We would trade certain lunch items for every win. The apple went back and forth, from me to you and back again." I say this as if it were the most logical answer. "Makes sense, right?"

"Actually, it does. We have sewing next period, don't we?" He asks, he just continues on. "We could make ninja headbands, like the ones in Dragoon. An apple as the design, rather than the village symbol." Holy crap.

"That is the best idea ever." I reply, I take out a notebook from my bag. I pull out a pencil as well. "Lets draw a few designs before we get into class." He nods, we spend the rest of lunch doodling a symbol for our headbands. We settled on an apple with a nail behind it, as well as a heart in the middle.

"Alright, this is the best thing ever!" He pumps is fist into the air, I also do that. He blinks a few times before turning to me, an inquisitive look in his eyes. "Ya know what? I don't know your dream in life. Can't be friends if we don't know each other's dreams." That makes sense to me, maybe because I read to many comics. "Mine is to become the best of the royal guard. Not the captain, just, the best." He has a look that makes me believe nothing will take his dream away.

"Your dream isn't much different from mine, but is also a ways away." I say as I look him in the eyes. I stand up on my rear legs and look at the castle. I look back at the ground. "My name..." I look at the castle once more, my usual look of determination on my face. "Is Scar Cross!" I point a hoof towards the castle. "And my dream, no. My goal is..." I put my hoof on my chest. "To become the ultimate fighter!" A mental explosion of awesomeness happens behind me as I shout this, blowing my mane to the side. Blur just claps behind me.

"Dude, that was awesome! I felt like I was watching Dragoon in real life!" He says this in pure excitement. Holy crap, what?

"Are you serious, you thought I was that cool!?" I feel a little excited, I mean c'mon, he just said I was like Dragoon.

"Yeah dude!" The bell rings as he finishes. Five minutes before the next class starts. This is the coolest day ever!

Author's Note:

I might just put all the "Enough!!!" chapters all together in one chapter, or just make a short story with them. Let me see what I can do.
By the way, my fav chapter so far.