• Published 26th Mar 2016
  • 271 Views, 0 Comments

The search for Daky's brother - CommanderOfTheNewLunarRe



this story is based of an rp on Everypony.com Darky is a pegasus prince from over the seas whose brother is missing. Now Lunar will face a powerful threat. and discover some things along the way.

  • ...
 0
 271

2: Into The Everfree

Lunar leads them down the main path in the everfree he looks over his shoulder and says: "I saw the way you blushed when i mentioned Luna. You like her don't you?"

"Emmmm..." Starts blushing "Well...uhhhm.. ye- I mean.. th-that's...personal. Man, i´m bad with this kind of stuff. Look, yes, but keep it a secret please." Darky came back to normal.

"Don't worry we won't tell." Lunar said with a smile.

"Thank you" Darky replied. After a while walking they decided to rest for a while. In there Darky started telling them about his brother "My brother´s name is Golden Lightning, he is 2 years older than me and was the best in our kingdom with the spear, I was asked by the captain of the guards to be with him since his bodyguard was sick. Then, 3 nights after that, he disappeared, only leaving his shield behind." He then took the necklace out but didn't notice it was shining. Lunar and Golden noticed it.

Lunar's own necklace was glowing with power. "Hey Darky, does that thing usually glow?"

"Emmm... no. It must mean something,but i don't know, it never did that when i was home. Do you know someone that may know what is happening to them?" Darky replied a little confused.

"I know why mine glows. But yours hmmm.... Luna might know after all she was the one who gave me mine." Lunar said.

"Then, we are going back to ask her?" Darky said.

"No. I will just contact her with a letter." Lunar says pulling a quill and parchment from his bag writing Dear Luna, I need to see you in the Everfree Forest. It is urgent. Your Friend, Lunar Shield

"So, she will come here..." Darky said. "Hmmm, sounds better than going back all the way, i´ll make a campfire for her to spot us." After saying that he got some wood and arranged it, then he took his shield and the carvings started glowing black, a few seconds later a small ball of fire came out and the campfire lit.

"Hmm interesting shield you have there." Lunar said as a pony made compleatly of shadows appeared behind him.

"All right Darky, just ... keep calm. That must be her." Darky said in a very low and nervous voice that only lunar manage to hear.

Luna lands in the clearing. looking at lunar she asked "What do you need Lunar?"

"Luna i was wondering if you could tell us why Darky's necklace is glowing." Lunar replied

Darky gave the necklace to Luna. "This one, it was of my brother, Twilight said that she found it in here, at Everfree. After we enter we walked for a while and when I took it out it started glowing" He said while Luna was inspecting it.

"It may mean you are getting closer to him." She says pointing at Luna's she said "His glows when his nightmare form tries to gain power. It helps him control it."

"Seems like a good posibility, we shall keep looking for him. But there is something else I just remebered about it. My father said that the necklace and my shield had magic inside them, I don't know what kind he was talking about, but we will find out sooner or later." Darky replied as Luna gave him back the necklace.

"Hmmm. Might be Nightmare Magic." Lunar said summoning a black crystal from the ground. "This should help. If you will please hand me the necklace."

"Alright, here..." Darky was about to give the necklace to Lunar, but as soon as Lunar touched it, it started glowing more intensely and the 4 ponies heard a very low voice, like coming from the necklace, saying "Nooooo..." like fading away "Ummm... That was a little... creepy, did you heard it also or it was just me?" Darky said

"I heard it hmmm. What was it though?" Lunar asked looking at Darky

"I have no idea, but the voice, it sounds familiar, but ... it sounded just ... like my brother's." Darky said looking to the necklace.
After a moment of silance the voice sounded again "Follow ... me ..." And it started glowing slowly.