• Published 17th Dec 2014
  • 1,237 Views, 26 Comments

Subject 64-B - Necrogen Lord



I've lived my life in constant fear. All I know is darkness. I want help. Why won't they look at me? Why can't I breathe? Why can't I speak? Why can't I stay?

  • ...
7
 26
 1,237

The Change

I heard it.

I heard something else.

Something that wasn't a thought or a creak.

It was a slam.

Whatever it was, it was outside of here.

Again.

There were sounds outside of my thoughts.

I can hear something else.

Something... familiar.

What are they called?

They...

They're...

... voices.

\\\\\\//////

"So the Princess wants all this relocated to Ponyville?" one of the shipping ponies asked.

"Yep, says it all here."

The stallions looked at the large, dusty box as they began to empty out one of the oldest parts of the Star Swirl the Bearded section of the Royal Archives. One of them held a clipboard in their magic, levitating the notes in a pale blue glow.

"Well, let's get it outta here," the other said.

They grunted as their magic began to pull the box out of the corner of the dimly lit storage, barely managing to lift it above the ground.

\\\\\\//////

What's happening!?

I can't think straight.

I can barely think at all.

Everything I've known, everything I've been...

... it's all changing.

What was once everything I knew, became...

... something else.

I don't know how to describe it.

It was different than what I've known for so long, and caused my mind to retreat.

As I adjusted, I felt calm as I knew I was still here.

The voices had began to change, as well.

I need to think, for now.

That's all I can do.

That's all I know.

Time to remember.

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 3
Date: 1-22- Celestial Era, Year 1

Well, we've managed to get some information from the scouts.
At least we have some grasp on the enemy threat.
Unfortunately, it seems as though they've learned of our position.
Both the Diamond Dog Enclave and the Griffon Empire have moved in on the outer territories.
The Griffons attack from above while the Diamond Dogs strike from within.
We've no defenses against both at the same time.
More and more refugees are showing up in our Royal City, demanding that we do something.
But what can we do?

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 4
Date: 1-27- Celestial Era, Year 1

I've still yet to see my brother.
We've tried to search for him in all of the study halls, yet we can't find him.
I know where he could be, without a doubt, but right now, I think he might not be the best for us.
I suggested that we try to form a council, drawn between Civilian and Military representatives.
Some laughed.
Most, however, thought it was better than our current situation.
None have dared to even try to disturb Princess Celestia.
The Generals are panicking about the disappearances of smaller towns, though their cries go unanswered.
I understand their rage, but however just it may be, we simply don't have the capabilities we once had to react.
If we do, we must strike vital points only, and without a strong enough scouting force, we won't win this war anytime soon.

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 5
Date: 2-1- Celestial Era, Year 1

Since I last wrote, we've lost all but fear.
The Generals have taken it upon themselves to go out and combat our foes, while the rest are begging for help.
The Dragons are distant as always, and want nothing but to sleep for now.
I thought I heard them mutter something about their younglings, but they're too far to ask now.
The Zebras still refuse to participate in open conflict, deciding it be best that they simply surrender when the time comes.
The Nobles accused them of betraying us, yet there was never an instance that they had assisted our kind in conflict before.
Buffalo are out of the question, as are Minotaurs, as they've yet to forget the racism against their kinds when Equestria was first founded.
Even the Changelings are avoiding this war.
When they simply wrote us off, they were thought of as less than insects.
After I read the letter, however, I thought it was understandable.
They have little to no resources for themselves.
How could they spare any for us?
I've heard murmurs of opting to surrender, and be done with this.
The next thing I knew, it was as if the Guillotine was about to come back.
Those that had agreed with it were almost executed, were it not for my brother.
He had said that we should crystallize the inside of the mountain, so that the Diamond Dogs can't dig underneath us.
He showed the Unicorns a spell to do it, and they're already off.
I'd have gone with them, had I the talent my brother did.
I'm needed now, there's another Council meeting.
Apparently the Griffons had taken a Pegasus city, and have several hundred hostages.

\\\\\\//////

It's different.

Again.

Everything but here.

Noises are changing.

I can...

I don't know how to think about it.

My mind is unchanging, but...

It's as if I'm in a vessel.

A container.

It's moving beneath me.

It's moving around here.

The voices.

They're back.

\\\\\\//////

"So this is all going to Ponyville?" the conductor asked.

"Yep, it's all here," said the mover pony.

The conductor nodded and stepped onto the train car before pulling up the bridging section.

"Thanks, have a nice day!" he said with a wave.

Both mover ponies waved and gave their farewells as the train began to rock forward, moving along the track to the town in the distance.

\\\\\\//////

The there.

Outside of here.

I don't know what to think.

I don't know how to react.

What are my reactions, anyway?

Why am I asking myself these questions?

So many noises...

So many changes...

... f... fee-l-lin-ngs?

... feeling...

I...

I'm feeling the there.

M... movement...

The act of physically changing the location of-

Wait.

Physical...

Physical...

Physical...?

What...

Feeling...

I can't...

No...

Stop...

Rememb-

No.

Don't remember.

Can't think...

If I remember...

Only think...

Think...

Think...