• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 4,460 Views, 30 Comments

An old king - thenamless



I have been banish for who knows how long. I have been watching for so long. However no one knows I am here...but I feel my time will come soon.

  • ...
12
 30
 4,460

Son?

Present
"Equestrian forces are being held back!"

"Good! Bring back the wounded when you can and keep them back!"

"Yes my king!"

"It's the Equestira King!"

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!"


Past. One year after Celestia birth

I sat in the Canterlot gardens reading a book. I felt a poke in my sides. I turn to see Celestia horn was poking me sides. I gently turn the sleeping filly. Only to feel a lump of weight on the other side. My daughter had proceeded to use me as bed. "Really?" My daughter nods. I tried to get back to reading but I couldn't get a thought out of my mind.

"What is it father?" I turn to see a worried daughter.

"Just thinking." I could see she wanted more info. I scratch her behind the ear to calm her down. To which it works but what I said was true. As on my mind was. Why was Celestia parents so busy suddenly? I know they are royals and all but locking themselves in a room for months now is not normal. I tried asking but they say it's nothing to worry about.

Heh. They should know I will get involve. In fact I will! I gently put Celestia on my daughter. I tell them I be back soon as I walk towards the castle. Guards nod to me as I walk by. I eventfully enter the king and queen room. I quickly cloaked myself just in chase and proceed to search around. In my search I came across a book. I take the book with me and go back to the girls. I lay myself back in my spot and open the book. What I read was not what I expected. Pages were ripped out but it was still intact.
Day 14
We are still studying on the poor colt. How he became one with Dark magic is mystery to us. We hate to do this to him but we must look on. We are still keeping him in zone z. Sadly this meant we have to take his life away. He is still crying for his parents. I want to let them see him but he is too dangerous. Hopefully he have his life back.

What?

Day 56
Today was a sad day. We have manage to get the colt back into his holding area. He had manage to escape and return to his family. What we didn't expect for when we came to him was to see his parents dead. It turns out he accidentally killed them. This made his Dark magic stronger but we manage to get him back. The poor filly has nothing left.

Oh my.

Day 70
Today is the worst day of my life. We have made no progress with the colt. With the king and queen we came to a difficult solution... We will keep him here and away from life. We had to tell the poor filly and...he freaked out and killed all of my workers. As for me. I am only able to write this final enter in my last moment.
Someone...if you read this...give...back...his...life...

I close the book and take a moment to gather what I just read. There keeping a poor colt locked up. Taken away his life. Sure he has Dark magic but that it not a good reason. I-I can't believe they did this.

I excuse myself from the gals and walk back to the castle. I tell a guard to keep an eyes on them as I head back to my castle. I know what I'm going to do.


I sat in the snow waiting for the guard report. "Sir!" I turn to see a griffon. "We have knocked out the staff and guards. You may enter." I nod to the guard to lead on. I eventually see the cave and enter it. All around I see knocked out staff and Royal guards. What were they doing in here? At the far end I see a bunch of my guards. "He is in there my king." I thank the guard and walk through the crowd. I come across a door to find it has magic protection. Great. I drain the door of it's magic and enter. I close the door behind me to make sure I am alone with this colt. The room was a room of a child. Bed, drawing, toys and a chain. Wait! I see the chain runs underneath the bed. I look under to see two eyes starting back at me.

"Hello?" No answer. "Are you the little colt with Dark magic?" No answer. I walk away and sit on a nearby chair. Hmm how do I get him out? I get my clue by the sounds of a belly making it's statement. I smirk and head towards a door. I ask a guard question and after a while he brings me a bag. I close the door and walk over to the chair. After sitting on it I pull out a doughnut. I set it on the table. "I know your hungry and I got food. You have to come out of there to get it." I hear the sounds of a chain moving to see a black mane colt head pop out. I wave the doughnut about and set it on the table. He looks at me then at the doughnut. "I won't bite." I smile once the colt leaves the bed and walks over to the table.

I could see the colt clearly now. A black mane, grey fur and pupils were red. He sits himself down and eats the doughnut. "Do you have a name?" He stares at me for a while. I see that look. It's the 'should I trust him?' look.

"Sombra."

"Ah good." He had finish his doughnut but still eyed the bag. "More?" He nods. I let out a chuckle and give him the bag. He looks at me with shock. I nod to which he stuff his muzzle in the bag. After a little while he removes his muzzle and licks off the frosting. "So Sombra I guess you wonder why I'm here?" He nods. "Well I found the journal of one you killed."

"I didn't mean it!" He wines out. I could see in his eyes he didn't.

"It's ok." Sombra calms down. "After I read what they were doing to you I came to save you."

"S-save me?"

"Sombra they took your life away."

"I-I..." He gets off the chair. "First who are you!" He snaps.

"I am King Zora. Adoptive father of Nightmare moon, guardian of Celestia and best friends of the king and queen." I bow.

"I KNEW IT!" I look to the filly confused. "YOU HERE TO TRICK ME! LIKE HOW THEY DID!"

I slowly see the Dark magic taking hold. "Listen Sombra. I understand if you don't trust me." I turn towards the door. "It is your choice to stay here or have a chance to get your life back." I walked towards the door until I feel something latch onto my leg.

I turn to see it was Sombra. "Please don't go!" I smile at the little filly. I break his chain and pick him up. His muscle tense at my touch. I take him outside of his room were he see's the knocked out staff and guards. "What happened?"

"I came to save you." I start to feel his muscle relax.


"Daughter!" I cry out. Soon the one I speak of appears.

She hugs me to hear an "Eep!" Come from my chest. She stares at me with confusion.

"Say hello to a colt." I slowly take out Sombra from my robes as he latches onto my hand.

She stares at the colt. "Are you Sombra?" The filly nods.

"How do you know about him?"

Nightmare Moon look away sheepishly. "I read the book you took." I let out a sigh and ruffle her mane.

The day was spent showing Sombra around the castle. He awed throughout the tour until it came to the end. We were outside a room. A certain room. "Now Sombra I heard about your...parents." I see him trying to hide his feelings. "So I offer to look after you until stuff get sorted out." He look at me with confusion. "So..." I open the door. "Say hello to your room!" The colt gasp as he jumps out of my hands. I hear my daughter giggle in the background.

"It's really all mine?" I nod. He lungs at me while I hug him back.

"You also have a maid." As soon as I say that the maid walks in. She was an Crystal pony.

I set the filly on the floor. "Greeting Sombra!" The maid bows. "My name is Feather Cloud." She rises.

"ZORA!"

"Crap." I mummer. "Looks like the king and queen found out. If you excuse me." I turn and walk towards the throne room. My daughter, Sombra and his maid follows me. I reach the room and order the guards not to let anyone in. Unless I say so. I enter to room to have them slam shut on the group behind me. I sit upon my throne and notice the two guards. "We will have some angry company. Do not attack." They nod at my remark.

A flash appears in the room and once it's gone I see the two I just spoke of. What caught my eyes was Galaxies looked calm while her husband. I all most burst out laughing. He had tape across his muzzle while his hair was fire. Galaxies approach the throne. Oh boy here we go.


Meanwhile outside the throne room.

"What going to happen?" Sombra asks.

"My father will keep his word and give your life back." Nightmare Moon replies. They recoil from the sudden outburst of shouting. "And he won't back down. No matter who."

"But why all this for me?"

"Because he is one of an kind..."


Back in the throne room.

"Yfof lkasfja ofjsl!" Galaxies walks over to her husband and rips off his tape. "Ow! Thanks...As I said. You have no right!"

I walk up to the two. "Listen I know your doing this for safety but this is over the line. You can't take his life away!" They were going to reply. "Your a family now! Your parents! You should know better! Listen...You locked him away because of his Dark magic because he was too dangerous. So tell me this why when he was with me and my subjects. Not once did he cause any trouble."

"Could you bring in Sombra." I look at Galaxies. "We shall do a test." I nod at her remark. I look over to the guards and gesture for them to follow her command. A changeling guard nods and walks out. After a little while he comes back with Sombra.

Sombra see's the two and latches onto my leg. "Don't let them take me!" I pick the colt up.

"Shh it's ok." I turn the colt to Galaxies. She walks closer and stares into his eyes. "Keep your eyes open please." Sombra keeps them open. After a little while she smiles. I put Sombra down.

"With you by his side. You can help him over come his troubles."

Sombra catches on. "So I can stay?"

I knee down. "If you wish." He latches onto my neck. I let out a chuckle while saying farewell to the Alicorns. It was late so I walked back to Sombra room. The group notices Sombra latched onto me and let's out a sigh. "What?" The maid leaves us while I walk with Sombra and my daughter back to his room. I tuck him in and wish him night.

"Wait!" I lean back down to Sombra. "I just want to say. Thank you." I smile at him. "Also...I never been this close to anypony but I feel this could work. Since I don't have family." He jumps upon my neck again. "I love you daddy." This comment was a bullet to my heart. I put him back down while he stare into my eyes for an answer.

"I-I love you too...son." I quickly walk out of the room. Nightmare was staring at me. "What?"

"Do you truly accept him?" I didn't know how to reply. He needs family. I see why he called me father. I slide down a wall and sit on the floor. I don't see any reason to not.

"I-I do." Nightmare jumps around the room.

"I got a brother!" She jumps into my arms. "I love you dad!" I hug her back.

"I love you to." I look out the nearby window. "One crazy family."


I was in the royal Canterlot gardens again. Watching over my daughter, son and Celestia playing together. Even when I found Sombra, Celestia parents were still very busy. However they swore to me it wasn't to do with anything like Sombra.

Then I felt it again.

The time draws near and...it looks like I have a lot more to lose now.


Present

"Shield up! Shield up!"

"They breaking through!"

"Retreat! Retreat!"

"Watch out!"

Comments ( 20 )

It's an OK story so far!

Just one thing all the Sombra text you keep calling him a filly, he's a colt.

A young male horse is called a colt, not a filly.

5467966
My bad. I will fix it when I have the time.
Thanks for pointing it out. Also thanks to ShadowEclipse.

You know his name reminds me of the legend of zelda ocarina of time

good story in my books so keep it up :pinkiehappy:

DON'T DIE ON ME!*repeatedly slams hoofs on chest trying to preform CPR*

YES I AGREE WE DEMAND MORE CHAPTERS FOR THIS STORY
please:fluttercry:

5468256 this is a really great story make more chapters..........plz

This is amazing please make more

Aren't Nightmare Moon and Princess Luna the same person? I'm only asking because I don't see an alternate universe tag.

If you do not update, I will find you and I will Love and tolerate that shit out of you, put a bullet in your brain and then take all of your merchandise:pinkiecrazy:

7221876 nahhh just pull this at his face picturearchive.gunauction.com/1905200610/8746099/5a026596062333d264d077be3c0e9c96.jpg also you have the same kind of look with the profile and somone i know

Plz more, this looks good.

7108199
you can only have so many tags might not be room

This story is dead, isn’t it. Why do all the good ones die!!!!:raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair:

Only the best die young
You were very best TT__TT
An old german song from böhse Onkelz
A pity your Fans will always wait...

I hope this will continue

Good story so far, grammar could use a little work, would like to see more at some point.

Login or register to comment