• Published 17th Jan 2015
  • 2,199 Views, 111 Comments

A Flowery Affair - Voltsthevoltvolts



When a Floran's ship breaks down in the space outside of the Equestria its captain has no choice to beam down to the planet. How will Ponyville cope with its slightly savage visitor?

  • ...
1
 111
 2,199

Hunger ssssssssssstrikesssssssssss

Morning in Equestria, a peaceful time for most. Princess Celestia had just finished rising the sun and the weather team had finished clearing the skies. Yet, in a few houses had an uneasy tension that clung to the residents. Lyra was one of these ponies, not because she was friends with an alien that had gotten in a fight with Princess Luna and not because she knew about the mystery ship near Equestria. Lyra's tension was brought about her uncertainty with her standing with Fern, mainly because Lyra thought that Fern did not want to be around her, or any other ponies.

Even thought Lyra would never normally visit Twilight first thing in the morning, she felt compelled to. It took Lyra a few minutes to walk over to the castle and much to her surprise Twilight was already wide awake.

"Uh... Good morning Twilight." Lyra groggily said. "Have you heard anything from Fern?"

"Sadly no, I haven't even seen her since she kicked us out of her ship." Twilight sighed. "I was hopping that she might have gone back to you..."

"Yeah... I get the feeling that she might not come back." Lyra stated. "I mean, she doesn't seem to be overly fond of us as a race... I think she just wants to fix her ship."

"I don't think its just that.... I get the feeling she just wants to fix her ship, I don't think she sees this as a big thing." Twilight rolled her eyes. "Then again, I don't really think we do either. I mean, Princess Luna didn't exactly roll out the red carpet."

"Yeah! Not to mention I haven't seen Princess Celestia at all!" Lyra huffed, she started to become more awake. "Maybe she isn't the first alien in Equestria."

"That may well be the case, but I haven't given up hope yet!" Twilight replied confidently. "I'm pretty sure an alien from space would be documented somewhere!"


"Ssssss..." Fern snored loudly, a beeping from the AI panel started to stir her. "Ssssssss!" Fern slowly got out of the large wooden bed. The AI panel continuing to beep. "Sssssssstop!" Fern shouted. The AI panel stopped beeping. "Sssssssss. Thank you." Fern groggily said as she got up, she moved over the the locker and took out a large chunk of cooked meat. Fern chomped down on the meat and moved over to the AI panel.

"Heh! The ship has requested access to out data banks seven-hundred and ninety-six times!" The AI stated. Fern shook her head. "Firing up the teleport..." The AI flashed and the white teleportation pad lit up. Fern moved over and was covered in a white light, within a moment Fern had vanished from the ship.

"Heheheheh! Seven-hundred and ninety-seven times!"


Fern beamed down in the Everfree forest, just outside of Ponyville. Fern sighed and started to slowly walk towards Ponyville, as much as she hated to admit it she needed some help. Just as Fern reached the boarder of Ponyville a strange scent caught her attention, trusting her instincts Fern followed the scent to a nearby farm when the smell became evident.

"Ssssss... Floran isssssssss hungry..." Fern mused to herself, she gently slipped into a large field full of freshly picked apples in baskets. The trees themselves were completely devoid of apples. "Hm... How sssssssstrange..." Fern moved over towards a large basket that was practically overflowing with apples, she carefully selected a large apple and inspected it. "Lookssssss tasty..." Fern mused to herself as she slowly rotated the apple.

"Hey! What in tarnation are you doing!?" Fern heard a voice shout, she quickly hid behind a nearby tree. "A'h see you there!" Fern panicked, she wasn't aware that the apples in baskets weren't for eating. "Get out from there!" Fern heard the familiar sound of hoofs approaching her, within moments a orange pony wearing some kind of Novakid hat came into view. "Now, what exactly are ya doing sneaking apples?"

"Ssssss..." Fern hissed. "Floran wassssss hungry."

"And you thought you could just waltz in here and eat our stock?" The pony inquired.

Fern shook her head. "Floran wasssssss no aware food wasssssss not for eating..." Fern shuffled around awkwardly and placed the apple back.

"Hmmmm, maybe we could work something out... A'h did hear from Rainbow Dash that you have a doo-hicky that can chop trees." The pony stated, Fern nodded. "Perhaps you could help?"

"Sssssss, Floran hassssss a device that can help." Fern happily said.

"Good, now come this way." The pony started walked into the field. Fern wearily followed, the pair quickly found themselves in front of a large burned tree. "Ya see, old Burth was struck by lightening. None of us can seem to pull her out."

"Sssss, Floran can chop the tree down, not pull it down." Fern stated.

"Well, we need it cut down... All sorts of critters are starting to make their little homes... Its all well and good until a parasprite moves in..." The pony explained, briefly taking off her hat and holding it under her chin. "If you could do the deed. A'h would appreciate it."

Fern nodded and pulled out the matter manipulator, she aimed the device at the bottom of the tree and then activated the device. The tree started to shake, due to its large size it started slowly. "Ssssssss, any ssssssecond now..." Fern sighed. The tree started to shake more violently until it finally gave, falling away from Fern and the pony. The charred wood neatly stacked itself in small bundles on the ground.

"Phew, that looked like hard work." The pony chuckled and put her hat back on. "But I doubt it was."

"Ssssss, Floran not tired." Fern chuckled and sat down. "However Floran issssssss hungry."

"Well... Honest pay for honest work." The pony lead Fern back towards the baskets. "By the way the names Applejack."

"Sssssssss... Apple-jack?" Fern slowly said.

"Pretty much, just less of a gap." Applejack happily replied.

"Floran sssssssstill learning how to sssssay namesssssss... They confuse Floran..." Fern sighed.

Applejack and Fern arrived at the part of the orchard full of baskets. Applejack happily gave Fern one of the small baskets of apples as payment for chopping down the old burnt out tree. Fern then happily continued walking towards Ponyville, eating apples out of a small basket.