• Published 17th Dec 2014
  • 1,237 Views, 26 Comments

Subject 64-B - Necrogen Lord



I've lived my life in constant fear. All I know is darkness. I want help. Why won't they look at me? Why can't I breathe? Why can't I speak? Why can't I stay?

  • ...
7
 26
 1,237

Where do I start...

Again.

Here I am.

I don't know where here is, though that's yet to cause panic since the first hundred times.

All I know, all I've ever known, is that I'm here, and here is nothing anymore.

There used to be sounds.

Clanks and shifts in the air as something besides me was out... somewhere.

Anywhere, but here.

If I were to start slowly recalling my thoughts since birth, I'd have trouble with the way everything started.

First, I thought that I was lost...

Then, I found out I was here.

Everything around me is nothing.

Nothing is all I know.

All I am.

All I have.

... and the memories.

I can't tell if they're mine.

I remember asking myself that when I first woke up here.

After that, I stopped.

I simply accepted the fact that the memories were here.

That I was here.

Now all I do is think.

Think about everything I know.

Something that may be mine, and something that I found here.

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 1
Date: 1-15- Celestial Ear, Year 1

To whosoever shall find these words,

I write this now to document what little remains of our kingdom, so that if we fall, we have record of how we did.
Our beloved rulers, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia, had done battle only days ago.
It feels as though the old days were decades ago, now.
Princess Luna had harnessed the hatred towards those that shunned the night and worshiped her sister, and turned into a nightmare.
Princess Celestia had only one option, and she now lays in her chambers, silent since her sister's banishment to the moon.
Now our enemies hear of this, and we've no armies left.
Those that served the Night had been labeled as Heretics, though they only wish to return.
Those that served the Day had perished en mass during the battle between our Princesses.
As I write this, the Griffon Empire, and the Diamond Dog Enclave prepare to march on our borders.
Some say that we have no choice, and that we should simply surrender now to avoid bloodshed.
Others say that we should fight them, and keep our kingdom from their wretched claws.
Few are choosing to stay out of it, but are likely to be swept in, regardless.
All we can do now is wait until the Counsel decides on what to do, before anypony starts a riot.
I'm going to leave for the meeting now, hopefully my brother is already there.
Perhaps if there's one pony who can help us, it's him.

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 2
Date: 1-16- Celestial Era, Year 1

The meeting was horrible.
Everypony kept yelling and screaming like stupid foals.
Accusations are being thrown around in random directions as these politicians try and find something to blame.
None of them would hear the reason behind what my brother had said.
That we need to unite, now more than ever, and show these foes that we are not to be trifled with.
They wouldn't hear it.
Some said that we need Princess Celestia, now more than ever.
I remember one in particular that this was some, "Divine Test" by her, so that we can prove that we are "worthy" of her presence.
Pure, drunken shite, in my opinion.
I followed my brother, after the meeting, to the Solar Tower to check on Princess Celestia.
After we had tried to speak to her, we departed for our respective studies.
I had never seen my brother so torn.
To think, his greatest friends had a fallout so great that it had attracted the armies of so many.
He looks almost guilty.
I'm afraid to ask him, but know that if this festers for too long, he'd do himself great harm.
I've scheduled a meeting with the Generals for three days from now, to try and think of a way to defend ourselves.
Divines help us.

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 3
Date: 1-20- Celestial Era, Year 1

It was almost as bad as the political hearing.
None of the Generals were willing to cooperate, almost all of them having some kind of stupid idea of taking the fight to our enemies early.
We'd do nothing but waste lives.
One suggested a Draft.
I had to resist the urge to bash his skull in.
If we were to go with the Draft, we'd loose what little stallion-power we have left, and leave hundreds, if not thousands, of families devastated more than they already are.
A few actually agreed on something, only it was as if they agreed because they were beaten by the same stick of frozen stupid.
They suggested that the Pegasi all fly straight for the Griffon Capitol, strike with, what they call, "Thunderheads," and assault their Empire from within.
The fact that they had suggested it was stupid enough, but they chose to humiliate themselves further by continuing.
They said that when they reach the Equestrian border, we could use Earth ponies to dig into Diamond Dog bases so Unicorn troops could act as suicide-bombers.
Those morons were rightfully assaulted.
Before the idiocy could escalate, however, somepony with an actual, working brain suggested that we hold all of our troops back and focus on trying to make new strategies before we blindly assault enemies we haven't fought in 300 years.
After the rest of the Generals managed to reluctantly agree, we finally managed to close the meeting, and send letters to the troops.

\\\\\\//////

Entry: 17
Date: 3-8- Celestial Era, Year 1

I thought I had heard intruders earlier, when I used the facilities.
When I went to check on who was trying to break in, however, I found my brother trying to sneak food into the Archives.
The difference, however, was that this time, he had several bags under his eyes, and he told me that he was looking into enchanted metals and machinery.
I had asked him about why he chose to study those at the same time, and he told me that he might have an idea.
But what really grabbed my attention, was the way he said it.
He told me to think of it as the action that would bring our names to light, together.
That ponies of Equestria would look to us one day, and remember us as heroes.
"Star Swirl and Gear Mind," he said, "bringing in the new era at last."

So many memories.

I couldn't think why they were here with me, but I don't care.

I've never cared.

I can't.

All I know is that there are so many more.

Now, I remember something.

Numbers.

They're... all out of order.

I have to remember them correctly.

It's all I have.

I have to work.

I need to think.