• Published 17th Dec 2014
  • 3,100 Views, 50 Comments

The Week Of The Spike - Star Smash



Spike wakes up each day to find his role in life has been switched with the Mane 6's.

  • ...
6
 50
 3,100

Wednesday Morning: Fluttershy 1

Morning had once again graced Ponyville with its presence. Most of the small town’s inhabitants began to wake up and start their morning routines. Smiles spread across the ponies’ faces as they greeted the rising sun. However, Spike found himself in no mood to greet anything. Immediately after waking up, the young dragon recalled the previous days events. He also remembered how mad he had felt the other day.

“I just can’t believe it,” he sighed to himself. “I never thought Rarity would be mean enough to do something like that.”

Spike turned over in his bed and pulled the covers over his head.

“I mean...I thought she was my friend.”

Just then, Spike heard a knock at the door.

“That’s weird,” he thought. “Why would Twilight knock?”

Spike wiggled out from under his blankets and looked around. Much too his astonishment, the dragon was not in his own room. Looking down, he realized that he wasn’t in his own bed either.

“Now that’s really weird.”

Once again, some pony knocked on the door to the mysterious room. Now that he was fully awake, Spike finally realized the situation he was in.

“Oh, Celestia,” he thought. “Some pony must have knocked me out and dragged me to their house! Oh, man. I bet that’s him at the door. He’s probably going to...”

Before Spike’s wild imagination could take him any further, the door opened and shy pegasus with pink mane walked in.

“Oh, Fluttershy,” Spike sighed with relief. “You scared me for a second.”

“Oh, I’m sorry, Spike. I should have known you were sleeping. I’ll just come back later, is that’s okay?”

Fluttershy began to walk out the room, but Spike sprang out of the bed and stopped her.

“Wait a sec, Flutters. I need you to tell me a few things.”

“Oh, okay. Like what exactly?”

“Well, I just want you’re doing here and why I’m not in my own bed.”

“Oh, of course. I was walking home the last night when I passed the Crystal Boutique. I stopped when I heard some shouting from inside. I saw the door open and I got scared, so I hid in the bushes. That’s when I saw you leave, but you were looking really mad. I knew something must have happened, so I started following you home.”

“Okay? But that doesn’t explain what I’m doing here.”

“Well, Spike. You’re at home in the Friendship Castle, just in a different room.”

Looking around, Spike noticed that the room was nearly identical to his, but was missing only a few of his personal items.

“Oh, yeah. Probably should have known that. But why are you here? Uh, no offense.”

“Oh, none taken. I’m here because you passed out right before you got home. I had to carry you inside. Twilight was worried and told me to take you to your room. I wasn’t sure which one was yours though, so I just picked one.”

“Well, that does explain the room, but again, why are you still here?”

“I was worried about you, so I spent the night to make sure I could check up on you in the morning.”

“Awww, Fluttershy, you didn’t have to do that.”

“I just wanted to make sure a friend was okay. It was nothing.”

Spike then wrapped Fluttershy in a tight hug, one that she happily returned.

“So Spike, tell me, what had you so upset last night?”

“I...uh, kind of don’t want to talk about it.”

“But, Spike, I stayed here all night to make sure you were okay. You could at least tell me what’s wrong.”

“I guess that’s true, Okay, fine. The reason I was so mad leaving Rarity’s last night was...”

Just then, Spike’s stomach growled loudly and Fluttershy gave a slight ‘eep’ of fright.

“Sorry, Flutters. I guess I just need some breakfast.”

“That’s alright, Spike. Twilight’s in the kitchen anyways and she was worried about you too. You can tell us together.”

Spike and Fluttershy then exited the room and made their way to the recreational floor of the castle. They walked through a few hallways and finally arrived at their destination, the kitchen. Opening the door, Spike was hit by the smell of blueberry pancakes, his favorite.

“Good morning, Spike.”

Turning his head to the source of the greeting, Spike found Twilight sitting at the kitchen table. Near her was an empty plate covered in blueberries and crumbs.

“Hey, Twi. I heard you were worried about me.”

“Of course I was! It was late at night and Fluttershy walks holding your unconscious body. I was terrified! But then Fluttershy told me what she saw and I calmed down. You weren’t injured so I figured I would talk to you in the morning. However, I’m glad Fluttershy stayed the night just in case. By the way, Fluttershy, I hope you were comfortable last night.”

“Oh, I was fine. I slept in Spike’s room.”


“Wait. You said you didn’t know where my room was.”


Spike’s stomach growled again, prompting the dragon to drop his statement and turn towards the food. He loaded a plate full of pancakes and made his way to the table. The young dragon sat across from Twilight and Fluttershy took a seat next to her.

“So, Spike,” Twilight began. “Tell us what’s wrong.”

“Uh, okay. If you hadn’t already guessed, it has something to do with Rarity. When I went to help her yesterday, she started acting all weird. At first, I didn’t think much of it. Mostly because I was distracted by her big beautiful eyes, and her soft, silky mane, and her amazing...”

“Stay on topic, Spike!”

“Huh? Oh, right. A little later she was still acting weird, but in a way that was almost familiar to me. She started to get all clumsy and kept staring at me. Remind you of anyone?”

“I hate to say it Spike, but that sounds like what you do when you’re around Rarity.”

“Exactly! I questioned her about it and she said she had a crush on me! That’s when I figure out your little joke, Twilight?”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, please. Don’t tell me you spending all of Monday pretending to be my assistant and Rarity pretending to have a crush on me is a little coincidental. Just give it up.”

“Spike, I have no idea what you are talking about. I was in Canterlot yesterday and got back late that night, I didn’t see you all day.”

“But...what...huh?”

“As for Rarity, I don’t think that’s the whole story.”

“Twilight, you can’t be serious. Seriously, what’s going on here?”

“I wouldn’t know. Spike, I think something maybe is wrong with you. Are you feeling okay?”

“I’m fine. What’s not okay is you denying this! I admit, your part of the joke was kinda fun, but Rarity went too far! I won’t be mad at you, but I just want to know you had something to do with this!”

“Spike Sparkle!”

Twilight’s harsh tone and use of his full name shocked him out of his rant. Looking around, he saw that Fluttershy was under the table and shaking. His plate of pancakes was flipped over and syrup was all over the table. Worst of all, Twilight had the look in her eyes that he knew meant she was disappointed.

“I’m sorry,” he began. “I’m so sorry.”

With that, Spike hopped down from his chair and ran out of the kitchen and out of the castle.

Comments ( 9 )

5600198
a dog and a pony show.

I feel sorry for Spike. After this one though, he should just ride out the last three days and have fun. That is what I would do.

Well, this justgets more and more confusing. Is Spike jumping realities? Sure seems like it. That means he really hurt Rarity in another reality, that's not good.

:moustache: I put my claw into it this time didn't I?

:raritydespair: Get over her you stinking little lily livered lizard !

:ajsmug: Ah Rares that's supposed to be my line

:raritystarry: Sorry, He's my lizard

:twilightoops: My assistant

:derpytongue2: My bad

Okay, this needs to continue... I have got to know how everything goes in this story.

He needs to find Celestia and Luna!!! Stat!!!!

I don't get why they were so scared... I guess it just wasn't portrayed well enough, which is what happens when dialogue lacks narrative descriptions.

That's getting a sense of perspective in an entirely new way. I like the idea, but I think you're kinda rushing through it. That first chapter about his day with Twilight could have used a bit more elaboration. Instead, it just kinda passes it over completely. The other two are a little better about it, but not much. It's all distinctly a bit too short for what you could be doing with it.

Why was this cancelled?

Login or register to comment