• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 1,098 Views, 4 Comments

Sunset - We'll_Never_Know



The first of a four-part anthology, Celestia remembers past mistakes and receives disturbing news...

  • ...
1
 4
 1,098

Prologue

Prologue
There was peace in the throne room.

The halls were empty, except for the Princess and two of her guards. The silence was bliss, and the sounds of nature were heard and the sun graciously touched the floor of the room. A quiet day; a placid time for most.
But for Celestia, the day was one more of remembrance.

The Princess sat in her throne, and looked around at the hall; her home. Canterlot had been the seat of power for a united Equestria for almost as long as she could remember.

A united Equestria, Celestia thought. I took the throne of a united Equestria.

But now, it is no longer such.

The Solar Princess's thoughts dwell on a memory of the past. A painful memory, the cause of which extended for over a thousand years. A selfish decision, and one she regretted now.

Luna, the princess thought. Celestia's younger sister was rash, but she loved her. Together they ruled Equestria. But Luna became jealous of her sister, and after a disagreement, Celestia had Luna banished to the moon when she refused to obey. For a thousand years, Celestia thought she could rule solely without interference.

But several years ago, things changed. She met a challenge that she never thought she would face.
Celestia could painfully recall the memories...