• Published 17th Dec 2014
  • 392 Views, 27 Comments

the end of nightshade's reign - Foolish hoominzez



Nightshade's reign comes to an end

  • ...
30
 27
 392

shadowsphere

A hideous alicorn mare stood amidst a swarm of darklings. Darklings were disgusting creatures, like big blood red changelings, but with spikes instead of holes. Their queen, however, was the most corrupt and grotesque of them all. Her wings were long and blood red, with spikes instead of feathers. Her main color was navy blue, but she seemed to be covered in blood splatters. Her mane and tail, a sickening shade of dark red, was matted and seemed to stick out in spikes here and there. She had spikes on her legs and horn, her eyes were indigo and searching throughout the swarm for any weaklings.

A buff darkling flew by his queen. "Queen Shadowsphere, everything seems to be well. Soon, we can invade Everfree!"

Shadowsphere smiled evilly. "Perfect. Poor Nightshade. She had quite the potential..." She laughed gruesomely. "Too bad she had to swear her loyalty to those dimwits. Ah, soon, Equestria will be OURS!"

The darkling smirked and flew away.

Later, another darkling flew up to his queen, out of breath and clearly in a panic. "Your- your Highness! Nightshade- we weren't- she invaded our- she tricked us- Please, your Highness- It wasn't-"

Shadowsphere's eyes narrowed dangerously. "Well? Out with it! NOW!"

The darkling gulped. "Nightshade... created darkling clones... and managed to sneak them into our swarm... this particular one, actually... please, please don't-"

Shadowsphere swiped her wing at her subject, causing him to bleed immensely. A weird orange goop seeped from the holes Shadowsphere's wings had created. "Nightshade... you WILL pay!" The queen's horn began to glow a sickly purple. All the mimics, which meant half the entire swarm, disappeared and turned into shadows, scattering. Shadowsphere closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them to their full extent and screamed a hideous, gruesome scream that only a creature of pure corruption and hatred could create.

Once she stopped screaming, she began hyperventilating. "This means the swarm's size is significantly lower! We barely have enough darklings! Who allowed this to happen?! I will destroy anypony responsible! NIGHTSHADE! YOU WILL PAY!" Shadowsphere's rage was uncontainable.

A darkling cowered in fear near her, with news. Finally, it dared to speak. "Your Highness, we have report that Sombra has been completely corrupted, and Luna's corruption has already started. For Luna, there may be some complications, but Sombra is completely under our control."

Shadowsphere relaxed just a little. "Well... that's good. Perhaps Sombra could take care of Nightshade... bah!" She shook her head and stomped her hoof. "That nitwit would be killed in five seconds. I suppose..." An evil smile creeped onto the queen's face. "I'll have to dispose of the princess myself."