• Published 3rd May 2012
  • 19,540 Views, 450 Comments

Becoming Whole - Chivalry



Can the Changeling Queen find true love, or will her new life prove too much of a burden for her?

  • ...
47
 450
 19,540

Prelude: Hook Line and Sinner

Prelude: Hook Line and Sinner

I find myself standing alone in a room made of stone. It is far too dark to see but a few feet around me. A pair of torches on the wall next to me catch flame, revealing a small wooden door with an inscription etched into it. I lean in closer to read the markings, but find myself unable to understand the words. As if reading my thoughts, the figures begin to morph into a familiar script:

Behind this door lies a very important key.

But, as you stand there reading, hear my plea.

This room has ensnared me with my own chain,

A chain that has anchored me here, writhing in pain,

A chain that I made, while I was still sane.

If you wish to avoid my immortal fate,

Then you mustn't open this door. Please, wait.

Wait until your soul and mind are clear of all doubt.

Take your past mistakes, and air them out.

Repent, let go, and end your heart's drought.

I tilt my head in confusion, wondering what the message was trying to tell me. "End your heart's drought"? Shaking my head, I reach for the small handle on the door, but hesitate as I hear a strange moaning sound. It was coming from all around me, haunting me from the darkness, warning me not to go any further, but I ignore it and push the door open. The door gives easily to my weight, and I stumble forward, the sight of the door shrinking away as I tumble down into the darkness.

I fall further and further. The torch fires are but a distant flickering light in this dark abyss. I can feel something. It is wrapping around my body, weighing heavily and pulling me down all the faster. I struggle against it, but every move I make only forces the bonds tighter.

A deep sigh escapes my lips, all I can do now is close my eyes and hope that someone catches me before I am dragged to the bottom of this pit.

o.0.o